Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Queens Park (16th December) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Queens Park (16th December)

Admin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

Robbie has been booked in 5 league matches , you need 6 bookings before a suspension kicks in.

In any case, if his booking against ICT had been his 6th then it would be the game on 30th December (ICT) that he would have missed.

As an aside, Kirk Broadfoot picked up his 6th booking today so he will miss the game against ICT on 30th Dec

Muirhead's league bookings this season:

23/9 Dunfermline (a)

30/9 Airdrie (h)

28/10 Ayr (a)

31/10 Raith (h)

12/12 Inverness (h)

You're right, I've had him down as walking a suspension tightrope in the match previews for weeks now, but he'll be available for Airdrie, which is great news. Hate being wrong about things like that, but I'll take it.

As for Broadfoot:

5/8 Ayr (h)

12/8 Raith (a)

26/8 Arbroath (h)

16/9 Dundee United (a)

23/9 Dunfermline (a)

16/12 Queen's Park (h)

All things considered, I was expecting Broadfoot's suspension to come along much earlier than it did, given his difficult start to the season. I don't agree that it'll be Inverness he misses though- from reading an excerpt from the SFA's website the other day (no, I don't know where it is), my reading is that after seven days grace then a suspension must be served, rather than being allowed a game until the suspension is served.

Had we a midweek game on the 19th/20th, Broadfoot would have been available, but he'll sit out on Saturday as far as I'm aware. @dunning1874 is probably the best person to ask.

3 hours ago, Scott said:

A simply outstanding defensive performance in that second half. 9 points and 2 goals conceded in the last 3 games is quite the turnaround from a team that were shipping goals not so long ago. 

We haven't really shipped goals, it has been the lack of cutting edge that led us to lose most of those eight games by a single goal margin. 

The defence has improved but it's part of a general improvement that comes with first choice players available and confidence.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I thought Tuesday's referee would take some beating but there you go.

The red card was never a red although I was not all that surprised to see him send Oakley off, given his performance up to that point. 

That was a very hard fought three points. Mullen was a deserved MotM for me.

Batshit that we could go from bottom to 5th in 8 days.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Muirhead's league bookings this season:

23/9 Dunfermline (a)

30/9 Airdrie (h)

28/10 Ayr (a)

31/10 Raith (h)

12/12 Inverness (h)

You're right, I've had him down as walking a suspension tightrope in the match previews for weeks now, but he'll be available for Airdrie, which is great news. Hate being wrong about things like that, but I'll take it.

Erm, surely adding 16/12 'Dutch total football maestros' confirms that a six booking suspension has in fact been triggered (either for or after the Airdrie game?)

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yeah, in Broadfoot’s case.

You've listed five previous yellow cards for Muirhead up to Inverness and he got booked again today. Unless I'm in some sort of delusional fever state that counts as a six yellow card suspension. 

4 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

You've listed five previous yellow cards for Muirhead up to Inverness and he got booked again today. Unless I'm in some sort of delusional fever state that counts as a six yellow card suspension. 

No, Muirhead wasn’t booked today.

IMG_7227.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Toby said:

No, Muirhead wasn’t booked today.

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

Well at least the premise of the whole debate makes sense now, but I'm still convinced that Muirhead was booked as part of the general first half parade of set-tos and rightful abuse aimed at that cretin in black. 

Queens Park’s highlights are up. Never a red card - it’s a trip and a yellow for me. The penalty offence is obscured by the pillar.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Red definitely borderline for me. It's definitely more than a trip but hard to tell whether he's stood on his foot or raked his studs down the back of the QP players calf. 

Absolutely silly challenge to make anyway and absolutely no chance we would win an appeal if we bothered. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

37 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Red definitely borderline for me. It's definitely more than a trip but hard to tell whether he's stood on his foot or raked his studs down the back of the QP players calf. 

Absolutely silly challenge to make anyway and absolutely no chance we would win an appeal if we bothered. 

Either of those might be a yellow card offence, but where, specifically, is the red card offence there? Still just looks like a clumsy forwards challenge to me. 

9 minutes ago, Madton said:

Strange they left the McGrattan effort out.

I think the angle of the challenge from the gantry will make an appeal difficult.

There was a camera beside the WDE goal so hopefully that’s got a better view of it. 
Still a completely unnecessary thing for Oakley to do. 

Doesn’t look a red to me, but I can’t see it being overturned on appeal.

While it’s certainly a yellow, I don’t think from that distance it’s conclusive enough for the SFA to rescind when their official was within two yards of it and appeared so adamant in making his decision.

An appeal would be a costly venture with absolutely no reward, and possibly even an extra match ban thrown in for good measure.

I’d say we’ll just have to suck it up and look forward to George’s return.

29 minutes ago, Scott said:

There was a camera beside the WDE goal so hopefully that’s got a better view of it. 
Still a completely unnecessary thing for Oakley to do. 

A big part of our success over the last week, and what we've done really well, is win possession back quickly by nipping in and getting a toe onto the ball when we can. As far as I can see, that's exactly what Oakley had tried to do but has been clumsy and missed (as forwards often do). I don't really see any need to talk of it as unnecessary. 

Archived