Uefa Cup Final - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Uefa Cup Final

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlucky, best team won by far.

Unlucky nothing, they were gash and deserved it.

Could almost hear the panic when they scored...they really knew they were beat then.

I feel sorry for Kris Boyd, good player kept out because of such negative tactics!!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

The better team won by a mile.

Had to mute the telly in the build up a few times cos they kept talking to that cnut Jardine.

First half was absolutely awful - the worst since Valencia beat Arsenal on penalties in the early 80s.

After the break the **** still refused to play any football until a good 10 minutes after they fell behind. Second goal was on the cards and no-one could complain about the final score.

Dreadful stuff to watch - I'm gutted that I saw this one, yet a parent's evening next week stops me from seeing the Champions League final. <_>

Edit - and what the feck was Archie McPherson thinking when he said that thousands of bouncing **** made the ground feel like an earthquake? Given the events in China is has to be the most insensitive thing he could have said!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

f***in sick hearing all this anti football s***e.

Scotland, our population being the size it is, is finding it harder and harder to continue to compete with football-orientated countries that have massive pools of players. Disagree? Pick the best Scotland players of the past decade and they won't, on paper, be as good as some of the foreign teams out there.

At club level, you only have to look to England to see the differences between our SPL and the Premiership. The money getting thrown about down there is rediculous, something we could only dream of up here. Even Rangers and Celtic, despite dominating the SPL and drawing the biggest crowds (some might say unnaturally), can't spend that sort of money without putting themselves into massive debt.

Alot of people forget just how bad Rangers were last season, and to go from the dross that they were to being involved in a quadruple up until tonight, is a fantastic achievement. So how is it any disgrace to Scottish football to play 'negative football' and grind out a result? Above, someone mentioned the two victories against France, and Greece winning the Euro playing defensively. That's their game plan, and if it works and brings them success, it's tactically, good football.

But aye, I agree, better team won tonight and Rangers can't have any complaints.

Could almost hear the panic when they scored...they really knew they were beat then.

I feel sorry for Kris Boyd, good player kept out because of such negative tactics!!

Wrong. Kris Boyd can't get near the Rangers team due to his fondness for Coke.

Note to Boyds lawyer: The 'C' in Coke is upper case.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

f***in sick hearing all this anti football s***e.

Scotland, our population being the size it is, is finding it harder and harder to continue to compete with football-orientated countries that have massive pools of players. Disagree? Pick the best Scotland players of the past decade and they won't, on paper, be as good as some of the foreign teams out there.

At club level, you only have to look to England to see the differences between our SPL and the Premiership. The money getting thrown about down there is rediculous, something we could only dream of up here. Even Rangers and Celtic, despite dominating the SPL and drawing the biggest crowds (some might say unnaturally), can't spend that sort of money without putting themselves into massive debt.

Alot of people forget just how bad Rangers were last season, and to go from the dross that they were to being involved in a quadruple up until tonight, is a fantastic achievement. So how is it any disgrace to Scottish football to play 'negative football' and grind out a result? Above, someone mentioned the two victories against France, and Greece winning the Euro playing defensively. That's their game plan, and if it works and brings them success, it's tactically, good football.

But aye, I agree, better team won tonight and Rangers can't have any complaints.

It was JonaTon and myself that used that argument, but only to point out that it's not a disgrace to defend and sneak a result. Backing up your point, not disagreeing with it.

Guest GibbyTON

Is that not a contradiction? :P

In what way were they unlucky? ;)

Because they got to a final, they were unlucky, unless because you are from the other side of their divide <_<

Guest GibbyTON
:lol:

And why would I have to be on either side of the divide?

I'm a Ton fan mate. :rolleyes:

Was i referring to that CHC. C'mon :P

By the way, looking more into that scotlandspeople.org tonight. Got my brother hooked on it now even though before he didnt have an interest. Maybe reduce my costs :rolleyes:

Was i referring to that CHC. C'mon :P

By the way, looking more into that scotlandspeople.org tonight. Got my brother hooked on it now even though before he didnt have an interest. Maybe reduce my costs :rolleyes:

:lol:

I worked out tonight I've spend over 200 quid this year alone on searches and document downloads, so if you can split the costs that's a smart move!

Unfortunately for me I'm the only one interested in family genealogy.

Archived