Events/gigs Of 2011 - Page 16 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Events/gigs Of 2011

xj2006

I'd pay maybe £50 to Dylan and the Stone Roses but there's nothing else on that line-up I'd be interested in. Definitely looks like a main stage event, and only assuming those two acts are on the same day... there's no way that should be a four day festival!

I wouldn't worry too much, it's not as if irnbru was inviting you to go with him.

AWMSC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LAdy Antebellum in July at the SECC (Pish venue) and the band so good they named them three times - Wet Wet Wet at Glasgow Green second week of July, then the Lomond Folk Festival the last weekend of July, busy month!!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Cafe Continental tonight (The Beat Club): BLINDFOLDS, kinda Cramps-like Psyche Pop, just sold out King Tuts! CANCEL THE ASTRONAUTS: Edinburgh Jangly Pop outfit, supported Graham Coxon the other night @ The Liquid Rooms!

Should be another good one - and free entry as usual..... :lol:

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

What a great weekend - Paul McLaughlin (ex Sneak Attack Tigers) & Lynnie Carson's Hammond Folly were excellent last night @ a jam packed Boat Club, and tonight it's back to The Cafe for the very wonderful Admiral Fallow!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

Brown Bear & the Bandits are supporting The Pigeon Detectives in Word Up on 16th May, Chris. :)

That's GREAT news - wasn't even sure if I would even go. Though I like the 'Tecs 1st lp a lot - have heard nowt since, but will def be there now coz of BB & the Bs!.....

Am actually sitting here in distress at the moment - wanted to go up to Stereo in Glw last night to see the brilliance of Cashier No.9, who were supported by Largs' finest, Brown Bear and The Bandits...didn't fancy going up on my own (T is on night-shift all week), so opted instead for the GouRock option of Micky Cassidy / Fiction Faction @ The Beat Club in Cafe Conti. Both acts were fine, but the attendance was distressing beyond belief: Apart from the friends they had brought (8) and acts watching each other (6) and the bar crowd who weren't watching (20?), it was me and 5 other people..............

Knock On Effect are also supporting, you should check them out.

http://soundcloud.com/knockoneffect

Just played the five songs, sounds fine - looks like it's gonna be a top night @ Word Up!

Off now to McChuills in Glasgow to see the very splendid Debris Rose, should be a cracker from Inverclyde's finest! (Well, after My Latest Novel, of course....) :lol:

The last few weeks have been to see Team Me (dragged along by my daughter but I was pleasantly suprised and really enjoyed it, 7/10), Thomas Dybdahl (John Martyn and Jeff Buckley morphed into one guy, excellent 8/10) and tonight it was Bombay Bicycle Club (Sooooperb, best gig I've been to in years, if you get the chance, go see them you won't regret it! 9.5/10).

Next one the list is Choir of Young Believers on the 22nd, looking forward to that one.

errors tonight at the arches

:D

There was a choice of 3 last night, Errors, Cribs, or the one I opted for, Little Victories @ Stereo, featuring 2 of Greenock's finest, Jim Laing & Roddy McCahon.... Stunning performance, and the best laser show I've seen since Tangerine Dream in The Apollo back in 1978! Support Nevada Base were also great. Went up on the train with Kenny M and Craig P - they went to The Arches to see Errors and loved it......

• 2 weeks later...

Choir of Young Believers tonight in Leuven.

Two observations....

One, thet are very, very good live, 9/10. Honestly, if you get the chance go see them.

Two, Leuven audiences are s***e, even by Belgian standards. This is supposed to be a student party city FFS. Pffffff.

Did you make it along to Pigeon Detectives?

It was absolutely fantastic. They may not be the greatest band in the world but there's no denying that Matt Bowman is a fcking tremendous front man!

Brown Bear were excellent as always as well, and Knock On Effect (whom i hadn't actually heard beforehand) were really good too.

:)

Apparently they're going to have a band night sort of thing in Word Up once a month ? although I wouldn't expect someone like The Pigeon Detectives every month.

TTG JIM!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived