Ttg Moore! - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ttg Moore!

BluebirdTon

I don't think the squad is largely incapable. Gaston is and Caraux looks like being a good keeper, Taggart and Fitzpatrick are pretty capable, as is McLaughlin.

McLaughlin appears to get away with more than most despite being every bit as s***e.

TTG JIM!!!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McLaughlin appears to get away with more than most despite being every bit as s***e.

Haven't seen much this season yet, but McLaughlin was excellent last season bar a spell prior to his injury (which included the home defeat to Dumbarton).

In both matches at Firhill he was outstanding.

There's no point praising the midfield as they'll never actually get to all play together in their proper positions. When our options are playing our midfield in their best positions and having no threat up front, or shoehorning the midfield to fit into a 4 man midfield just to fit Archie Campbell on the pitch then it shows what dire straights we are in.

I feel sorry for the players. They've been hung out to dry by a manager who's done nothing but hinder their chances of success from the moment last season ended.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

There's no point praising the midfield as they'll never actually get to all play together in their proper positions. When our options are playing our midfield in their best positions and having no threat up front, or shoehorning the midfield to fit into a 4 man midfield just to fit Archie Campbell on the pitch then it shows what dire straights we are in.

I feel sorry for the players. They've been hung out to dry by a manager who's done nothing but hinder their chances of success from the moment last season ended.

I still think it's a bit early to be hitting the panic stations. The two best Morton sides I've seen - 95/96 and last season's - both lost dismally to Dumbarton. It's a good thing! I'd be more worried if we beat them...

We would have been challenging again this season if Moore was given the funds to hang onto Peaso, Hardie, Reid etc.

I'm not happy with Moore and wouldn't really care if he left but the buck ultimately stops at Rae.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

We would have been challenging again this season if Moore was given the funds to hang onto Peaso, Hardie, Reid etc.

I'm not happy with Moore and wouldn't really care if he left but the buck ultimately stops at Rae.

But if the money isn't there, it isn't there. We couldn't expect to hold the budget with low crowds, and little in the way of sponsorship or broadcasting income. It would just be pouring more money down the massive black hole that is running a full time Div 1 football club.

I still think it's a bit early to be hitting the panic stations. The two best Morton sides I've seen - 95/96 and last season's - both lost dismally to Dumbarton. It's a good thing! I'd be more worried if we beat them...

We're three league games into the season with a squad where the only strength in depth in terms of numbers we have is in central defence. In that central defence Moore has publicly criticised one on a few occasions now, took one off because he doesn't speak English and another one who has been nowhere near the first team until Moore realised two of them only spoke Slovakian. We're now going into a 4th year with a team that can't defend for their lives and no lessons have been learned.

Couple that with the fact we've already started playing players out of position to fit them into the team, in two different formations already and it's clear to see Moore has absolutely no idea what he wants from the team and obviously neither do the players. Moore trying to be a tactical genius like he's playing a game of FIFA possibly cost us the title last season changing formations and playing our best players in completely foreign positions to them.

Then you add in the criminal lack of quality up front that Moore has allowed to happen. Signing Cham on a two year deal after seeing him for 45 minutes, giving Archie Campbell a new contract despite wanting to play with one up front this season, meaning he has to change his preferred formation everytime he wants to shoehorn him in to get us a goa, using Tony Wallace as a striker purely because thats the position we had the least numbers in and having found no other formation where he looks like he belongs. We've gone into a season where Moore wanted to play 4-5-1 with our four best players in Hands, Fred, McKee and Imrie all playing in their best positions, yet he's completely forgot to sign a striker who could play up front on his own, and even if Cham miraculously turns into a superstar all of a sudden, we'd still only have one of four strikers who could play in Moore's preferred formation.

A lot of fans including myself let Moore's faults slide last year despite what it may have cost us because we just enjoyed having a good season for once, but he's clearly shown not to have learned any lessons from those mistakes and not only is he repeating them, but he's making even more huge mistakes to add to the ones he hasn't learned from.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Rae budgeted for a promotion push on the basis that a successful team would have the crowds come flocking back. Last season showed him that even if we're pushing for promotion the fans aren't going to come back in enough numbers to make spending that much money on wages viable.

I can't believe any fan who thinks objectively could have a go at Rae for cutting our budget after the pitiful showing from our stay-away fans last season. It isn't a bottomless pit of money he has.

32.gif

But if the money isn't there, it isn't there. We couldn't expect to hold the budget with low crowds, and little in the way of sponsorship or broadcasting income. It would just be pouring more money down the massive black hole that is running a full time Div 1 football club.

