Sign in to follow this  
Jamie_M

Commercial Activity

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

MacKinnon suggesting that there will be a ramp up of commercial activity over the next few weeks.

Here's the first, new phone cases partner (what happened to the other mob?):

https://gmfc.net/2020/08/07/delight-as-greenock-morton-announce-partnership-with-phonecases3d/

Smart. 

Hopefully a sign of more to come. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The nostalgia ones are great. Dunno why you would want to partner with anyone else especially with this new mob’s not looking anywhere near as good. 

1 hour ago, Scott said:

this new mob’s not looking anywhere near as good. 

and being more expensive.

Maybe we're getting more $$$ this way.

Looks like they only ship to Europe. Understandable, but I would have bought the stadium one if they shipped to the US. (They ship to the Aaland Islands and "Man Island", btw.)

Edited by TRVMP

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Nostalgia Cases are still advertising their products with the Morton badge on them, and I didn’t see the word “exclusive” linked to the deal with this new mob, so fingers crossed that it hasn’t affected that deal.

Can’t imagine too many folk would be inclined to buy from this lot rather than our more established, and increasingly popular partners.

Were Morton or any other club ever officially partnered with Nostalgia cases? Good as they are, I was never under the impression revenue from them went to the clubs, other than perhaps a token sum for use of their badges.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Were Morton or any other club ever officially partnered with Nostalgia cases? Good as they are, I was never under the impression revenue from them went to the clubs, other than perhaps a token sum for use of their badges.

They were given a similar 'delighted to announce a partnership' treatment.

https://gmfc.net/2018/09/28/greenock-morton-phone-cases-available-now/

So I can go to Phonecases3D online and buy a Valencia, Malaga,  Levante or Atletico case for a fiver less and with free delivery.

Mmm, it's a no from me.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Woody66 said:

So I can go to Phonecases3D online and buy a Valencia, Malaga,  Levante or Atletico case for a fiver less and with free delivery.

Mmm, it's a no from me.

Why would you want to buy a phone case with some random jobber outfit in Spain on it? Do you think GMFC are similarly relying on a flood of interest from the critical Murcia market to make the numbers work for them?

Yet another case of Morton fans wetting their frilly knickers about a total fucking non issue.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

In fairness, Levante's logo has a wee bat. 

• Upvote 2

Do you like Abba?

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Why would you want to buy a phone case with some random jobber outfit in Spain on it? Do you think GMFC are similarly relying on a flood of interest from the critical Murcia market to make the numbers work for them?

Yet another case of Morton fans wetting their frilly knickers about a total fucking non issue.

Sounds like it's you with the moist panties.

Edited by Woody66
  • Downvote 2

You're the one having a tantrum that Morton aren't competing with fucking Valencia in the all-important phone case price wars M8, sit down.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

31 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Thought that was Wuhan FC?

51fEHE8O0oL._AC_.jpg

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

On 8/8/2020 at 2:48 AM, dunning1874 said:

If Morton were 'officially licensed' with them, then yes they were receiving a fee per case sold. I also dealt with them in my old job and set up a similar deal, initiated solely because I saw they had connected with Morton.

The fact you can request any kit for pretty much any phone is a nice selling point but we never actually made much money from the deal, I think partly because they are quite pricey*. 

Morton might have been better with https://theterracestore.com/ or similar, where you can get retro stuff for a decent price and quality as well.

*Edit: I say Nostalgia are pricey, but I see the the 3d versions are even more expensive...! 

Edited by hayfever

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

I used to work for a company that had offices in Katowice, Poland, so I'd spend a bit of time over there. I developed an interest in their local club, GKS. They used to be decent but are now in the Polish third tier, which is absolutely crap, and they probably play in front of 1,000 or so most weeks. Nonetheless, here's the kind of stuff their official club shop is putting out:

http://blaszok.pl/

Meskie is Men, then the four options are Shirts, Jumpers, Hoodies, and Shorts. Gadzety you can probably figure out yourself; it's worth going through the 52 items they have on offer here.

A lot of the shirt designs are great. The gadgets aren't anything to write home about but there's a terrific assortment of them. And this is for a fairly nondescript club, admittedly one from a big city, but a big city where there's probably as many Ruch Chorzow and Gornik Zabrze fans as GKS supporters. I really don't think they're turning these things out at volume, but nonetheless the designs are pretty good and there's a variety.

Why can't we have stuff like this? Why do we just get these shan wee partnerships with Interstadia and Manuel's Basuras del Teléfono (Panama) Ltd.?

Edited by TRVMP

Do you like Abba?

My dad contacted the club a fortnight ago asking if they'd like to do an article/news item on three generations of a family renewing their season ticket - myself, him and my son (who we know technically can't renew until we can attend the games). They said they'd be delighted and asked when. We said anytime before the 11th since my son and I don't live locally and will be back at work/school.

He's heard nothing since. I've told him I'm not all that surprised.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, TRVMP said:

I used to work for a company that had offices in Katowice, Poland, so I'd spend a bit of time over there. I developed an interest in their local club, GKS. They used to be decent but are now in the Polish third tier, which is absolutely crap, and they probably play in front of 1,000 or so most weeks. Nonetheless, here's the kind of stuff their official club shop is putting out:

http://blaszok.pl/

Meskie is Men, then the four options are Shirts, Jumpers, Hoodies, and Shorts. Gadzety you can probably figure out yourself; it's worth going through the 52 items they have on offer here.

A lot of the shirt designs are great. The gadgets aren't anything to write home about but there's a terrific assortment of them. And this is for a fairly nondescript club, admittedly one from a big city, but a big city where there's probably as many Ruch Chorzow and Gornik Zabrze fans as GKS supporters. I really don't think they're turning these things out at volume, but nonetheless the designs are pretty good and there's a variety.

Why can't we have stuff like this? Why do we just get these shan wee partnerships with Interstadia and Manuel's Basuras del Teléfono (Panama) Ltd.?

There must be hundreds of businesses in the UK who can design and supply the kind of merch you are talking about, and we'd all like to see Morton offer. I wonder if the club is restricted because a/the deal with Smiths??

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange