Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 50 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

I think people just find your constant white knighting for Rae and his board nauseating considering how critical the situation is. Clearly the rumour of the debt being wiped was a load of pish too.

I mean, I’ve not white knighted him. Just described what has changed. The issue is critical - I agree - and so understanding it rather than making up bullshit about frauds and scams is important.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see fan ownership being the answer here.

So the answer is the Eadales but rumour has it that might not be happening either. I'd like to think they are holding out for the best possible deal from Crawford, knowing how desperate is he and will be to get out because of the change of circumstances and a deal will happen eventually.

If they don't buy us, who else is there?

Presumably there will be no paying off of JJ either as we prob can't afford it so stuck with him to keep us in this league this season and next!

Worrying times.

"Hey guys, we're slashing budgets, no doubt leading to a worse calibre of player being attracted, we've no ambition of doing anythjng in terms of promotion and we need to run on a break even basis...please, buy season tickets and help us achieve these aims"......

Jesus wept.

Precisely. Naive and outright stupid.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I mean, I’ve not white knighted him. Just described what has changed. The issue is critical - I agree - and so understanding it rather than making up bulls*** about frauds and scams is important.

So do you think selling season tickets on the basis of a three year plan that  unbeknownst to fans relied solely on a critically ill pensioner living another three years is acceptable practice? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I think it has been becoming increasingly clear that something like this has been happening. Not paying for the WDE to be properly policed on Friday was yet another sign that we have cut right back. I've been trying to hope that there have been other reasons for what has been going on, but I think that's denying the evidence which has clearly been there. 

I said a while back that I'm more worried about what is going on behind the scenes than I am about JJ (which isn't saying that I'm fine with JJ). 

I can completely believe what cmdc is saying about this. There were plenty of signs in the summer that we would be making a go of this, or at least investing in the club to make it easier to sell. And there are signs that from as early as August that the plan changed. We signed players like Millar, McAlister, Denny, and Telfer, who wouldn't have come cheap. We signed a new catering agreement. We cut the price of season tickets. We apparently spent plenty of money to attract McKinnon here. It's clear that something changed after that point - there are cheaper ways to scam fans!

Can't see fan ownership being the answer here.

So the answer is the Eadales but rumour has it that might not be happening either. I'd like to think they are holding out for the best possible deal from Crawford, knowing how desperate is he and will be to get out because of the change of circumstances and a deal will happen eventually.

If they don't buy us, who else is there?

Presumably there will be no paying off of JJ either as we prob can't afford it so stuck with him to keep us in this league this season and next!

Worrying times.

Isn't supporting Morton just a box of fucking cherries at times?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

So do you think selling season tickets on the basis of a three year plan that  unbeknownst to fans relied solely on a critically ill pensioner living another three years is acceptable practice?

He and his ilk think we all zip up the back.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

So do you think selling season tickets on the basis of a three year plan that unbeknownst to fans relied solely on a critically ill pensioner living another three years is acceptable practice?

I don’t think that’s what happened.

Theres absolutely no chance that the current backroom staff are capable of keeping us in the Championship on a break-even budget. We've had year on year losses throughout the Rae's tenure and barely achieved Championship stability never mind success.

As for the 3-year plan, Crawford knew this situation with the change in shareholders was coming. The fact that it's only happened officially within the last few months doesn't let him off the hook. He sold a 3-year plan and promotion to the fans knowing full well he wasn't going to be able to deliver. I didn't buy it at the time but that doesn't mean it wasn't a ridiculous pitch to make or complete mismanagement to not have a transition plan in place.

Is the fan ownership topic which he brought up basically confirming that the Easdale deal is no longer happening?

Surely if that deal was imminent, he wouldn't even have mentioned fan ownership as being a possibility.

Archived