so72

New Kit Launched

So, are we going to announce this new kit (or the other random design in the weekly update video) or just randomly post pictures of it? 

Do we even know if it's an away kit or a third kit yet? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

6 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

So, are we going to announce this new kit (or the other random design in the weekly update video) or just randomly post pictures of it? 

Do we even know if it's an away kit or a third kit yet? 

We know nothing. With how often it's been shown though, surely has to be something in it.

Bantz if not though.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

We know nothing. With how often it's been shown though, surely has to be something in it.

Bantz if not though.

Trolling the whole Morton support with a new kit that can't be bought would be ultimate patter. 

No doubt we will have a pre-match launch before the Getafe friendly. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Very Morton to run a teaser campaign parading a strip, then show a computer generated graphic of a different strip. 

Now was the prototype wrong from the initial graphic or have they changed it since the prototype? And which one will they reveal.

I look forward to seeing the announcement on Thursday showing our brand new all turquoise shirt.

1) I like the Est. 1874 concept but the color is all wrong on this kit and the text is too thin and indistinct. They should consider another go at this.

2) If there's a version of this without the sponsor I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

Have to say I do quite like the top in the recent tweet! 

Same here. Darker blue, dece looking texture effect, colours of the badge and sponsor look good, collar and trim sharper.

The finished article will not look like that or the one Oliver was wearing though, will it?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

26 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Same here. Darker blue, dece looking texture effect, colours of the badge and sponsor look good, collar and trim sharper.

The finished article will not look like that or the one Oliver was wearing though, will it?

Yeah expect that texture to be non-existent, or printed on.

Looks more like supporters day gear.

Maybe we a launching a sports wear collection.

Looks good.

13 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Yeah expect that texture to be non-existent, or printed on.

The digital mock up on Twitter looks like it was made on a template from Yellow Images (same things Gavin and I use). The textures are part of the file layers rather than the design itself. I’d be surprised if any released kit is at all different from the one seen previously on Oliver.

The yellow kit was intended to have a textured jacquard material with horizontal lines in it and a separate sewn in blue chest panel, but the final piece instead had the two shades of yellow and blue band sublimated, which was a shame. Less expensive to make, though.

Edited by Pedrodelawasp

1 hour ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

The digital mock up on Twitter looks like it was made on a template from Yellow Images (same things Gavin and I use). The textures are part of the file layers rather than the design itself. I’d be surprised if any released kit is at all different from the one seen previously on Oliver.

The yellow kit was intended to have a textured jacquard material with horizontal lines in it and a separate sewn in blue chest panel, but the final piece instead had the two shades of yellow and blue band sublimated, which was a shame. Less expensive to make, though.

Aye, the problem with using those graphics for more than just concept stage.

No idea why Morton reverted to one of those when they have been showing an actual kit.

Hope there is a big quality difference between the actual kit and the prototype Oliver has been wearing because it looks crap.

53 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye, the problem with using those graphics for more than just concept stage.

No idea why Morton reverted to one of those when they have been showing an actual kit.

Hope there is a big quality difference between the actual kit and the prototype Oliver has been wearing because it looks crap.

I think/hope the problem with that was it being one or two sizes too big for him and having just been taken out of the packet.

I quite like the monochrome versions of club crests on Away kits that tie in to the overall colour scheme.

F3EB5341-42D1-4C75-BC56-B9B21515873C.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Scott said:

Sponsor spoils what would’ve been a great kit IMO. 

😂 

As expected, different from the prototype and different from yesterday's graphic. Oh Morton.

Are we keeping the yellow as the away kit then if that's being called the 3rd kit?

"Designed for the Club by Manager, David Hopkin and CEO, Dave MacKinnon, this new blue kit has been an instant hit on the Greenock Morton Social Media pages and is expected to be a popular purchase among the ‘Ton support."

I think you will find that today is the first time any of us have actually seen this kit.Screenshot_20200819-133513_Chrome.jpg