Pre-season - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-season

Jamie_M

I'm still pretty sure it's Rangers, I'll check when the fixture list comes out.

Or you could check any reliable reference source under 'liquidated Scottish football clubs 2012' - now - and realise that Rangers are dead. You do seem to be curiously upset about it though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viking and largestoner beatin there sticks, whilst I do walking away...................superb, the futures bright the futures ORANGE, how appealing.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

tumblr_mpua0ytLom1rvro1zo1_500.gif

Viking and largestoner beatin there sticks, whilst I do walking away...................superb, the futures bright the futures ORANGE, how appealing.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Still - at least you're taking it well.

Rangers died and your fans did nothing.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

As much as the young vikings posting style pains us all to read, and he is as often wrong (or being an idiot) as he is right (or not being a dick), in this case he is right.

Rangers were liquidated. They died. They ceased to exist.

Sevco was formed. They pretend to be the same club. They're not. Sevco from July 2012. Sevco then. Sevco now. Sevco until they die.

As much as the young vikings posting style pains us all to read, and he is as often wrong (or being an idiot) as he is right (or not being a dick), in this case he is right.

Rangers were liquidated. They died. They ceased to exist.

Sevco was formed. They pretend to be the same club. They're not. Sevco from July 2012. Sevco then. Sevco now. Sevco until they die.

He's not though, they are not referred to as The Rangers, just as Celtic are not referred to as Glasgow Celtic or ourselves as Greenock Morton.

It's schoolboy patter.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

He's not though, they are not referred to as The Rangers, just as Celtic are not referred to as Glasgow Celtic or ourselves as Greenock Morton.

It's schoolboy patter.

...from so called Morton fans who appear obsessed with Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco or whatever other title the left hand side of the Glasgow jobby show chooses to call itself.

The best you can say about Rangers now is that they're the spiritual successor of the original club. The oldco was liquidated and that was the end of the original Rangers. I don't blame Rangers fans for saying it's a continuation because in spiritual terms it is - but in technical terms it's not.

EOho8Pw.png

The best you can say about Rangers now is that they're the spiritual successor of the original club. The oldco was liquidated and that was the end of the original Rangers. I don't blame Rangers fans for saying it's a continuation because in spiritual terms it is - but in technical terms it's not.

Technically that's right, but that's not the argument.

They're not called The Rangers or Sevco, they're called Rangers. Not the exact same one, but Rangers all the same.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

So far, our pre season schedule is as follows:

22 June - start of pre-season (I'm pretty sure I read that date, correct me if I'm wrong)

08 July - BSC Glasgow (A)

13 July - Celtic (H) Andy Bryan Testimonial

18 July - Rotherham United (H)

Definitely expect to see a couple of more games to be added, and the Renfrewshire Cup game, however that may be put back given that we're playing in the same league next season.

What obsessed person brought them up, must be a true blue biggot .

This is always the defence of the salty bluenoses when they've no other response to the diddy teams pointing and laughing - obsessed. Not all that surprising that they don't seem to understand the meaning of the word. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

This is always the defence of the salty bluenoses when they've no other response to the diddy teams pointing and laughing - obsessed. Not all that surprising that they don't seem to understand the meaning of the word. 

Atta boy - you get steamed right intae thae effin h*ns!  :bouncy:

Archived