Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Madton said:

We will finish closer to relegation playoffs than promotion playoffs IMO.

Delighted if I'm wrong of course.

Simply win our game in hand and we'd be 8 points behind the promotion play-offs and 7 ahead of the relegation spot.  

With a reasonable continuation of our current form (a few defeats along the way) I'd expect us to clock up our Moore/Irons-era standard of a 46-48 points total. Which would in itself be remarkable considering the utter nick we were in before Christmas (Jack Ross levels of revival at the burners - minus throwing money at a new squad in January), but also wouldn't be far off sneaking into 4th either.

I think 8th might require a minimum of 40 points given the collapse of dung outfits like Inverness every week, but that's what the Little People are in the division for. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith Rovers have loaned Goodwillie back to Clyde.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Raith 2-1 up at Killie in the diddy cup semi.

Think this means we've got a Friday night game now.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Six points behind Billy Dodds' winless in eleven games*, clowncar outfit if we win tomorrow. Which means three points behind given that Sir Douglas will put them to the sword at Cappielow.

A top half finish is essentially in our own hands and 4th is no longer unrealistic. Three points tomorrow would see us break this stupid top/bottom half split. 

* It's almost as if giving it the big licks at Cappielow has since been punished with unbroken failure. 

18077305_1458974037486894_6201726672073950376_o.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Maybe it’s just my imagination, but this ongoing top/bottom divide seems to be a consistent feature of the lower leagues. Clubs scrapping it out in the top 4-5 with just a few points between them, then a whacking great points hole, then another 4-5 clubs in the lower half all engaged in their own wee fistfight. Strange. It’s to Morton’s great credit (and Dougie’s obviously) that the gap between top and bottom tiers isn’t the Grand Canyon it was a few months back.

Much as I hate Partick, the thought of Billy Dodds's mob losing out on the play-offs is a very pleasing on indeed.

Sat will be Thistles 6th game in 19 games, 3 of which were on that heavy cow field. It will be our 4th over the same period.

Let's hope they are absolutely fucked and we take advantage. Their goals seem to have dried up, only 3 in last 5 but its the same for us so not expecting a classic 

Just feckin win.

After our horror result on Saturday, QOS burning through their game in hand, taking nothing, is very much welcomed.

Not nice to see Partick surging closer to top of the league though (hopefully we can dent that again this coming Saturday).

The Little People 0-3 down within twenty minutes in their 'big derby' with Kilmarnock*.

Now Fjortoft subbed on and sent off within ten minutes - you hate to see it happen. 

* Until Auchinleck supplant 'Ayr' as League One stalwarts. 

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

McGinty is also hopeless but at least he gives you a solid ninety minutes of trudging hopelessness.

Not in the crucial Arbroath game at the end of the last league campaign he didn't. 

Archived