Rangers Lodge Appeal For Administration - Page 5 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rangers Lodge Appeal For Administration

Bawheid

A clever move by the taxman. This way Craig Whyte won't be able to appoint an administrator who'll effectively lean towards his interests and any administrator appointed by HMRC would be on their terms rather than Whyte's. The return serve if you like.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morons , not a bit of sense in yer thick skulls, at time I'm convinced u r actually a buch oh paisley basturdz on the wind up,have yea's got a da :lol: :blink:

:lol: :lol:

I am very tempted to take up a faith, drop to my knees and pray with all my might that one half of the scumbag twins dies a rapid death.

I don't think it will come to that but one can dream!!

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

i am inclined to agree that scottish football will suffer if rangers go bust, but this doesnt take away from the fact that they have whats coming to them.

They have being cheating for years and are now banged to rights.

For them to get off virtually scotfree, new company in the spl debt free, means any shred of integrity or decency our game had goes up the swanny.

Its obvious that both whyte and hmrc have game plans for this eventuality. Likening it to a game over brinkmanship is entirely accurate.

As surpised how few fans there were outside ibrox last night.

I reckon its cos no one commissioned a banner......

A clever move by the taxman. This way Craig Whyte won't be able to appoint an administrator who'll effectively lean towards his interests and any administrator appointed by HMRC would be on their terms rather than Whyte's. The return serve if you like.

Rangers bringing in their own administrator.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

From the Sun (ha):

Q What if they fail to reach an agreement?

A If a deal cannot be agreed, the company will be dissolved and the club will cease to exist. But the insolvent company can create a "phoenix" club and attempt to transfer every part of the club to a new business, leaving behind the debt.

That's a practice that has to be outlawed. Blatant cheating of millions of pounds of debt if they eventually resort to it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Rangers have appointed their own administrators according to SSN

Yep, was just on the radio 2 news there.

They've obviously shat it and got their administrator in straight away. Just goes to show really that they've been planning this for a while, which makes the signing of Daniel Cousin on a reported £7,500 per week contract just last week look even more ridiculous.

They're going to get away with it either way and they'll probably still be in the SPL next season even if they go bust. The rest of the SPL should tell them to f*ck off or start again at the bottom of the 3rd division (after competing with Spartans, Auchinleck Talbot for their place of course) if they want back in.

onsP5NR.jpg

From the Sun (ha):

Q What if they fail to reach an agreement?

A If a deal cannot be agreed, the company will be dissolved and the club will cease to exist. But the insolvent company can create a "phoenix" club and attempt to transfer every part of the club to a new business, leaving behind the debt.

That's a practice that has to be outlawed. Blatant cheating of millions of pounds of debt if they eventually resort to it.

I can see where you are coming from but administration is about rescuing something from a failed company and one way of doing it is for there to be a new company into which the assets are transferred, leaving the debts behind in the old company. The assets though, have to be paid for by NewCo at a fair value, they are not given away. That means the creditors should in theory be no worse off. In practice in this size of case, huge professional fees eat up a lot of creditor money.

The point of a company voluntary arrangement is to have the creditors accept that they can't get all their money and accept so much in the pound broadly equivalent to what the assets would realise if sold usually plus a wee sweetener out of future earnings. That avoids needing a NewCo and therefore any arguments about league membership passing to NewCo. Generally this issue is why the transfer of assets route (called a hive down in trade parlance) is not used in football insolvencies.

As for HMRC trying to appoint their own man, I think that was tactical as they don't know the English firm Rangers are using and maybe don't trust the relationship. Effectively it puts down a marker for the administrator to let him know they will be watching what goes on closely.

PS Its seems that the administrators being used by Rangers have quite a lot of "previous" with Whyte and have handled appointments from him before. They better play this one straight as it will be scrutinised like no other job they have done!

My main hope in all this is that the people saying Celtic can't survive without Rangers are spot on.

If we can get past the myopic, next-pay-day approach that is prevailent in Scottish football, the disbanding of both Old Firm clubs would be the best thing that could happen to Scotland.

AWMSC

My main hope in all this is that the people saying Celtic can't survive without Rangers are spot on.

If we can get past the myopic, next-pay-day approach that is prevailent in Scottish football, the disbanding of both Old Firm clubs would be the best thing that could happen to Scotland.

Nothing would emerge in the short term, indeed the Septic support may even grow more (the Sky Sports plastics etc) off the back of Rangers demise (if this gets even close to that) but in time without the ugly brother from across the city that support could well begin to drop unless they managed to somehow get themselves into the English leagues.

Septic may never go out of business but they will certainly be less of a club with the other bigots. The smart Septic fans in work see this pretty clearly, while the ones laughing can't see beyond the end of their noses.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Nothing would emerge in the short term, indeed the Septic support may even grow more (the Sky Sports plastics etc) off the back of Rangers demise (if this gets even close to that) but in time without the ugly brother from across the city that support could well begin to drop unless they managed to somehow get themselves into the English leagues.

Septic may never go out of business but they will certainly be less of a club with the other bigots. The smart Septic fans in work see this pretty clearly, while the ones laughing can't see beyond the end of their noses.

Celtic fill Parkhead most weeks whether they are playing Rangers or St Mirren. If there is one thing worse than a league that only two teams can win, its one where one team is guaranteed to win every time. Even Celtic fans will get bored with that and Sky will have no interest whatsoever. With no TV money, the SPl will be in the same position as the rest of us and maybe there will be a bit of a levelling in Scottish football where clubs have to survive on gate money again.

I can't see Rangers disappearing though. They'll be back in some shape or form.

I wonder what this and the 10 point deduction will do for ESPN and Sky subscriptions ?

Minimal given that they'll be relying more on the leagues than the SPL. If it had that great an impact on subscriptions then the SPL would be able to command a far more lucrative deal than is currently the case.

Things moved fast today (Rangers going into administration) following an unsuccessful legal bid by HMRC at the Court of Session to appoint its own administrator. That's when Rangers stepped in with their own administrator, London firm Duff and Phelps.

Obviously the worse case scenario for Rangers is liquidation, but I think that might not happen some how.

Archived