Events/gigs Of 2011 - Page 17 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Events/gigs Of 2011

xj2006

Off to Glasgow Green for Wet Wet Wet on Friday, then Lomond Folk Festival next weekend in Balloch all weekend.

Because I'm Rock and Roll.

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from Benicassim - highlights were Stone Roses (better than in Manchester), Noel Gallagher, Maccabees (think they will be headlining festivals soon!), Spector and the Vaccines. Bob Dylan was pretty poor though - no crowd interaction at all and his set was more like a jam for session musicians that a Bob Dylan gig.

Was down seeing Springsteen in London last weekend. What a show they put on in Hyde Park, despite the jobsworths backstage cutting himself, Paul McCartney and the band's mics towards the end of the final song because they had went past the curfew! :rolleyes:

Went through to Edinburgh for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at the Castle on Tuesday night, absolutely crackin gig. Am a big fan of the album, really enjoy most of the tracks. Among the Oasis songs he performed, there was an acoustic version of Supersonic, Whatever during the encore was amazing, Don't Look Back In Anger to finish, superb. Rain threatened to dampen things a wee bit, but stayed off for almost all of it. Manc band called Folks supporting, sounded a wee bit like Cast at times, :) not bad either.

Heading down to see Mozza in Manchester next weekend, looking forward to it as not seen him since Stirling in '09. Hope he sounds ok in the Arena though, SECC in '04 was a bit dodgy!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Was down seeing Springsteen in London last weekend. What a show they put on in Hyde Park, despite the jobsworths backstage cutting himself, Paul McCartney and the band's mics towards the end of the final song because they had went past the curfew! :rolleyes:

How exactly the crew "jobsworths"? Have you any idea how big the fines (and repercussions for when they apply for the licence next year) for concert promoters breaking local curfews are?

They cut off people at the Leeds festival for over-running, and Branham Park is in the middle of nowhere. Hyde Park is right in the middle of the city!

Someone switching off Paul McCartney's microphone is probably one of the greatest acts of humanitarianism in recorded history.

How exactly the crew "jobsworths"? Have you any idea how big the fines (and repercussions for when they apply for the licence next year) for concert promoters breaking local curfews are?

They cut off people at the Leeds festival for over-running, and Branham Park is in the middle of nowhere. Hyde Park is right in the middle of the city!

Someone switching off Paul McCartney's microphone is probably one of the greatest acts of humanitarianism in recorded history.

:lol: I don't care!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Probably because you're a prick, I'd guess. :lol:

Someone does their job, because some rich **** can't do his properly, and you feel the need to insult him/her rather than the multi millionaire that can't sing that you've paid a few quid to hear warble monotonously.

:lol: I don't care!

Probably because you're a ****, I'd guess. :lol:

Someone does their job, because some rich **** can't do his properly, and you feel the need to insult him/her rather than the multi millionaire that can't sing that you've paid a few quid to hear warble monotonously.

You 2 would make a gorgeous couple :wub:

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Probably because you're a prick, I'd guess. :lol:

Perhaps, or perhaps because you're an odious pedant. ;)

I enjoyed the near 30 song set that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band performed, I considered it worth the few quid, fantastic live. And I was aware of the rules, there was a curfew when I went to see them at the Emirates in 2008, it's in a built-up area also. Like a lot of people, given the set had minutes to finish, I felt they could have let them go on for the minute or two longer required to wrap up and thank the crowd. Your constant need to correct everyone over everything is utterly depressing.

• 4 weeks later...
Perhaps, or perhaps because you're an odious pedant. ;)

I enjoyed the near 30 song set that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band performed, I considered it worth the few quid, fantastic live. And I was aware of the rules, there was a curfew when I went to see them at the Emirates in 2008, it's in a built-up area also. Like a lot of people, given the set had minutes to finish, I felt they could have let them go on for the minute or two longer required to wrap up and thank the crowd. Your constant need to correct everyone over everything is utterly depressing.

Condemned-OhSnap.jpg

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Got a ticket for Pete Doherty next week at Word Up, seeing The Twang in October and The View in December.

The Twang gig I went to in 2007 was one of the best nights out of my life - ended up drinking with the band in Barfly afterwards as well.

Pete Doherty's a **** though.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Archived