Championship 20/21 - Page 28 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr United manager David Hopkin:Ā "Once you cross the white line you have to put your foot in, header things and defend. We didn't do any of those. I don't know if they know the consequences of it if this continues..."

Ā 

Long may it continue.

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Dunfermline score again and win 3-1.

Alloa officially relegated, confirming our next 2 games as dead rubbers for the opposition.

If Arbroath win and The Little People do not next week then the last game of the season will be a dead rubber for them as well.Ā 

default.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

Ā 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

Hearts hold a few grudges though due to the vote that relegated them. Are Morton part of this?

A fact that hasn't stopped them being stinking most of the season when games have actually still mattered.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, RealTonKid said:

If Ayr finish 9th and Falkirk fail to gain promotion, I may spontaneously combust.

Might get your wish - Falkirk drop to 3rdĀ 2nd after losing at Peterhead.

Pity that Partick have gone top, though.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 minute ago, RealTonKid said:

Canā€™t win them all :lol:Ā 

Think it's actually 2ndĀ - someone hadn't updated the table IĀ looked at.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

28 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Think it's actually 2ndĀ - someone hadn't updated the table IĀ looked at.

Second - but by a single goal's difference:

image.png

It's by goal difference, then goals scored, then head-to-head.

Cove have a better H2H record than both Falkirk and Thistle heading into the split.

Partick and Falkirk have drawn with each other twice, scoreless at Grangemouth and 2-2 at Firhill. I'm not sure if away goals count for head to head goal difference but I don't think they do. Either way, Thistle's goal difference is so superior with four goals to go that it's unlikely to be a factor between these two.

The season enters the split phase now. Each team 1-5 plays each other once, same for the lower half. Not sure how those fixtures are drawn but with Thistle going top, maybe they get a more advantageous set of home games? No idea.

It's all aligning nicely for Falkirk dropping into third and getting papped out by on-form Airdrie in the first go.

EOho8Pw.png

Iā€™d rather Partick stayed down there forever obviously, but them winning it after this Falkirk collapse is probably the funniest option available (outside Cove leaping over both - which I think they blew their chance of last night)Ā 

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Iā€™d rather Partick stayed down there forever obviously, but them winning it after this Falkirk collapse is probably the funniest option available (outside Cove leaping over both - which I think they blew their chance of last night)Ā 

Yeah, very much disappointed with Cove not following up their big win on Saturday.

Partick the lesser of 2 evils if we can't have both staying down.

Falkirk though.Ā šŸ¤£

29 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Yeah, very much disappointed with Cove not following up their big win on Saturday.

Partick the lesser of 2 evils if we can't have both staying down.

Falkirk though.Ā šŸ¤£

Cove were at least playing against another team in the top 5.

Falkirkā€™s formĀ of late has very much dipped, which is a realĀ shame.

Archived