Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates


Recommended Posts

As he said, it's not going to be a light switch moment and everything will suddenly be ok.

What needs to be remembered by the fan base is that it's not ALL about the team on the park. To be in a position to keep a team on the park, they also have to make sure that the lights are on, the heating is working, that there are stewards at the games, catering is provided etc etc.

All of that costs money.

It's my understanding that that the emergency lighting is currently being upgraded which is costing a five figure sum and that the four boilers also need replacing, another pricey venture I'd suggest. These are all things that are not immediately visible to the fans walking through the turnstiles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kafka's head would be spinning at this. You're arguing that these proposals are designed to 'shield the stadium from creditors' when they consist of either the stadium being used as security for

Well this statement is not ageing particularly well, given that in spite of receiving a £500k taxpayer's grant for literally fuck-all, the current custodians of GMFC have in the following six weeks:

Before getting into the lengthy wrongs and wrongs of this on GC's part, on a simple matter of fact, why are they talking about £2M being the figure of debt? As I understood it the debt was £2.5M when

Posted Images

To add to the above, when the Rae's took over there were a big number of fans volunteering to help out around the stadium. (Including a well known local amateur referee, who went sick from his job to paint the dressing rooms, only to appear in the background with paint roller in hand, in full technicolour, on the STV news sports  roundup🤣).

While grateful for the help, Dougie Rae very quickly put a stop to that on the basis that those helping were willing fans with the best of intentions, but we're not tradesmen. He found that it was a false economy in that jobs were not being done properly and therefore had to be redone and, for example, more materials had to be bought and tradesmen paid to do the job right, therefore it was costing more.

Maybe MCT should consider this before letting well meaning fans loose with paint brushes etc.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty obvious that Crawford invested zero in repairs and maintenance in the last year, or maybe even longer. You only need to look at the rusty state of the crush barriers that are exposed to the elements, and I also noticed at the Airdrie game that the perimeter wall around the pitch is starting to crumble at the Sinclair Street end. While that undoubtedly made sense from his point of view as there were no spectators and he was selling up anyway, it also means there's a huge backlog of repairs and maintenance that now needs to be addressed by MCT. That's another reason for giving them some slack for the first few months, as with this and all the other stuff they have to take care of they're going to have a hell of a lot of work on their plate when they take over.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

 

While grateful for the help, Dougie Rae very quickly put a stop to that on the basis that those helping were willing fans with the best of intentions, but we're not tradesmen. He found that it was a false economy in that jobs were not being done properly and therefore had to be redone and, for example, more materials had to be bought and tradesmen paid to do the job right, therefore it was costing more.

Maybe MCT should consider this before letting well meaning fans loose with paint brushes etc.

 

Douglas Rae, expert on sporting economics there, just before frittering away £2.5 million on a club that he couldn't even get in the top flight.

And then they reverted back to asking volunteers to run a damp cloth around the main stand for the first time in fifteen years in what, 2016 was it?

 

  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing things on the cheap is maybe understandable but can often be a false economy. Neglecting essential repairs and maintenance was a decision though made by the 'previous' owners and one the fans will now have to pay for. As and when MCT finally take over it will be interesting to see what they find when they have unhindered access.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HamCam said:

Doing things on the cheap is maybe understandable but can often be a false economy. Neglecting essential repairs and maintenance was a decision though made by the 'previous' owners and one the fans will now have to pay for. As and when MCT finally take over it will be interesting to see what they find when they have unhindered access.

We've got new hospitality, catering, changing rooms, dugouts, ticket office, etc over the last few years. 

Cappielow isn't perfect but it's not exactly been neglected. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, irnbru said:

We've got new hospitality, catering, changing rooms, dugouts, ticket office, etc over the last few years. 

Cappielow isn't perfect but it's not exactly been neglected. 

It has in the last 12 months. absolutely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, irnbru said:

We've got new hospitality, catering, changing rooms, dugouts, ticket office, etc over the last few years. 

Cappielow isn't perfect but it's not exactly been neglected. 

Notice you never mentioned the white elephant turnstiles. As for emergency lighting and boilers are they not essential? 

Reactive rather than planned maintenance and investment has been the general order of play for years under the Raes. Most fans love Cappielow but most are not blinded to the lack of investment. As I said I wonder what MCT will find when they become the custodians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Toby said:

We don’t even have hot running water in the fucking bogs.

Screw the proles. As long as the suits are wined, dined and taken care of.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toby said:

We don’t even have hot running water in the fucking bogs.

Aye, that's true but I don't think it's a dump either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HamCam said:

Notice you never mentioned the white elephant turnstiles. As for emergency lighting and boilers are they not essential? 

Reactive rather than planned maintenance and investment has been the general order of play for years under the Raes. Most fans love Cappielow but most are not blinded to the lack of investment. As I said I wonder what MCT will find when they become the custodians.

I'm not saying it's perfect but the hospitality area, gym, etc could have just been patched up so wasn't so much reactive. 

I think to will be interesting though although would be good to know a bit more about who's running things and if they have some experienced tradesman leading projects, etc rather then just giving whoever shows up a brush and paint. In fact, it would be good to know who's running anything just now - it's all a bit faceless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that struck me was the room that two old codgers had to themselves for years making toast and watching channel four racing in the pretence that it was 'for the blind'.

Surely someone other than those two knew about that room, or knew about the door and had the presence of mind to question what was behind the door?

YOU'RE A TAXLOSS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 10:43 PM, irnbru said:

I'm not saying it's perfect but the hospitality area, gym, etc could have just been patched up so wasn't so much reactive. 

I think to will be interesting though although would be good to know a bit more about who's running things and if they have some experienced tradesman leading projects, etc rather then just giving whoever shows up a brush and paint. In fact, it would be good to know who's running anything just now - it's all a bit faceless. 

This is a bit fucking rich from a guy that was the chairman of a Supporters Trust that never bothered to communicate to any supporters for years.

  • Like 1

YOU'RE A TAXLOSS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 9:15 PM, Toby said:

We don’t even have hot running water in the fucking bogs.

To be fair, neither did just about any other football ground in Scotland in pre-covid times.

Also, it wasn't so long ago that it was just a Pie Hut that people would be pissing against whilst there would be young women inside serving food.  We've come a long way in the past decade or so.

YOU'RE A TAXLOSS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

MCT have confirmed that HMRC have now given the required response and the lawyers are sorting out the details.

They also said that 400 season tickets were sold in the first week, which I suppose is reasonable considering we await news of our required signings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'oh aye it's just a box-ticking exercise left' statement was given in the video interview last week: other than an update for ST sales, it reads as a carbon copy. 

I fail to see why this 'box-ticking exercise' and waiting on HMRC to indicate their approval weren't both accounted for in the timeline to begin with. Nobody forced them to give a June 1st date and the fact that they've gone over it by more than a fortnight is not a great start when it comes to getting projects done within realistic estimates. 

  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, capitanus said:

This is a bit fucking rich from a guy that was the chairman of a Supporters Trust that never bothered to communicate to any supporters for years.

The point is more that they are running the club now and no one knows who's in charge. People won't change their minds on the supporters trust so no point going over old ground but lessons should be learner from that I guess. 

Graham came across well in his interview but he's got a full time job and his role is marketing so it would be useful to know who's doing the day to day stuff and driving things forward. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...