Dundee Players Released - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee Players Released

Ton14

Mickael Antoine-Curier, Eric Paton, Njazi Kuqi, Paul McHale, Scott Fox, Colin McMenamin, Charlie Grant and Brian Kerr have been told to leave.

And at least two more players could have their contracts terminated.

I thought they might of been allowed permission like Portsmouth last season to try and sell players that are worth selling, ie Griffiths and Harkins. They'll be away in January I presume.

Who would you take out of the released players?

Cue Backlash!

Mickael Antoine-Curier, Eric Paton, Njazi Kuqi, Paul McHale, Scott Fox, Colin McMenamin, Charlie Grant and Brian Kerr have been told to leave.

I thought they might of been allowed permission like Portsmouth last season to try and sell players that are worth selling, ie Griffiths and Harkins. They'll be away in January I presume.

Thats probably why Griffiths and Harkins haven't been let go.

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."

I think they're overvaluing the market if they think they'll get a fee for Harkins.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

"Douglas ,Irvine, Weston, Lockwood, Harkins, Griffiths, Riley, Forsyth, Higgins, O'donnell, Mckeown and Witteveen all staying"

First team pretty much safe then. Fuckers.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Think thats slightly unfair on him although I dont think they would be talking about hundreds of thousands in fees.

Don't think it is at all. Under normal circumstances they'd not be letting Harkins go for nothing but potential suitors will be all too aware how desperate they are to get such a high earner off the wage bill.

"Douglas ,Irvine, Weston, Lockwood, Harkins, Griffiths, Riley, Forsyth, Higgins, O'donnell, Mckeown and Witteveen all staying"

Good news for us though as, as Tonsilitis pointed out on the other thread, we could do with them getting a result against Stirling tomorrow. The cull will continue over the next few weeks and bigger names will go, of that there is no doubt.

Eric Paton was a pretty useful full back when he was at QoS. Not sure how old he is but might be worth at least consideration.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I would take Curier, top player I say

Agreed. MAC would be an epic signing. Sadly I think he'll get better offers.

Eric Paton was a pretty useful full back when he was at QoS. Not sure how old he is but might be worth at least consideration.

32, still worth a go.

EOho8Pw.png

Wouldn't touch Colin McMenamin with a bargepole.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think they're overvaluing the market if they think they'll get a fee for Harkins.

not their original fee but you are being harsh hes one of the best players in the division

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

not their original fee but you are being harsh hes one of the best players in the division

But he's not a young talent and is unproven at any higher level. Rumour mill says Hamilton for 30k which would be very generous IMO.

Good news for us though as, as Tonsilitis pointed out on the other thread, we could do with them getting a result against Stirling tomorrow. The cull will continue over the next few weeks and bigger names will go, of that there is no doubt.

Exactly, by the time we play them again all they will have left is a youth team if they exist at all.

I'd take Eric Paton, Paul McHale and Brian Kerr from that lot. Unfortunately, I doubt we could a) afford them or b ) fit them into the team as there are already players in similar positions.

In terms of ability, Antoine-Curier would be a good singing, but he doesn't seem to motivated playing at First Division level.

Not far off the team that played against us two weeks ago:

Douglas

Irvine McKeown Adams Lockwood

Riley Kerr O'Donnell Harkins

Griffiths Witteveen

Brian Kerr and Jamie Adams are the only players from that starting XI not to survive, and Adams was only on loan anyway.

Archived