French Themed Day Donation Thread - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

French Themed Day Donation Thread

port-ton

As has been noted in the other thread, the final home game of the season is now officially (well unless Dougie has a problem with it) a French themed day, in honour of our midfield maestro Fred who may or may not be playing his final game for us.

I've already spent £200 on French merchandise , including £180 on 480 french waving flags to be handed out and will be spending more, and the Trust has generously donated upto £150 to help out with the funding of the day. (Don't start Rhubarb Mess, time and place, time and place!)

If anyone would like to donate anything to the day, the first funds will go towards a giant flag for the WDE then please send whatever you wish to donate on paypal to imgonnagoaheadanddoakermitthefrog@hotmail.co.uk (just copy and paste it :P really wish i'd known i'd be taking donations years ago when i used that as my email address!)

Any donations are very much appreciated, however small and will go a long way to making this a day that Fred will hopefully never forget.

If we surpass expectations and have enough money to pay for the flag, i was thinking that with the surplus we could either give the money to a charity of Fred's choice, or towards the youth academy or something.

Thanks for your help,

faithfully,

a guy that had an idea after a few drinks and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done on the idea and good on you for spending the money , Id be happy to help handing out th eflags etc on matchday if required :)

I was thinking that the turnstile operators could hand out a flag to everyone that comes through (well the first 480 people), but if not then that would be a great help mate! :)

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

As has been noted in the other thread, the final home game of the season is now officially (well unless Dougie has a problem with it) a French themed day, in honour of our midfield maestro Fred who may or may not be playing his final game for us.

I've already spent £200 on French merchandise , including £180 on 480 french waving flags to be handed out and will be spending more, and the Trust has generously donated upto £150 to help out with the funding of the day. (Don't start Rhubarb Mess, time and place, time and place!)

If anyone would like to donate anything to the day, the first funds will go towards a giant flag for the WDE then please send whatever you wish to donate on paypal to imgonnagoaheadanddoakermitthefrog@hotmail.co.uk (just copy and paste it :P really wish i'd known i'd be taking donations years ago when i used that as my email address!)

Any donations are very much appreciated, however small and will go a long way to making this a day that Fred will hopefully never forget.

If we surpass expectations and have enough money to pay for the flag, i was thinking that with the surplus we could either give the money to a charity of Fred's choice, or towards the youth academy or something.

Thanks for your help,

faithfully,

a guy that had an idea after a few drinks and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

not that bad an idear after all then was it fair play to them

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

not that bad an idear after all then was it fair play to them

I was offered the chance to use the trusts paypal account for donations because i clearly have no experience in organising something like this, but i didn't want the same one or two people using it for their agenda in a thread/idea that is supposed to be harmless and fun.

32.gif

I was thinking that the turnstile operators could hand out a flag to everyone that comes through (well the first 480 people), but if not then that would be a great help mate! :)

Fu©k NO- They struggle taking cash and releasing the gate to open...

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

Fu©k NO- They struggle taking cash and releasing the gate to open...

:lol: True. Might take you up on that offer then Scott!

32.gif

Another donation, which i thank you very much for! :D

I won't name donators incase they don't want it to be known, but i thank them very much for your kindness :)

32.gif

I'm in hospitality. Do I get my French flag on my table? Do I have to drink red wine and eat snails?

in hospitality also! Good excuse to drink French red wine lol

Where did you get the French merchandise?

in hospitality also! Good excuse to drink French red wine lol

Where did you get the French merchandise?

I ebayed mine. Spent £16 on a French flag, and a few quid on French flag temporary tattoos :lol:

You can get a french flag for much cheaper than that though im sure, i was on a french flag spending spree when i decided to pay so much for mine.

I've never said French Flag so many times in one post before. French Flag.

32.gif

Thanks for your help,

faithfully,

Oi, i think its a good idea, not only for a great wee hard working player but to bring some colour and atmosphere to the ground for a change.

Maybe this will lead to some of our more youthful fans displaying a bit of colour and noise at games next season...an area of he shed should be encouraged to be used by those who like to be vocal in their support.

Good luck with the giant flag...a certain person at Cappielow cited all sorts of health and safety when we previously tried this. But maybe the attitude has changed, it would a welcome change.

I'm chipping in hee haw though. If its a French thingy i should get a free pass.

Honestly though, i am personally looking forward to seeing the place with a bit of a buzz around it.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Archived