Uefa Cup Final - Page 5 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Uefa Cup Final

Guest GibbyTON
:lol:

I worked out tonight I've spend over 200 quid this year alone on searches and document downloads, so if you can split the costs that's a smart move!

Unfortunately for me I'm the only one interested in family genealogy.

I spent around 120 up until end July last year more or less just before my mum passed away. I did though manage to find my Gran's grave though in the Cemetery for my mum as my Gran passed away back in the late 30's during childbirth. That alone made me happy finding that. A Jobe done as they say but plenty more to do. Hopefully the rest of the family can get interetsed.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GibbyTON
...implied, joked, whatever

They got beat...and I'm pleased :D

Ye need to get a life wee man

The thing is though, there is a difference between playing a defensive pressing game with 2 banks of 4 but looking to create chances on the break - "fire and passion" or whatever it was Berti Vogts' said at one stage - and lining 9 men along the 6 yard box, which is what Rangers do.

Rangers don't press the opposition in midfield and try to hold them as far away from their own goal, they don't push a couple of bodies forward when they win the ball in an attempt to counter attack. When the other team has the ball, they merely drop deeper and deeper as a solid line until they are camped inside their box, and simply sit there. When they win the ball, your lucky if one guy charges on to support the lone striker, and it's a long time before more numbers finally go forward cautiously. They don't counter-attack, they just see out the game and hope that a chance will somehow come comes their way. Messi was 100% when he called it "anti-football".

I think they difference in the styles is perfectly shown in the two Scotland games against France. At Hampden we rode our luck and managed to steal a goal and win. In Paris, we fought for every ball, made chances whilst limiting France's, and deservedly won the game.

There is nothing wrong with playing a strong, pressing game - in fact, when it's done well it can be fascinating to watch.

The way that that Rangers' team play is a disgrace to football, plain and simple. It's all about stopping goals, not about scoring them. They deserve bugger all.

Oh - and considering at the start they were all waving Union Flags...don't try and tell me they were representing Scotland.

AWMSC

Guest GibbyTON
The way that that Rangers' team play is a disgrace to football

Eanie, i usually enjoy reading your posts, but how the f*** is it a disgrace to Scottish Football. They got to a Euro Final.

If that is a disgrace then we are all f***ed being Morton fans

Guest GibbyTON
My days at the moment consist of studying with the odd bagpipe practice. I even only had one drink at the games on Sunday. I have no life the now...leave me alone :(

Well get more practice done on the chanter ;)

Eanie, i usually enjoy reading your posts, but how the f*** is it a disgrace to Scottish Football. They got to a Euro Final.

If that is a disgrace then we are all f***ed being Morton fans

Football/Scottish football, whatever.

I couldn't really care less if Rangers were from Scotland or from Swaziland, it makes no odds. I feel no connection whatsoever with them just because they happen to be from the same couple of hundred square miles of land as me. A team that employs tactics like that succeeding is bad news for everyone. What if Motherwell and Hibs decide next season "well bugger this football malarkey, let's just have 9 men in the box and hope for the best"? If teams start succeeding by deploying "anti-football" then other teams will give up trying to play any sort of attractive football too, and it'll eventually kill football as a spectator sport. Besides, Rangers winning and getting more money benefits who in Scotland, exactly? All that will happen is they will further tighten the duopoly held by them and their Glasgow counter-parts and the other teams will fall further behind. Rangers and Celtic succeeding is good for only Rangers and Celtic.

Step one in trying to force teams to actually try to score a goal - scrap the away goals ruling, its a sham.

AWMSC

Guest GibbyTON
Football/Scottish football, whatever.

I couldn't really care less if Rangers were from Scotland or from Swaziland, it makes no odds. I feel no connection whatsoever with them just because they happen to be from the same couple of hundred square miles of land as me. A team that employs tactics like that succeeding is bad news for everyone. What if Motherwell and Hibs decide next season "well bugger this football malarkey, let's just have 9 men in the box and hope for the best"? If teams start succeeding by deploying "anti-football" then other teams will give up trying to play any sort of attractive football too, and it'll eventually kill football as a spectator sport. Besides, Rangers winning and getting more money benefits who in Scotland, exactly? All that will happen is they will further tighten the duopoly held by them and their Glasgow counter-parts and the other teams will fall further behind. Rangers and Celtic succeeding is good for only Rangers and Celtic.

Step one in trying to force teams to actually try to score a goal - scrap the away goals ruling, its a sham.

I might actually be able to understand you, i mean, Morton have been playing anti football for the majority of last season

I'm fed up of up here especially in Aberdeen with the fact I wanted Rangers to win being called a **** for it! I wanted them to win because their a scottish team alot of the players who played for rangers tonight were scottish and ultimately that will turn out great for bedding players into the national team. Also I dunno about just getting to the final but lifting the cup would have done or co-efficient from uefa good, even doing better than just counteracting the effect QoS would have on ruining our co-efficient from uefa. (though if it was Morton in the uefa cup I really wouldnae be complaining!)

I support any of our clubs in Europe even extending it to English teams as well Its great theres two english teams in the champions league final. If it was St Mirren in the UEFA cup or Champions league final I would be cheering them on as well!

Also I dunno about just getting to the final but lifting the cup would have done or co-efficient from uefa good,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never understood that, who actually gives a f*** about that s*** other than the Scottish media looking towards their next comps??

Rangers finally got what they were due. Playing incredibly negative football to get to a final is one thing, to not have a plan B that doesn't involve riding your luck is rediculous.

Smith should be slaughtered for tonight.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Guest GibbyTON
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never understood that, who actually gives a f*** about that s*** other than the Scottish media looking towards their next comps??

Rangers finally got what they were due. Playing incredibly negative football to get to a final is one thing, to not have a plan B that doesn't involve riding your luck is rediculous.

Smith should be slaughtered for tonight.

Yawn, they got there, teams like us will never get there, so like it or lump it ;)

Yawn, they got there, teams like us will never get there, so like it or lump it ;)

Bollox.

If you want to defend that brand of football that's up to you.

Fact is it's a disgrace to the game, whatever level we support we all love the same thing, football.

I had visions of Rangers repeating the Red Star triumphs of the late 80's but tonight for once football won, like it or lump it ;)

Guest GibbyTON
Bollox.

If you want to defend that brand of football that's up to you.

Fact is it's a disgrace to the game, whatever level we support we all love the same thing, football.

I had visions of Rangers repeating the Red Star triumphs of the late 80's but tonight for once football won, like it or lump it ;)

Football will always be like that at times, a Scottish team got there, will be a long time again until any other scottish team get's there, like it or lump it. ;)

One thing for sure, we wont be one of them :(

Football will always be like that at times, a Scottish team got there, will be a long time again until any other scottish team get's there, like it or lump it. ;)

One thing for sure, we wont be one of them :(

Apologist.

For shame :P

Archived