Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kafka's head would be spinning at this. You're arguing that these proposals are designed to 'shield the stadium from creditors' when they consist of either the stadium being used as security for

Well this statement is not ageing particularly well, given that in spite of receiving a £500k taxpayer's grant for literally fuck-all, the current custodians of GMFC have in the following six weeks:

Before getting into the lengthy wrongs and wrongs of this on GC's part, on a simple matter of fact, why are they talking about £2M being the figure of debt? As I understood it the debt was £2.5M when

Posted Images

1 hour ago, macca937 said:

Wit the fuk is Gus doing 

We know what Gus is doing. We don't know what the club are doing though. No updates on season tickets, new kits, if there will be new sponsors etc. If they want to have the best start to signing players then they need to start bringing money in yesterday.

 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 


onsP5NR.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I thought I'd check what the sketch was with season tickets across the division:

image.png
 

At least we're not alone in having done nothing. But it's the same old story. No doubt the "uncertainty" of what division we were going to be in played into that but Kilmarnock also had playoffs to contend with and it didn't slow them down at all.

edit: Arbroath, incidentally, had their new Macron kits and training on sale the day that they were able to sell STs, in a nice example of joined-up thinking that absolutely nobody at Morton has demonstrated for over 20 years.

I don't doubt that MCT are trying, and that there are a lot of roadblocks we mortals are not privy to, but there's an awful lot of nothing emanating from Cappielow at a time when all but two other clubs already have their skates on. You could make a case for this stuff being less important than contracts anyway, except MCT's project is contingent on a break-even model and that model is itself contingent on revenue maximization. There's been nothing fan-facing at all from the club since they asked for feedback a couple of days after the Airdrie game. What are they doing? The answer is obviously not "nothing" but that's what's visible.

If we're going to insist on giving a wage to guys like Blues and Muirhead then not spunking the club's cash reserves would be a good start, maybe start generating "income" instead, lads? Like, sell us a ticket or a new strip or something?

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 2

The car park was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I thought I'd check what the sketch was with season tickets across the division:

image.png
 

At least we're not alone in having done nothing. But it's the same old story. No doubt the "uncertainty" of what division we were going to be in played into that but Kilmarnock also had playoffs to contend with and it didn't slow them down at all.

edit: Arbroath, incidentally, had their new Macron kits and training on sale the day that they were able to sell STs, in a nice example of joined-up thinking that absolutely nobody at Morton has demonstrated for over 20 years.

I don't doubt that MCT are trying, and that there are a lot of roadblocks we mortals are not privy to, but there's an awful lot of nothing emanating from Cappielow at a time when all but two other clubs already have their skates on. You could make a case for this stuff being less important than contracts anyway, except MCT's project is contingent on a break-even model and that model is itself contingent on revenue maximization. There's been nothing fan-facing at all from the club since they asked for feedback a couple of days after the Airdrie game. What are they doing? The answer is obviously not "nothing" but that's what's visible.

If we're going to insist on giving a wage to guys like Blues and Muirhead then not spunking the club's cash reserves would be a good start, maybe start generating "income" instead, lads? Like, sell us a ticket or a new strip or something?

They have replied to people who have  asked on Twitter about season tickets and strips. They say season ticket info will be out later this week, strips reveal later this month.

No public updates though. Nor have they said anything about the takeover in the past week, seeing as it's now a week past the advertised date 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another long-running Morton tradition - having to make an appointment and ask someone for information they should be volunteering.

  • Upvote 2

The car park was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

They have replied to people who have  asked on Twitter about season tickets and strips. They say season ticket info will be out later this week, strips reveal later this month.

No public updates though. Nor have they said anything about the takeover in the past week, seeing as it's now a week past the advertised date 

 

There has been an update on that though, telling us it had been delayed and more info would be available when the legal/HMRC hoops had been jumped through...

 

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hayfever said:

There has been an update on that though, telling us it had been delayed and more info would be available when the legal/HMRC hoops had been jumped through...

Why did they announce a takeover date of June 1st if they were "at the mercies" of HMRC? Why give a definitive date at all? Why the radio silence since then? Why are they hiring the manager but seemingly not responsible for getting any other "info" out unless prodded?

Why is this completely indistinguishable from the past few years?

The car park was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GiGi said:

We know what Gus is doing. We don't know what the club are doing though. No updates on season tickets, new kits, if there will be new sponsors etc. If they want to have the best start to signing players then they need to start bringing money in yesterday.

good point 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hayfever said:

There has been an update on that though, telling us it had been delayed and more info would be available when the legal/HMRC hoops had been jumped through...

As I said, there has been no update in the past week.

Not sinve the pre-takeover date message you are referring to, which said it should be a few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's remarkable how HMRC have put the brakes on any sort of engagement with the fans or commercial activity, but hasn't stopped the club handing out new deals all round to haddy players/management. 

If you can't get a season ticket out then you shouldn't be giving a two year deal to a caretaker manager. If that means it takes a couple of weeks longer to put a squad together then that's just tough. 

  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png

Updated. Credit where it's due - they've put together an attractive season ticket package which is great for the general public as well as MCT members.

The car park was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

image.png

Updated. Credit where it's due - they've put together an attractive season ticket package which is great for the general public as well as MCT members.

How does our pricing compare to the rest of the league

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno, that sounds too much like hard work for me to check.

The car park was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems slightly on the high side for the division as a whole but not daylight robbery. It's still under six quid a game.

The car park was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dmcewan16 said:

Think the cost of a child season ticket is a bit much at £100, should be around half that price

Works out at a fiver a game, can't get fairer than that imo.

If only it was a fiver when I was 16/17.

  • Downvote 1
All in with a Doyle Brunson
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Why did they announce a takeover date of June 1st if they were "at the mercies" of HMRC? Why give a definitive date at all? Why the radio silence since then? Why are they hiring the manager but seemingly not responsible for getting any other "info" out unless prodded?

Why is this completely indistinguishable from the past few years?

...because they haven't done this before and hadn't anticipated these delays? Maybe they only want to provide updates when they have something concrete to update us with?  Maybe it's only the 9th of June and they should be given a chance to put right the wrongs of the past 20 years? Maybe I don't know because they've stopped replying to my emails?

 

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...