French Themed Day Donation Thread - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

French Themed Day Donation Thread

port-ton

Haven't counted completely accurately as i have to run to work now, but donations must now be approaching £500 now, so very well done guys!

Running costs with more still to come have reached around £720, so whoever had the idea that i should ask for donations.......THANK YOU! :lol:

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't counted completely accurately as i have to run to work now, but donations must now be approaching £500 now, so very well done guys!

Running costs with more still to come have reached around £720, so whoever had the idea that i should ask for donations.......THANK YOU! :lol:

Can't stop laughing at this idea/day, in a good way of course. Fairly mental how it's all took off, well done on your efforts so far.

Cheers nacho!

Flag has been bought. It scares me how much I paid for it though! :lol:

Port ton im going to be at fans game at some point (Not going tomorrow as im going to a wedding ) so if you know me seek me out and i will give you a donation

Pat G

Ton Till I Die

Port ton im going to be at fans game at some point (Not going tomorrow as im going to a wedding ) so if you know me seek me out and i will give you a donation

Pat G

Ton Till I Die

Not sure I know you pat, but I'm sure Scott will point me in the right direction cheers!

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Guest Andy Brady

Really do not want to piss on the good will . . . BUT...is this all going to be worth it when he walks away at the end of the season for a new challenge in England?

Really do not want to piss on the good will . . . BUT...is this all going to be worth it when he walks away at the end of the season for a new challenge in England?

Ach, it's something different.

Fairly big Northwich Victoria support at FC United of Manchester today and they were all in fancy dress despite their team going into administration this week and being on the end of a 4-1 humping. Wouldn't imagine any of them thinking 'is this all going to be worth it?'

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Have you ever heard of the concept of having a bit of fun? Been a fairly miserable, disappointing season so let's just enjoy ourselves. Fred has been a ray of light so let's see if we can persuade him to give us another season - unlikely maybe but no harm in trying.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Guest Andy Brady

I can see where people coming from but Fred has informed Morton he won't be staying and has held talks with another club which should come to light in the coming weeks!

Just think the poor guy Port Ton has wacked a lump sum of his cash into this yet the same amount pumped into the youth could be all the difference. But, Hats off to Port Ton and showing the club how to be commercially viable! The Club could have made money from -

Franch Flags

Freddie Masks

Streamers

Berets (Could have done french costume)

CHeap Fred Must stay tee shirts

Ach, think my gripe is not having the club bother/think of anything like this or bloody do something like this beginign off season to end to keep a feel good factor at cappielow.

Hope the lad portton aint out a bomb for this and I just hope another Frenchie signs so the flag can go to use!!!

I can see where people coming from but Fred has informed Morton he won't be staying and has held talks with another club which should come to light in the coming weeks!

Just think the poor guy Port Ton has wacked a lump sum of his cash into this yet the same amount pumped into the youth could be all the difference. But, Hats off to Port Ton and showing the club how to be commercially viable! The Club could have made money from -

Franch Flags

Freddie Masks

Streamers

Ach, think my gripe is not having the club bother/think of anything like this or bloody do something like this beginign off season to end to keep a feel good factor at cappielow.

Hope the lad portton aint out a bomb for this and I just hope another Frenchie signs so the flag can go to use!!!

Fred deserves to have his day weather he stays or goes.

The fans have taken to him and I'm sure he has very strong feelings for the club too.

He's only a young boy and has probably been touched by the way he has been treated by the Ton fans.

He's probably never had anything like this done for him before and I'm sure he'll be An emotional wreck a week on Saturday just to know how much we like him.

Oozie

Franch Flags

Freddie Masks

Streamers

Why would the club change the attitude of its entire tenure.

If the club had thought of this and had to shell out say £750 it would be in the form of an interest free loan. ;)

Whether folk agree with the day ahead or not is another matter, what has been shown is that Ton fans can still be passionate about something portrayed in a good light and totally independent and when its put to them as PT has done and will readily chip in to support it.

Folk like PT (and he may not be overly happy to hear it as he has not sought publicity in any way) are exactly the type of person any decent club would look at to come up with ideas, and how to drive them to success rather than anyone who would maybe be more interested in themselves and not allow the drive to be bogged down in politics etc, he is a fan, as simple as that.

Bottom line is well done to PT for coming up with a novel idea which has sparked to life many of his fellow fans.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

For me the day isn't about trying to get Fred to stay. It might be for some people but for me it's about letting him know that we would love him to stay, and that even if he leaves he will know how much he meant to us in his time here.

Whether he stays or goes I won't regret doing this, as ultimately my appreciation for him won't change whether he stays or goes.

32.gif

For me the day isn't about trying to get Fred to stay. It might be for some people but for me it's about letting him know that we would love him to stay, and that even if he leaves he will know how much he meant to us in his time here.

Whether he stays or goes I won't regret doing this, as ultimately my appreciation for him won't change whether he stays or goes.

Nice sentiments but if i'm honest 5 minutes after he leaves us he will largely be forgotten about by the majority.

The old adage of players come and players go but what it does show is that if you give your all, as wee Fred does, and even if you are not the best player in the world fans can appreciate the efforts you have given (and at the same time show up those around him who take the club for a ride)

I see it more, maybe selfishly, that Cappielow may be entertaining for the day. We have a had a few of last game of season fun over the years (usually the last away game) where the ton fans actually seem close together for a day but invariably that doesn't last long so hopefully at the very least Morton fans can enjoy the game against Raith for the positive reasons.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I think Port Ton has done a great job of organising the flag & Fred related end of season party! Well done indeed.

However I cant help but think that a Ton flag with temporary Fred related comment attached may have been a better plan as the flag could then be used for other occasions at home & away?

In no way am I having a dig at The Port Ton man as his efforts deserve apto be applauded !

Duty Now For The Future !

Fred and Andy McLaren are in my opinion the only two players post Hugh Scott that you would pay the entrance fee to see play. John maisano was decent enough in the diddy leagues but the term flattered to deceive was made for him. Tidser on his game also shows class above the level he's playing at but injuries seem to have hampered him. Fred's workrate and level headedness is typical of the modern day pro and if he goes will be hard to replace.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

It's the last game of the season. We ain't winning the league so lets have a bit of fun!

Fred will win most if not all Player of the Year awards so that's sets the day up perfectly to show appreciation to him.

Gives everyone something to look forward to, so a big well done to Por-ton!

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Surely 'La Marseillaise' has to be played at some point? Think it's probably the best national anthem there is...

I spoke to Jamie about this, I feel it would be dis-respectful to just throw it in at some point, I agree it is a bangin tune but to use it out of context may be taking it too far.

Flower of Scotland is a great national anthem, but I wouldn't play it at a Morton match...

I spoke to Jamie about this, I feel it would be dis-respectful to just throw it in at some point, I agree it is a bangin tune but to use it out of context may be taking it too far.

Flower of Scotland is a great national anthem, but I wouldn't play it at a Morton match...

I don't really see whats disrespectful about playing the French national anthem on French day? I say go for it!

Archived