Ttg Moore! - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ttg Moore!

BluebirdTon

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think the number of times that speaking English becomes critical in a game were fairly few and far between. I played in a multilingual expat team in West Africa many years ago and we all managed to understand what was going on and act accordingly.

If any instructions need to be given about how the team is set up, they should be given before kick off. Who translates Moore's instructions into English anyway? And who then translates that into Slovakian?

You wonder how on earth all the English Premiership teams get on...

If he's taken Habai off for not understanding English then that is well and truly bizarre!

Surely tae fek they now know "forward" "back" "in" "out" ?

Moore is going on about the new training facilities and how they can work on things. I saw no evidence of this whatsoever on Saturday!

All I saw was very basic mistakes.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Lets be honest, we have slashed the budget and brought players in who are not better than the one's we have lost.

Namely Reid, McDonald and Dyer. The Slovakians, for what I have seen, are no better than Rusty.

The league is there for the taking but I fear we are lacking the quality and balance required for promotion. Early days I know but to finish second last season and have such a poor start is not the optimism we required.

If he's taken Habai off for not understanding English then that is well and truly bizarre!

Surely tae fek they now know "forward" "back" "in" "out" ?

Moore is going on about the new training facilities and how they can work on things. I saw no evidence of this whatsoever on Saturday!

All I saw was very basic mistakes.

Shake it all about..

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Lets be honest, we have slashed the budget and brought players in who are not better than the one's we have lost.

Namely Reid, McDonald and Dyer. The Slovakians, for what I have seen, are no better than Rusty.

The league is there for the taking but I fear we are lacking the quality and balance required for promotion. Early days I know but to finish second last season and have such a poor start is not the optimism we required.

I am optimistic that Fitzpatrick is better than Dyer. Other than that the problem is not so much the players Moore has brought in but the total lack of any strikers worthy of the name amongst them. It is a glaring weakness in our squad and will surely mean accelerated promotion to a regular first team slot for David McNeill.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Aug 26 2013, 03:33 PM) 937932[/snapback]
I can see at least one more player being added before the transfer window closes whether that is another defender I.e Craig Reid or another forward I do not know.

The transfer window doesn't really apply to us unless we are going to pay money for someone.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

We should be asking Hoppy to use his contacts down south for a loan deal - Dougie Freeman at Bolton, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Bradford etc

Sureley could get some loan players.

A lot of these clubs aren't too keen on loan players coming here and would prefer to send their players to League One in England. Problem is finding players who are both available to be sent here and good enough to go right into the first team.

Bit early for the TTG stuff. Couple of very achievable home wins this week and we'll be right as rain.

There was a couple of very achievable away wins last week too.

Bit early for the TTG stuff. Couple of very achievable home wins this week and we'll be right as rain.

Not sure why you think beating Montrose and Raith Rovers would even remotely change matters.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Right as rain? In what way? We'll still have a largely incapable squad with no forward threat and a regular stream of goals against for simple, individual defensive failures. I can't see that changing any time soon.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Not sure why you think beating Montrose and Raith Rovers would even remotely change matters.

maybe not, but a few wins may possibly be all that is needed to kickstart a change in the attitude/mentality of the team regardless of opposition.

Say we win tomorrow night 4-0 and Cham - if he's on - gets even one or two, then would that not be seen as a way forward? The clean sheet would mean to me that something in the defence has clicked. Tomorrow night is still tomorrow night so who knows.

Right as rain? In what way? We'll still have a largely incapable squad with no forward threat and a regular stream of goals against for simple, individual defensive failures. I can't see that changing any time soon.

I don't think the squad is largely incapable. Gaston is and Caraux looks like being a good keeper, Taggart and Fitzpatrick are pretty capable, as is McLaughlin. I reckon Habai will be too, once he settles, though I don't think the same about Peicar. Hands and McKee are good players, and together with Fred should make for a decent midfield, even if inexperience means they'll be inconsistent, and they'll take time to adapt to playing first team football week in, week out. Imrie is a smashing player, and O'Brien is capable if he can find the form that has deserted him since March. Up front is a big worry, though I'm not prepared to write Cham off this early.

Like I've said elsewhere, with this many new players bedding in we will be inconsistent, we'll make mistakes, and we'll take time to gell. If we're still in touching distance of the play-offs at the end of the quarter we'll be in a decent enough position. If we're not, or if we're as poor by the end of the second quarter then yeah, I'll be a bit worried, but I'm not overly concerned about things now.

maybe not, but a few wins may possibly be all that is needed to kickstart a change in the attitude/mentality of the team regardless of opposition.

Say we win tomorrow night 4-0 and Cham - if he's on - gets even one or two, then would that not be seen as a way forward? The clean sheet would mean to me that something in the defence has clicked. Tomorrow night is still tomorrow night so who knows.

Beating cannon-fodder like Montrose 4-0 means absolutely nothing.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Beating cannon-fodder like Montrose 4-0 means absolutely nothing.

Progression to the next round of the league cup* and a chance of drawing a premier div side would mean nothing to a team like Morton.

Keep up the 'fact' based analysis, it's truly insightful.

*No, it is not a diddy trophy

HHkTu1F.jpg

I don't think the squad is largely incapable. Gaston is and Caraux looks like being a good keeper, Taggart and Fitzpatrick are pretty capable, as is McLaughlin. I reckon Habai will be too, once he settles, though I don't think the same about Peicar. Hands and McKee are good players, and together with Fred should make for a decent midfield, even if inexperience means they'll be inconsistent, and they'll take time to adapt to playing first team football week in, week out. Imrie is a smashing player, and O'Brien is capable if he can find the form that has deserted him since March. Up front is a big worry, though I'm not prepared to write Cham off this early.

Like I've said elsewhere, with this many new players bedding in we will be inconsistent, we'll make mistakes, and we'll take time to gell. If we're still in touching distance of the play-offs at the end of the quarter we'll be in a decent enough position. If we're not, or if we're as poor by the end of the second quarter then yeah, I'll be a bit worried, but I'm not overly concerned about things now.

I like the look of the midfield too and left it out of my critique. ^_^

The defence is hopeless though. Even with more technically gifted players we've leaked too many goals under Moore. This season the defenders are weaker (IMO) and we're struggling already. It's not a problem I have faith in the management to sort out since they haven't done it in the previous 3 years.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived