Who Next? - Page 37 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

Whats wrong with 'open all mics' ? :mellow:

Paul Fenwick... some interesting names floating about. I honestly dont know who I want now , but I agree with whoever said Hoppy is in pole position. If the players are 'buzzing' about him and he can get the best players /formation on the park we really should be starting to win games, beginning with Alloa.

Edit to say... his case would be strengthened if he had the likes of Hands and maybe O'Brien available.

His case would be strengthened if he actually won a game under his management reign. That’s 3 now (including his one as caretaker) and he has lost them all. IMO I couldn’t care if the players were 'buzzing' or not and want him as manager, they wanted Grady after all. If they want him as boss then great, but they have to go burst their arse and start actually winning games.

Starting on Saturday hopefully!  It really hit home last week, having a beer in the Norseman aftter the game and realising that we are now 9 points behind 8th place.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His case would be strengthened if he actually won a game under his management reign. That’s 3 now (including his one as caretaker) and he has lost them all. IMO I couldn’t care if the players were 'buzzing' or not and want him as manager, they wanted Grady after all. If they want him as boss then great, but they have to go burst their arse and start actually winning games.

Starting on Saturday hopefully!  It really hit home last week, having a beer in the Norseman aftter the game and realising that we are now 9 points behind 8th place.

That's what I meant really... and if Hands /O'Brien were able to play then we might have a better chance of winning. With regard to the players 'buzzing' -I'm also saying the same as you - we should be seeing that effort on the park. I dont want the players to have a 'pal' in charge exactly, but he must be a 'man manager' obviously.

and again I'm agreeing with you by saying weneed to win at Alloa !

jeez, you're hard work :P

Show Racism the Red Card

Guest Andy Brady

Rowan Alexander has been interviewed and came across well. He showed passion and a desire to manage Morton. Will be back for Round 2.

Does anyone believe for a second that Andy Brady is speaking with any sort of inside knowledge?

I would be astonished if Rowan Alexander has been interviewed for the job.

I find it difficult to believe that Andy Brady isn't just a troll or a front for the stronger views of another poster on here.

In any case I find it difficult to believe that Alexander is a front runner for the job, or that many people know who those in contention might be. I could be wrong, of course, it's simply difficult to believe statements that have no evidence to back them up (especially when the appear far-fetched).

Greenock Telegraph ‏@greenocktele 6m

MORTON: Latest on the Morton manager race in today's Tele, as we reveal the names of three ex-Ton players who have applied for the job...

Maybe Alexander really is one of them! I would take a guess at one of them being Brian Reid too.

Reid, Rajamaki, Aitken, Alexander, Hopkin, Smith... The list of ex-Morton players who have applied could be quite long.

If only one of them was Paul Hartley :(

Greenock Telegraph ‏@greenocktele 6m

MORTON: Latest on the Morton manager race in today's Tele, as we reveal the names of three ex-Ton players who have applied for the job...

Maybe Alexander really is one of them! I would take a guess at one of them being Brian Reid too.

Reckon Barry Smith must be another definite too. Presumably they won't name people currently employed, Aitken and Hartley, but it doesn't really mean there was only 3 ex-Ton players applied. There could be more, but they only know of 3.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I find it difficult to believe that Andy Brady isn't just a troll or a front for the stronger views of another poster on here.

In any case I find it difficult to believe that Alexander is a front runner for the job, or that many people know who those in contention might be. I could be wrong, of course, it's simply difficult to believe statements that have no evidence to back them up (especially when the appear far-fetched).

Reid, Rajamaki, Aitken, Alexander, Hopkin, Smith... The list of ex-Morton players who have applied could be quite long.

If only one of them was Paul Hartley :(

Never really thought of this before but if Hopkin applies and doesn't get it where does that leave the development squad? Surely he'll have one eye on the door and be a bit unsettled if his application is rejected. He should either have been offered it full time or told was caretaker only.

Guest Andy Brady

Barry Smith, Brian Reid and Rowan Alexander have all applied.

Reid has wanted home for a long time as there was a lot of travel involved with his previous job.

Smith had a good relationship with Rae during his spell with us and Captained us before moving to Brechin City.

Alexander you all know the score!

Myself and Bluebirdton were unsuccessful as Douglas Rae did not appreciate our direct approach and the fact we asked for assurance that he would remain in the Sugar Shed and we would be in charge of playing side.

Maybe next time.

Guest Andy Brady

Never really thought of this before but if Hopkin applies and doesn't get it where does that leave the development squad? Surely he'll have one eye on the door and be a bit unsettled if his application is rejected. He should either have been offered it full time or told was caretaker only.

Just look what happened with Joe McLaughlin . . .

The three former players who have applied are....Janne Lindberg, Marko Rajamaki and Jani Uotinen!

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/morton/articles/2013/12/12/481877-three-former-finnish-favourites-apply-for-morton-managers-job

Marko and Janne as managerial team! Sure they would have a few Finns in mind that would do a job for us.

That would certainly get the fans buzzing..

It would certainly be interesting. Janne is currently managing in the Finnish 4th tier, which is most likely at semi-pro or amateur level, so I have no idea how he would do with the step up, but Marko seems to have done a good job at TPS, although they did just finish in 8th position in the season past, his worst finish in the 3 seasons he's been in charge.

Rowan Alexander has been interviewed and came across well. He showed passion and a desire to manage Morton. Will be back for Round 2.

No idea if this is true but would be very satisfied if super Ro was appointed, I was a huge fan of his.

He would be desperate to get the team back to the places where he played with them. Could do with some help on the football side though. As much as we remember him winning every header against Butcher and the likes, his forward roll after every goal and singing his name constantly, his first touch was nothing short of diabolical.

This could be the perfect spot for big Ritchie to help Rowan get the team playing some delightful and of course winning football while leaving the passion and man management to super Ro.

Archived