General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 12 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

Celtic getting pumped at the moment by a bunch of cheapskate no-mark Cellar Dwellers. Shame for them. :lol:

Let's see if Scotland's other deviants can fare any better against another bunch of cheapskate no-mark Cellar Dwellers.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

Tonight's results make me wonder if there is a changing of the guard as Scotland's 'Point and Laugh' flag bearers in European competitions.

Granted the games were of little importance against the plankton of European football in a tournament of nil stature, but nontheless it is a seismic event in the world of Scottish football, which has all of Europe's attention bar none.

*insert signature here*

Comments indicate that the few Rapid fans posting there think they were mince and the match report was too generous:

https://www.krone.at/1783158

vor 2 Stunden

Ich weiß nicht, hat der Privat-Links-Funk (Puls 4) den Auftrag, die teure "SPÖ-Filiale" schön zu reden? Vor allem in der 2. Hälfte war das ja überhaupt nix. Fehlpassorgien, Mittelfeld und Sturm kann keinen einzigen Ball halten, von sinnvoll verteilen red ich gar nix - Und hinten das reinste "Schwimmkonzert" - nicht umsonst haben dann individuelle Fehler die beiden Tore eingeleitet. Von "der guten Leistung", die der Moderator sah, für mich keine Spur.

EOho8Pw.png

Rodgers is a diddy. Awright when things go well, rubbish when it doesn't, been totally found out.

In other news, Gazza had been inducted to the SFA Hall of Fame. Can't agree with that or even understand it, wasn't there long enough for a start plus the fact that he's a total waster. All the stories about having a half time bevvy and the like don't make you a "character", they make you a dick.

Plenty of players far more deserving. Would rather see somebody who's had a really good career in the lower leagues get a shout than the likes of Gazza if it came to it. As much as he's a dick, guys like Iain Russell have had excellent careers and made the best of what they have, far more worthy of the acknowledgment than somebody who only played about 70 games.

AWMSC

Leaving his personality completely aside, I agree that he didn't spend enough time in Scottish football to merit such a place. Weird appointment.

Brian Laudrup on the other hand merited his place, he spent longer in Scotland and exemplified what was, to be fair, an excellent Rangers side. Same with Larsson for Celtic.

EOho8Pw.png

Real Sociedad won the Basque 'derby' at the San Mamés this evening courtesy of two penalties - the first of which was decided by VAR after play had continued for quite some time. Despite this prime opportunity for a shame game to arise, the Sociedad fans who intermixed with the Bilbao home fans in the stadium were left completely unhounded in what can only be described as a nauseating love-in.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I've been to several matches in Spain and never seen segregation enforced, even when there is a decent away crowd. (One of these games involved Real Sociedad, in fact, away from home.) They have their own section of the ground but they're also dotted among the home supporters. The same is true in Mexico. It's a bit crap, really.

EOho8Pw.png

Rodgers is a diddy. Awright when things go well, rubbish when it doesn't, been totally found out.

In other news, Gazza had been inducted to the SFA Hall of Fame. Can't agree with that or even understand it, wasn't there long enough for a start plus the fact that he's a total waster. All the stories about having a half time bevvy and the like don't make you a "character", they make you a dick.

Plenty of players far more deserving. Would rather see somebody who's had a really good career in the lower leagues get a shout than the likes of Gazza if it came to it. As much as he's a dick, guys like Iain Russell have had excellent careers and made the best of what they have, far more worthy of the acknowledgment than somebody who only played about 70 games.

I think that the whole Scottish Football "Hall of Fame" thing is Scrambling for relevance now, and is more about selling seats at these corporate tables than it is awarding and recognition someone of who has made a contribution to the game in Scotland. Gazza will surely be a big draw for those who attend such events, who tend to be 'Ludge' members and 'Boays across thu watter' types, who aren't far removed from the same kind of twats who attend Morton's bronze hospitality and swallow the 'Muck Hoist' rumours hook, line and sinker.

Looking at the list of previous inductees, there is no Andy Roxburgh, James McFadden, Andrew Watson, Charles William Miller, Alexander Watson Hutton, Darren Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Arthur McPherson - all Scots who played important roles in either Scottish or World Football - and all more deserving of the accolade than Paul Gascoigne.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

What 'important role' has James McFadden played?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What 'important role' has James McFadden played?

McFadden was possibly the most prolific goalscorer of his generation at International level, with 15 goals from 48 caps, and also scored important winning goals for Scotland against Netherlands in the Euro2004 play-offs and in the Euro2008 qualifying group against France, which although we never qualified for either tournament in the end, gave us a very good chance at the time.

If Craig Levien never had a vendetta against him, he would have got his two extra caps and would have been in the "Hall of Fame" by default.

*insert signature here*

McFadden was possibly the most prolific goalscorer of his generation at International level, with 15 goals from 48 caps, and also scored important winning goals for Scotland against Netherlands in the Euro2004 play-offs and in the Euro2008 qualifying group against France, which although we never qualified for either tournament in the end, gave us a very good chance at the time.

If Craig Levien never had a vendetta against him, he would have got his two extra caps and would have been in the "Hall of Fame" by default.

Don’t give him his bite.

A generation of international footballers who failed to qualify for a single international tournament - a feat that even absolute dross like Hungary, Albania, the Failed Statelet and Latvia have achieved in the same period. And his club career, while decent enough, also contained no significant achievements whatsoever.

For a Scottish football Hall of Fame that is barely a step up from inducting the kit man.

Edited by vikingTON

A generation of international footballers who failed to qualify for a single international tournament - a feat that even absolute dross like Hungary, Albania, the Failed Statelet and Latvia have achieved in the same period. And his club career, while decent enough, also contained no significant achievements whatsoever.

For a Scooter football Hall of Fame barely a step up from inducting the kit man.

A generation of international players who won the Kirin Cup. Scotland's only international trophy to date. :rolleyes:

I would also reckon Don Hutchinson would be a more worthwhile addition to a Scottish Football Hall of Fame as he scored winning goals for Scotland against Germany and against England in the last ever international game at the old Wembley.

However, Your beloved Brian Wake would never get into any Hall of Fame of note, as he spent his entire career playing with gubbins outfits achieving nothing of note, and not earning a single international cap for even a gubbins country. :1eye: Gutted for you, buckled mess etc. Thanks for playing Champ. :lol:

*insert signature here*

Oooft, an utterly wild, flailing attempt at deflection and whataboutery there - you hate to see it happen.

Last time I checked, nobody had suggested that Wake would enter a national Hall of Fame - his greatness being above the gubbins nonsense level known as ‘international football’ for a start - whereas you nominated McFadden. Who achieved precisely nothing of significance to merit entry in Scottish football’s Hall of Fame. In fact, they should bar entry to pretty much any puffing Scotland international over the past twenty years to reflect their consistent, gubbins failure.