Pre-season - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-season

Jamie_M

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we'll have names on the back? We only had squad numbers in the season we got relegated.

From the SPFL rules:

G26 Subject to Rule G26A, a Player's name must appear on the back of his shirt above the shirt number where the Player is Playing in a League Match or in a Play-Off Match for a Club in Division One or Two.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Technically that's right, but that's not the argument.

They're not called The Rangers or Sevco, they're called Rangers. Not the exact same one, but Rangers all the same.

They quite clearly are called both The Rangers and Sevco by a large section of Scottish opinion: if you're thick enough to follow the likes of Chick Young in braying revisionism of the old club's death then that's yet another misfortune for you to deal with.

Unlucky.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They quite clearly are called both The Rangers and Sevco by a large section of Scottish opinion: if you're thick enough to follow the likes of Chick Young in braying revisionism of the old club's death then that's yet another misfortune for you to deal with.

Unlucky.

At least you're not bothered about it Stevie bhoy.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Got to love your knowledge on " the Rangers" Viking the keyboard warrior . Can you let me know if any games are clashing at home next season . Exciting stuff ahead.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

That patter is as bad as the whole OF thing where if you mention one you support the other. Sad to see it being used by a Morton fan as an 'insult' to another one.

That patter is as bad as the whole OF thing where if you mention one you support the other. Sad to see it being used by a Morton fan as an 'insult' to another one.

Funny how we never hear you moaning about the abuse Bawheid gets.

On the bright side, at least it's a break from your usual Trust pish. 

Or you could check any reliable reference source under 'liquidated Scottish football clubs 2012' - now - and realise that Rangers are dead. You do seem to be curiously upset about it though.

Why would I be upset?

I understand liquidation, I've heard all the Sevco and The Rangers patter, and used it to wind up workmates.

But when all is said and done the fixture will read Greenock Morton v Rangers.

Champ!

Funny how we never hear you moaning about the abuse Bawheid gets.

I'm sure if anyone was boring enough (your mate Ernie perhaps?) and bothered looking back you've probably posted more about the trust, etc than anyone.

I didn't think we'd see a double act as embarassing as newton and ernie on here again but it's happened :thumbdown:

Queue gif of a toad...

Your stupidity bothers humanity.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm sure if anyone was boring enough (your mate Ernie perhaps?) and bothered looking back you've probably posted more about the trust, etc than anyone.

I didn't think we'd see a double act as embarassing as newton and ernie on here again but it's happened :thumbdown:

Queue gif of a toad...

Maybe if you posted more about the Trust yourself you'd have more members than committee.

Maybe if you posted more about the Trust yourself you'd have more members than committee.

This is what happens when you try and go freestyle Linwood. Please stick to the script Ernie gave you and try to avoid looking like a complete tool.

This is what happens when you try and go freestyle Linwood. Please stick to the script Ernie gave you and try to avoid looking like a complete tool.

Why what happened?

Interesting to see Bawheid whining about what bad names people call his preferred Tribute Act a few days after starting a thread about Airdrieonians and referring to them as Clydebank FC.

I haven't whined at all, it's up to individuals what they chooses to accept as facts. I respect that I haven't an issue about new co phish , at the end of the day it as a fellow member states it will be Morton v Rangers . Big crowds will turn out for both sides , all because of there history. People really need to get over that and move on , it's became boring zone stale . As for you comment about airdrie / Clydebank , totally different situation airdrie did buy Clydebank to keep there name alive , be it in a united form . I had a soft spot for Clydebank , a good community club again destroyed by a dangling carrot. Explain to me which team did the Rangers buy to keep there name in the Scottish set up.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

No issue about it: launches into an utterly cringeworthy rap lecture about the death of Glasgow Rangers and why it shouldn't matter.

Fooling no one then; other than an absolute chump like LinwoodTon of course. Once again a desperate white knighting charge at yours truly ends in a humiliating disaster for the plucky outsider: you hate to see it happen.*

Archived