Then why is everyone so surprised we're toiling after taking all the goals and assists out the team that Hardie, Tidser, Peaso and to a lesser extent Weatherson provided? Moore has ****ed up but he was always fighting a losing battle trying to replace these guys after having his budget cut yet again.

We'll do well to avoid a relegation battle and crowds are going to plummet to their lowest levels since Rae took over but he's made his bed so he'll need to lie in it.

I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Montrose take us to ET or worse tomorrow.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Rae budgeted for a promotion push on the basis that a successful team would have the crowds come flocking back. Last season showed him that even if we're pushing for promotion the fans aren't going to come back in enough numbers to make spending that much money on wages viable.

I can't believe any fan who thinks objectively could have a go at Rae for cutting our budget after the pitiful showing from our stay-away fans last season. It isn't a bottomless pit of money he has.

I agree but the result of this is what we are now seeing.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

We're three league games into the season with a squad where the only strength in depth in terms of numbers we have is in central defence. In that central defence Moore has publicly criticised one on a few occasions now, took one off because he doesn't speak English and another one who has been nowhere near the first team until Moore realised two of them only spoke Slovakian. We're now going into a 4th year with a team that can't defend for their lives and no lessons have been learned.

Couple that with the fact we've already started playing players out of position to fit them into the team, in two different formations already and it's clear to see Moore has absolutely no idea what he wants from the team and obviously neither do the players. Moore trying to be a tactical genius like he's playing a game of FIFA possibly cost us the title last season changing formations and playing our best players in completely foreign positions to them.

Then you add in the criminal lack of quality up front that Moore has allowed to happen. Signing Cham on a two year deal after seeing him for 45 minutes, giving Archie Campbell a new contract despite wanting to play with one up front this season, meaning he has to change his preferred formation everytime he wants to shoehorn him in to get us a goa, using Tony Wallace as a striker purely because thats the position we had the least numbers in and having found no other formation where he looks like he belongs. We've gone into a season where Moore wanted to play 4-5-1 with our four best players in Hands, Fred, McKee and Imrie all playing in their best positions, yet he's completely forgot to sign a striker who could play up front on his own, and even if Cham miraculously turns into a superstar all of a sudden, we'd still only have one of four strikers who could play in Moore's preferred formation.

A lot of fans including myself let Moore's faults slide last year despite what it may have cost us because we just enjoyed having a good season for once, but he's clearly shown not to have learned any lessons from those mistakes and not only is he repeating them, but he's making even more huge mistakes to add to the ones he hasn't learned from.

I told you our attack would be our achilles heel weeks ago and our defence would leak like Das Boot. Listen to me and life will be easier. ^_^

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

We should be asking Hoppy to use his contacts down south for a loan deal - Dougie Freeman at Bolton, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Bradford etc

Sureley could get some loan players.

Perhaps Hoppy would be more inclined/able to use his contacts down South if he was actually the manager...

The 4 teams I expect to make up the top 4 are Dundee, raith, queens and us. ( 3 of these were the bookies favourites as well)

Those 3 haven't exactly had greats starts either- all of them are sitting a point clear of us!!

I wonder if their fans are all over reacting on their messageboards as well?

Many of our fans did the same thing last year- if we are in the same position after 10/12 games then fair enough, but we are 3 games in ffs!! Win on sat and we will be looking ok again!

Progression to the next round of the league cup* and a chance of drawing a premier div side would mean nothing to a team like Morton.

Keep up the 'fact' based analysis, it's truly insightful.

*No, it is not a diddy trophy

We're dealing with the manager here champ, not the club. A routine win at home to one of the worst sides in Scottish football does absolutely nothing to improve his credibility.

Unlucky.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Perhaps Hoppy would be more inclined/able to use his contacts down South if he was actually the manager...

Nice try, but the last thing the club needs is appointing yet another rookie currently sniffing around the manager's post like a dug eating chips and gravy from the poke.

'Hoppy' shouldn't even be considered until he proves himself at a lower level.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Beating cannon-fodder like Montrose 4-0 means absolutely nothing.

You were answering a post that talked of a victory being a catalyst for improving team morale, confidence and performance. You can attempt to deflect attention away from your error and be as condescending as you like but this is not pie and bovril and we are not impressed. Don't get me wrong, you are good entertainment and you do have some very good insights on a variety of subjects, just not football though.

HHkTu1F.jpg

That's a good assessment. I hadn't realised that Moore had signed Cham on the basis of only 45 minutes, although it happened when I was on holiday so must have missed that.

If Moore is not trying to sign a striker in the few days he has left before the window closes, he's very naive.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived