Rangers Lodge Appeal For Administration - Page 7 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rangers Lodge Appeal For Administration

Bawheid

A lot of people on this thread with very short memories. It was only a decade ago whenever Morton was in administration and fighting for survival. Granted that Rangers FC are a far bigger and more successful club, but there will be ordinary decent Rangers supporters tonight feeling the same way as we did back then.

Also, outwith the football side of things they employ a sizeable amount of people both directly and indirectly via contractors etc. Those people will be worried about their jobs tonight too as a result of no fault of their own, and the cleaning ladies and handyman types will soon find out that they are more dispensable than some middle manager on a larger salary, or a lazy **** squad player of which there will be several.

Not too long ago there was a member of Morton FC's commercial team made redundant, and there was a big thread on the messageboard which almost read like a Diana tribute. There will be diligent and hardworking folk like that at Rangers who we will probably never hear about, but will almost certainly be casualties from these cockney henchmen administrators.

The people who will make the biggest whack out of the situation are the administrators. Have you seen their charge out rates? They will play this to maximise their fees and any thoughts of acting for the benefit of the creditors will be secondary to lining their own pockets, just as happened with Wilson Field at Gretna (every penny they have traced so far has gone into their own distended pockets). These firms are parasites, or more accurately vultures.

I feel sorry for those who will lose their jobs, but I'm not going to pretend I have any sympathy at all for Rangers. They and Celtic are 2 cheeks of the same 4rse and in the long term if it makes Scotland a better nation due to the reduction in sectarianism, from which both these clubs benefit despite their public protestations, that is probably a positive. The fact that it would allow Scottish football to be less of a predetermined bore might be another bonus.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of people on this thread with very short memories. It was only a decade ago whenever Morton was in administration and fighting for survival. Granted that Rangers FC are a far bigger and more successful club, but there will be ordinary decent Rangers supporters tonight feeling the same way as we did back then.

Also, outwith the football side of things they employ a sizeable amount of people both directly and indirectly via contractors etc. Those people will be worried about their jobs tonight too as a result of no fault of their own, and the cleaning ladies and handyman types will soon find out that they are more dispensable than some middle manager on a larger salary, or a lazy **** squad player of which there will be several.

Not too long ago there was a member of Morton FC's commercial team made redundant, and there was a big thread on the messageboard which almost read like a Diana tribute. There will be diligent and hardworking folk like that at Rangers who we will probably never hear about, but will almost certainly be casualties from these cockney henchmen administrators.

Fair post. No one wants to see ordinary Joe's lose their jobs. As for the fans, I know a fair few decent Rangers fans who are genuinely gutted but they always do seem outnumbered by the type you really want to see crying into their beer. Institutionally I have zero sympathy, I dislike this establishment as much as I dislike the other side of the coin (btw, in the long term tweedle dee and tweedle dum could never live without one another).

If they go under, are resurrected and are allowed to remain within the SPL due to TV or similar Scottish football should just bolt the door. It would leave such a bitter taste that smaller clubs fans may just chuck it, and i don't say that lightly, but if the rules are changed for this club alone i think many would turn their back on football in this country.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Fair post. No one wants to see ordinary Joe's lose their jobs. As for the fans, I know a fair few decent Rangers fans who are genuinely gutted but they always do seem outnumbered by the type you really want to see crying into their beer. Institutionally I have zero sympathy, I dislike this establishment as much as I dislike the other side of the coin (btw, in the long term tweedle dee and tweedle dum could never live without one another).

If they go under, are resurrected and are allowed to remain within the SPL due to TV or similar Scottish football should just bolt the door. It would leave such a bitter taste that smaller clubs fans may just chuck it, and i don't say that lightly, but if the rules are changed for this club alone i think many would turn their back on football in this country.

It pains me to post this, but this is exactly what would happen. No Old firm matches = no Sky TV £s. No Sky TV £s = No Killie, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc. These Clubs rely on that money and would go before Celtic eventually succumb (which they would).

The SPL sold their collective souls to TV and now their very existence is dependant on it. They would be cutting their own throats if such a scenario was to occur and they didnt vote a new Rangers back in.

here today, gone to hell

Celtic fill Parkhead most weeks whether they are playing Rangers or St Mirren.

That's an interesting point to be raised. It's a fallacy, certainly this season, that Celtic fans turn up week in week out while the Rangers fans are deserting their club. Working week in week out at both stadiums on matchdays gives me an insight into both supports and this season Celtic fans are the ones that have been turning up less, booing their team more often and generally showing signs of frustration. One of the figures we take note of each week is the attendance and taking into account the poor attendance at Ibrox for the Dunde Utd Scottish cup game the average attendance at Ibrox this season (in all competitions and friendlies against Liverpool and Chelsea included also) is around 80% capacity (40,00ish) while Celtic's average attendance (again in all competitions and they've not played any friendlies at home) is around 75% capacity (45,000ish). You could fit Celtic's average attendance into Ibrox and have room to spare despite Celtic Park having a greater capacity of 10,00 over Ibrox.

Celtic's attendance might sharply increase in the short term with what's going on at Ibrox but in the long term with a less competitive Rangers, liklihood of less money from TV deal, with Rangers unlikely to be in Europe the UEFA coefficient will drop making it harder for Celtic to get the European income Celtic will not ba able to afford or attract the same quality that they have now and attendances will drop to below their current level. I won't be surprised to see the current first division standard being the pinnacle standard of Scottish football in the not so far away future.

I was listening to Shona Robison our joke of a Sports Minister over the last couple of days on Radio Scotland. First off she was saying they'd do all they can to help Rangers and then this morning she's gone all quiet and typically non-committal. If the Scottish Govt do go out of their way to help Rangers through administration I for one would consider my polictical leanings very carefully. They are a business like any other that has failed over the years.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I don't disagree about it being a shame for people to face redundancy etc especially in this day and age with the shortage of jobs. Of course the same is true of a number of Rangers' suppliers where people will face redundancy because of the way the club has been run into the ground, with the intention from day one by Whyte not to pay the debts. Apart from the big tax case, I see they have not been paying their PAYE (deducted from their employees) or VAT so the debt to the public purse all up may well be £70-80m which is scandal someone should answer for. At least many Rangers employees have the prospect of continuing in whatever the inevitable new setup will be. For Employees of some suppliers who may also be forced to the wall, the same is not true.

As for Rangers fans, I have no sympathy for them. You can dismiss the knuckle dragging sectarian idiots who are too stupid to grasp any concept of decent behaviour but then we come to the so called 'decent' Rangers fan. Can there be such a thing? These are people who continue to follow, support and associate themselves with an institution steeped in sectarianism, often ignoring their local team to do so. I find it hard to have sympathy for any of them!

That's an interesting point to be raised. It's a fallacy, certainly this season, that Celtic fans turn up week in week out while the Rangers fans are deserting their club. Working week in week out at both stadiums on matchdays gives me an insight into both supports and this season Celtic fans are the ones that have been turning up less, booing their team more often and generally showing signs of frustration. One of the figures we take note of each week is the attendance and taking into account the poor attendance at Ibrox for the Dunde Utd Scottish cup game the average attendance at Ibrox this season (in all competitions and friendlies against Liverpool and Chelsea included also) is around 80% capacity (40,00ish) while Celtic's average attendance (again in all competitions and they've not played any friendlies at home) is around 75% capacity (45,000ish). You could fit Celtic's average attendance into Ibrox and have room to spare despite Celtic Park having a greater capacity of 10,00 over Ibrox.

Celtic's attendance might sharply increase in the short term with what's going on at Ibrox but in the long term with a less competitive Rangers, liklihood of less money from TV deal, with Rangers unlikely to be in Europe the UEFA coefficient will drop making it harder for Celtic to get the European income Celtic will not ba able to afford or attract the same quality that they have now and attendances will drop to below their current level. I won't be surprised to see the current first division standard being the pinnacle standard of Scottish football in the not so far away future.

Not quite, I actually get where you are coming from though. SOccernet give Celtics average home attendance as 49,471

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attenda...-league?cc=5739

Also one thing that this stat does not take account of, is season ticket holders who dont attend every week, but have still purchased there tickets, giving the club revenue. Was on the Ferry from Belfast on Saturday morning and you could have bought a season card for the match for a tenner. There were loads spare. I also know loads of supporters buses in Scotland have the same scenario every week. I am not saying that Celtic Park, or Ibrox are sell outs every week, but you cant go just on the average attendances, and then compare it to revenue.

Not quite, I actually get where you are coming from though. SOccernet give Celtics average home attendance as 49,471

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attenda...-league?cc=5739

Also one thing that this stat does not take account of, is season ticket holders who dont attend every week, but have still purchased there tickets, giving the club revenue. Was on the Ferry from Belfast on Saturday morning and you could have bought a season card for the match for a tenner. There were loads spare. I also know loads of supporters buses in Scotland have the same scenario every week. I am not saying that Celtic Park, or Ibrox are sell outs every week, but you cant go just on the average attendances, and then compare it to revenue.

Firstly, your average attendance is SPL games only while I've gave a rough average attendance in all competitions as I stated.

Secondly, at what point did I mention anything about revenue? The point I'm making is about loyalty in going to the games week in week out to support your team and on an average matchday Ibrox is fuller than Parkhead when you compare it to the respective capacity. From my experience this season Celtic fans are more arrogant (which has been my experience every season I've been working at both stadiums), more impatient and a lot more critical of there team on matchdays compared to their Rangers counterparts.

Firstly, your average attendance is SPL games only while I've gave a rough average attendance in all competitions as I stated.

Secondly, at what point did I mention anything about revenue? The point I'm making is about loyalty in going to the games week in week out to support your team and on an average matchday Ibrox is fuller than Parkhead when you compare it to the respective capacity. From my experience this season Celtic fans are more arrogant (which has been my experience every season I've been working at both stadiums), more impatient and a lot more critical of there team on matchdays compared to their Rangers counterparts.

Haha, Celtic Park has 10,000 more seats, so yes, Ibrox will feel "more fuller". You may not have mentioned revenue, but see when it comes down to wether Celtic can survive without Rangers, it is all about revenue, not how full the stadium appears on match day to the stewards! As for your opinion for what the attitude of the average Celtic fan is, well that doesn't really matter in the bigger picture. Funny thing is though, I know exactly who you are. I know your whole family. And I also know, why you have these opinions on the Celtic support. ;) At least I don't pretend to be impartial.

Celtic fill Parkhead most weeks whether they are playing Rangers or St Mirren.

Haha, Celtic Park has 10,000 more seats, so yes, Ibrox will feel "more fuller". You may not have mentioned revenue, but see when it comes down to wether Celtic can survive without Rangers, it is all about revenue, not how full the stadium appears on match day to the stewards! As for your opinion for what the attitude of the average Celtic fan is, well that doesn't really matter in the bigger picture. Funny thing is though, I know exactly who you are. I know your whole family. And I also know, why you have these opinions on the Celtic support. ;) At least I don't pretend to be impartial.

The original point I was replying to was around the point made by Tonsilitis as quoted stating that the capacity level at Ibrox this season is greater than that of Parkhead and coupled that with a bit of personal experience from this season that leads me to believe Rangers fans have been the more loyal supporters this season.

I'm not surprised you know who I am as we have met before and it wouldn't exactly take an enigma machine to decipher my username. As for saying you know why I have these opinions on the Celtic support you would need to first of all know me rather than just know of me and you would also know that I'm not a match day steward, which is what you appear to think I do from your comment. If you knew me you would know that from a work point of view I do find it more enjoyable working at Ibrox as opposed to Parkhead as on the whole Rangers fans are more pleasant, but from a personal point of view I am impartial, I don't have an opinion that is clouded by a leaning to either half.

I personally don't want to see what's happening at Rangers as it's not good for Scottish football as a whole, in my opinion. Long term Celtic will either suffer by staying in the SPL or they'll eventually get a move down south and then Scottish football will suffer even more.

The original point I was replying to was around the point made by Tonsilitis as quoted stating that the capacity level at Ibrox this season is greater than that of Parkhead and coupled that with a bit of personal experience from this season that leads me to believe Rangers fans have been the more loyal supporters this season.

I'm not surprised you know who I am as we have met before and it wouldn't exactly take an enigma machine to decipher my username. As for saying you know why I have these opinions on the Celtic support you would need to first of all know me rather than just know of me and you would also know that I'm not a match day steward, which is what you appear to think I do from your comment. If you knew me you would know that from a work point of view I do find it more enjoyable working at Ibrox as opposed to Parkhead as on the whole Rangers fans are more pleasant, but from a personal point of view I am impartial, I don't have an opinion that is clouded by a leaning to either half.

I personally don't want to see what's happening at Rangers as it's not good for Scottish football as a whole, in my opinion. Long term Celtic will either suffer by staying in the SPL or they'll eventually get a move down south and then Scottish football will suffer even more.

Not seen you in a very long time, however, no matter what job you do, your claim about Rangers fans being more loyal, is bizarre. Yes, I will stick to bizarre! Considering at one stage Celtic were 15 point behind Rangers, but yet still have a higher attendance. Considering Rangers V Dundee United attracted what? 15,000 Rangers fans? Despite the club being in a financial crisis? Yes, I am going to stick to bizarre!

You know over the years I have heard of both ends of the bigot brothers say they are heading off to join the EPL. It seems to be their way of holding Scottish football to ransom. It’s a bit like the kid who takes his ball home to stop everyone else playing football.

Reality check

Scottish football may have pandered to both sides of the bigot brothers for years but that won’t happen down here. Unlike Scottish football the English FA has a thing called the pyramid system and if the inhabitants of castle Grayskull or the Tattie Bowl want to take their toys down here to play they can apply for membership of the North Northumberland League and see if they can earn a place in the EPL the same as any other team down here. It shouldn’t really take them much more than a decade of championship winning performances to reach the heights they crave.

Oh that’s right they believe they should be elected to the EPL, it aint gonna happen. Teams in England earn their right to play in any particular league, and the FA is not going to take the chance on being sued by every team from the Championship down for allowing someone else to take their rightful place.

It’s a sham that mismanagement has caused Rangers a few problems but I’m sure with a few creative accountants they’ll be back to their usual form before long. After all they are the Ying to Celtic’s yan, and you can’t have one without the other.

Frankly treat them like Gretna they had some guy who felt he could do no wrong, and who eventually destroyed the club. Gretna were asked for a financial commitment to the following seasons fixtures and when they couldn’t put that in place the where relegated to the 3rd division. Where they decided not to play.

I’m looking forward to watching the SPL, the SFA and the SFL all tie their rules in knots or to issue emergency rule changes to keep Rangers or whatever they become in the SPL. However UFEA will be watching and they have already punished an Italian team for similar shenanigans. So if that punishment was not enough to deter, the next one will need to be harsher. Maybe the whole of Scottish football banned from European tournaments, some will think it’s a price worth paying

Not seen you in a very long time, however, no matter what job you do, your claim about Rangers fans being more loyal, is bizarre. Yes, I will stick to bizarre! Considering at one stage Celtic were 15 point behind Rangers, but yet still have a higher attendance. Considering Rangers V Dundee United attracted what? 15,000 Rangers fans? Despite the club being in a financial crisis? Yes, I am going to stick to bizarre!

You have every right to feel that way, I was merely putting forward my opinion that I don't think Celtic fans are as loyal as they're being made out to be while Rangers aren't deserting their club despite many suggesting that they are, and I gave information to explain how I came to this opinion.

You know over the years I have heard of both ends of the bigot brothers say they are heading off to join the EPL. It seems to be their way of holding Scottish football to ransom. It’s a bit like the kid who takes his ball home to stop everyone else playing football.

Reality check

Scottish football may have pandered to both sides of the bigot brothers for years but that won’t happen down here. Unlike Scottish football the English FA has a thing called the pyramid system and if the inhabitants of castle Grayskull or the Tattie Bowl want to take their toys down here to play they can apply for membership of the North Northumberland League and see if they can earn a place in the EPL the same as any other team down here. It shouldn’t really take them much more than a decade of championship winning performances to reach the heights they crave.

Oh that’s right they believe they should be elected to the EPL, it aint gonna happen. Teams in England earn their right to play in any particular league, and the FA is not going to take the chance on being sued by every team from the Championship down for allowing someone else to take their rightful place.

It’s a sham that mismanagement has caused Rangers a few problems but I’m sure with a few creative accountants they’ll be back to their usual form before long. After all they are the Ying to Celtic’s yan, and you can’t have one without the other.

Frankly treat them like Gretna they had some guy who felt he could do no wrong, and who eventually destroyed the club. Gretna were asked for a financial commitment to the following seasons fixtures and when they couldn’t put that in place the where relegated to the 3rd division. Where they decided not to play.

I’m looking forward to watching the SPL, the SFA and the SFL all tie their rules in knots or to issue emergency rule changes to keep Rangers or whatever they become in the SPL. However UFEA will be watching and they have already punished an Italian team for similar shenanigans. So if that punishment was not enough to deter, the next one will need to be harsher. Maybe the whole of Scottish football banned from European tournaments, some will think it’s a price worth paying

Excellent post.

I actually felt a smidgen of sympathy last night, for a nano second, and thn came back to my senses and remember the way this club, and the other lot, have spent their existence looking down their noses at other teams and being ****ing smirking ****s when doing it too.

**** them

Bangers

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Excellent post.

I actually felt a smidgen of sympathy last night, for a nano second, and thn came back to my senses and remember the way this club, and the other lot, have spent their existence looking down their noses at other teams and being ****ing smirking ****s when doing it too.

**** them

Bangers

My feelings exactly, well not quite, I felt NO sympathy at all, but your right **** them.

( that'll be me a bigot again then)

Archived