Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together

TheGoon

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are valid demands and then there’s shrieking for the right to pick the manager, which isn’t actually one of them.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Swing and a miss. The post I quoted stated that I don't expect the manager to be sacked, but that handing over money without a clear vision shouldn't happen.

We have a board that dictates who plays, we shouldn't give invest unconditionally.

AWMSC

Plenty of boards dictate who *doesn’t* play when there’s a significant amount of money on the line; that’s just common sense for a pointless end of season kickabout.

Of the many, many issues that need resolving at GMFC your manager/player choice tantrums don’t break into the top 50.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Plenty of boards dictate who *doesn’t* play when there’s a significant amount of money on the line; that’s just common sense for a pointless end of season kickabout.

Of the many, many issues that need resolving at GMFC your manager/player choice tantrums don’t break into the top 50.

When it was rumoured Dougie was picking the team, everybody complained. We have proof Crawford is enforcing selections to cover his own three year lies and poor contract selections: it absolutely is an issue.

AWMSC

When it was rumoured Dougie was picking the team, everybody complained. We have proof Crawford is enforcing selections to cover his own three year lies and poor contract selections: it absolutely is an issue.

This kind of thing happens all the time. The manager was obviously getting sacked and they didn't want a player for next year the new manager might not want.

Its entirely different from picking the team. It's potentially having waste a wage on the books.

Personally I'd love to keep Telfer but it's neither mine, Crawfords or JJs decision to make.

Erm no, nobody’s selecting anyone. The management has simply been instructed *not* to play a player for a nothing game when it would it force us to commit to a deal for next season. That’s par for the course and not actually the Vladimir Romanov-esque tyranny you’re shrieking about tbh.

You can say, rightly, that the board should never have included such clauses if they weren't 100% sure they could follow through on them. But that would unfortunately involve a time machine. Certainly they've left themselves open for criticism, but being unable to play a guy in a dead rubber is hardly a mortal sin, is it?

EOho8Pw.png

Erm no, nobody’s selecting anyone. The management has simply been instructed *not* to play a player for a nothing game when it would it force us to commit to a deal for next season. That’s par for the course and not actually the Vladimir Romanov-esque tyranny you’re shrieking about tbh.

It’s that simple VT of course.Charlie Telfer is only the poster boy for interference that has been long standing & beyond any professionals tolerance.Hence 3 managers in circa 12 months.Wake Up FFS.We can argue separately the pros and cons of JJ as a manager but don’t whitewash that this club is in the vice of some seriously bad karma & perhaps today you saw 2 highly regarded professionals protesting so.Not looking to score points here ,by the way ,but struggle when considering renewing season book with this backdrop.

It’s that simple VT of course.Charlie Telfer is only the poster boy for interference that has been long standing & beyond any professionals tolerance.Hence 3 managers in circa 12 months.Wake Up FFS.We can argue separately the pros and cons of JJ as a manager but don’t whitewash that this club is in the vice of some seriously bad karma & perhaps today you saw 2 highly regarded professionals protesting so.Not looking to score points here ,by the way ,but struggle when considering renewing season book with this backdrop.

While I'm hardly one to defend the BoD, two of those three managers were told to leave, and for the other we got a decent fee. In an ideal world McKinnon wouldn't have been looking for the first chance to jump ship, that is true, but at no time during the tribunal hearing did he bring up interference. The idea that we're untouchable because the board is picking the team just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

EOho8Pw.png

I’m sure the applications are flooding in.

Me too. Every manager job in the SPFL gets dozens of qualified applicants. Whether or not they're the calibre we'd expect is another matter.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived