Morton V Rangers (rip) - Ticket Info. - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Rangers (rip) - Ticket Info.

TONofmemories

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So season ticket holders can't turn up on the day with their season ticket and expect to get in!?!

That's a shambles, by buying a season ticket you've already got your ticket... What they're describing should be the process for away ticket allocations, not a home match. This better be looked at again!

Exactly. It's a total hassle for folk that don't live in Inverclyde, of which I am one. Ridiculous idea.

Season Ticket holders can pick them up from the van outside Cappielow before Saturday's game against Dumbarton, which, in buying a season ticket, 99% of them are more than likely to be at anyway- with their Season Tickets.

To be fair, while £1.73 is a tiny amount, this will (presumably) happen again with the next tribute act fixture. Really it should have been included in the season ticket cost.

No, a season ticket is an already paid for ticket, it's unacceptable that you need to do anything further than remember to turn up with your season ticket (intact) to ensure your admission, or your allocated seat.

Season Ticket holders can pick them up from the van outside Cappielow before Saturday's game against Dumbarton, which, in buying a season ticket, 99% of them are more than likely to be at anyway- with their Season Tickets.

It says they're available there for cash sales only. Doesn't that mean if you intend to purchase the extra tickets allowed on your season book?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

It says they're available there for cash sales only. Doesn't that mean if you intend to purchase the extra tickets allowed on your season book?

Yes, but it says that the General Sale starts next Monday- after the Dumbarton game. Therefore, if you want to buy any additional tickets on Saturday, you'll have to have your Season Ticket voucher, so will get the one you're entitled to. The "cash sales" point is only in relation to the method of payment, i.e. cash or card.

M4RKO's moaning strikes me as someone looking for something to greet about for the sake of it. We're a small club that doesn't often get involved in high profile matches, so our standard season ticket arrangements aren't suitable for this game. The club are taking extra precautions in order to ensure season ticket holders are catered for first and foremost, whilst also allowing them priority to buy for their mates. There isn't normally a need for many season ticket holders to have reserved seating in most cases, so accepting that extra provisions have to be made isn't too much. I'm happy to take a few minutes out of my day on Saturday so the club can make everything pass as smoothly as possible.

Yes, but it says that the General Sale starts next Monday- after the Dumbarton game. Therefore, if you want to buy any additional tickets on Saturday, you'll have to have your Season Ticket voucher, so will get the one you're entitled to. The "cash sales" point is only in relation to the method of payment, i.e. cash or card.

M4RKO's moaning strikes me as someone looking for something to greet about for the sake of it. We're a small club that doesn't often get involved in high profile matches, so our standard season ticket arrangements aren't suitable for this game. The club are taking extra precautions in order to ensure season ticket holders are catered for first and foremost, whilst also allowing them priority to buy for their mates. There isn't normally a need for many season ticket holders to have reserved seating in most cases, so accepting that extra provisions have to be made isn't too much. I'm happy to take a few minutes out of my day on Saturday so the club can make everything pass as smoothly as possible.

Why do you think our standard season ticket arrangements aren't suitable?

I think the combination of parts of the ground being closed for the cameras, plus the chance of Sevconians infiltrating the home end, mean that a bit of extra wrangling is required.

EOho8Pw.png

Because the club isn't very experienced in hosting high profile all ticket matches which also have to accommodate pre-purchased season tickets. In my time going the only all ticket games I recall at Cappielow were cup ties against Celtic in 1999 and 2010, neither game admitting season ticket holders free of charge.

Certainly that could be considered a failing on the club's part, but to describe it as a "shambles" and a "ridiculous idea" to use your words is harsh. The club are asking season ticket holders to be slightly inconvenienced in order to make what for them is a massive operation.

I'm also an out of town fan like yourself and really don't feel messed about considering we've got a home game to collect the ticket at. You're really not being too put out at all.

I'm out the country this coming Thursday until the day before the game. Not read all the thread but does this mean I'm not guaranteed entry unless I get a voucher?

Unless you swap the voucher for a match ticket. 

If you're unable to collect in person, you can arrange to have it posted for a charge. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I understand and agree with that, but, if, like me, you don't want or need any extra tickets over and above your season ticket, why can't you just turn up on the day and go straight in through a dedicated season ticket gate?

I suppose that, with the reduced capacity and the expectation of a large crowd, the need for an additional ticket ensures that a space doesn't go spare where a ST holder doesn't show up.

Wait, there were people who didn't think this game would be all ticket and didn't think they would have to collect an actual ticket? I'm more shocked by that than any supposed inconvenience.

Totally expected to have to collect a ticket. My only worry was that Morton would be Morton and would not have them available at Cappielow during a home match. As an out of towner, that would be an inconvenience.

As it stands, more than happy to dedicate an extra minute on my way to the pumping of Dumbarton.

each part of the ground has a fixed capacity, take off whatever you need to accommodate the TV gantries, then take off the number of season tickets (for terrace and main stand). Whatever number you have left, print and sell that many tickets. We've got pre-war turnstiles, it can't be any more sophisticated than that.

Swapping one Morton branded piece of paper for another Morton branded piece of paper has no beneficial effect, unless the club expect a number of season ticket holders to not turn up and want the opportunity to effectively re-sell their ticket.

It's a pointless exercise.

each part of the ground has a fixed capacity, take off whatever you need to accommodate the TV gantries, then take off the number of season tickets (for terrace and main stand). Whatever number you have left, print and sell that many tickets. We've got pre-war turnstiles, it can't be any more sophisticated than that.

Swapping one Morton branded piece of paper for another Morton branded piece of paper has no beneficial effect, unless the club expect a number of season ticket holders to not turn up and want the opportunity to effectively re-sell their ticket.

It's a pointless exercise.

If they are anticipating a possible sell out then that might well be their thinking. Better that than the space goes to waste.

ETA: I guess that might also make accounting for income easier.

I'm out the country this coming Thursday until the day before the game. Not read all the thread but does this mean I'm not guaranteed entry unless I get a voucher?

Unless you swap the voucher for a match ticket. 

If you're unable to collect in person, you can arrange to have it posted for a charge. 

It's signed-for postage. Not sure how that works in the UK, if other people can sign for it, if you can pick it up at the post office etc.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived