Championship 2022/23 - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2022/23

Jamie_M

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ scrambling for relevance 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

I finally find myself reluctantly succumbing to admitting we need to settle for the levels of mediocrity proposed by Dougie and VT. 

I often wonder why you post on here, especially when most of it is provocative nonsense.  I remember being up for the Bonnyrigg Rose match at the start of the season and, after suffering through that, fully expecting a scrap to avoid being 9th.  I'll be up for the QP game and I am astonished that we have over achieved this season to the level where we are still in with a shout of making the play offs; to go up rather than avoiding the drop.  If you can't celebrate that achievement then I struggle to understand if we've been following the same side for the last 20+ years.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

24 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

I often wonder why you post on here, especially when most of it is provocative nonsense.  I remember being up for the Bonnyrigg Rose match at the start of the season and, after suffering through that, fully expecting a scrap to avoid being 9th.  I'll be up for the QP game and I am astonished that we have over achieved this season to the level where we are still in with a shout of making the play offs; to go up rather than avoiding the drop.  If you can't celebrate that achievement then I struggle to understand if we've been following the same side for the last 20+ years.

Because he's a fucking bellend.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

14 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

You’re entitled to expressing your point of view, as hopefully I am too, on a fans’ forum which exists for that sole purpose.

Please don’t let any pseudo intellectuals ever attempt to prevent you, me or any Morton fan doing likewise. Using that platform I would say that you’re of the under achieving mentality, as I don’t see any evidence of greatness that we should glean from any of our competitors this season.

Perhaps I’ve been spoiled by our previous achievements, but I can’t understand you’re astonishment at our achievement of just staying in this division.
Yes I admit to being a bit provocative as I strive to awake something in an apathetic support of the club we dearly love. I overdo it and parody myself at times but sometimes I don’t see any other way to awake our hopes and dreams for our famous Greenock Morton, who I love over and above any player. manager or owner.

44 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Yes I admit to being a bit provocative as I strive to awake something in an apathetic support of the club we dearly love. I overdo it and parody myself at times but sometimes I don’t see any other way to awake our hopes and dreams for our famous Greenock Morton, who I love over and above any player. manager or owner.

Braveheart__22but_theyll_never_take_our_freedom22.jpg

Archived