General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 11 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

Going back to "Espanyolification", only not in the same city: Basel won the Swiss League nine seasons out of ten from 2007/08 onwards. Then in 2017/18, Young Boys won it at acanter. Now, after six games of the current campaign, Young Boys have 6 wins out of 6 and Basel are in third on exactly half their points, with even St. Gallen ahead on 10. So it's fair to say that YB are massive favorites for a second consecutive title, with Guillaume Hoarau (ex-PSG) leading the line. They've invested a bit to get there but they were also helped by a poor managerial appointment at Basel. So, after a decade of domination, CL money, and the highest attendances in the league (and thus the most gate money, and probably the most sponsorship money too) they have very little to show for it at time of writing.

Could YB, who bode their time, form a dynasty of their own?

YB have a group of death coming up in the CL, with Juve, Valencia, and Man Utd. Wonder if they can get a result at Old Trafford? It's not like it's that hard these days.

As for FCB, they fell out of the Europa League to Apollon Limassol in the playoffs, and thus miss out on glamour ties against OM, Eintract Frankfurt, and Lazio. Sad!

Going back to "Espanyolification", only not in the same city: Basel won the Swiss League nine seasons out of ten from 2007/08 onwards. Then in 2017/18, Young Boys won it at acanter. Now, after six games of the current campaign, Young Boys have 6 wins out of 6 and Basel are in third on exactly half their points, with even St. Gallen ahead on 10. So it's fair to say that YB are massive favorites for a second consecutive title, with Guillaume Hoarau (ex-PSG) leading the line. They've invested a bit to get there but they were also helped by a poor managerial appointment at Basel. So, after a decade of domination, CL money, and the highest attendances in the league (and thus the most gate money, and probably the most sponsorship money too) they have very little to show for it at time of writing.

Could YB, who bode their time, form a dynasty of their own?

YB have a group of death coming up in the CL, with Juve, Valencia, and Man Utd. Wonder if they can get a result at Old Trafford? It's not like it's that hard these days.

As for FCB, they fell out of the Europa League to Apollon Limassol in the playoffs, and thus miss out on glamour ties against OM, Eintract Frankfurt, and Lazio. Sad!

Young Boys humped Basel this weekend 7 (seven) goals to one.

EOho8Pw.png

The old ‘Ross County away’ hot ball/cold ball trick being used there to produce clearly the most box office pair of semi finals and the best chance of a bigotfest final.

I’d rate it more likely than not that one of Aberdeen or Hearts reach the final though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Wonder if McKinnon will be slithering around Dundee saying second time lucky?

No. However I'm surprised that some Lochee taxi driver with his 'ah ken wee Jum' patter hasn't been linked with the role as they're rapidly running out of options.

*insert signature here*

https://twitter.com/derWinterbach/status/1046478115734720513 

Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape, and seemingly with some substance. With a lot of these stories it ultimately boils down to one person's word against another's and it becomes a bit of a kangaroo court without there ever being any kind of evidence or investigation which makes it easy to have your doubts, but with this one it does look like there's some kind of substance to it. 

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, but at best it makes him look like a total arsehole.

AWMSC

Whats happening with all the strange kick-off times in the Champions League. I thought it was always to be 7.45pm on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. No exceptions.

Call me a traditionalist, but I'm not happy with it nowadays. No Rangers to laugh at, strange kick-off times, no Fergie, no Jim Delahunt, Hoffenheim, strange sponsors (Spiderman!?!). Bring back the good old days. This sucks.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

Whats happening with all the strange kick-off times in the Champions League. I thought it was always to be 7.45pm on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. No exceptions.

Changed it for this season. Increasing TV audiences unsurprisingly being the motivation.