What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 356 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Guest David Edwards
Been recently listening to:

Tashaki Miyaki - Tashaki Miyaki

American Stars n' Bars - Neil Young

The Stone Roses - Crimson Tonight

Third / Sister Lovers - Big Star

Person Pitch - Panda Bear

Bob Dylan (1st album) - Bob Dylan

Another Green World - Brian Eno

Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen

13 - Teenage Fanclub

Forty Five E.P - The Happy Mondays

That's an album that I just can't keep from playing, if only to hear Dylan at his country blues best on 'Baby Let Me Follow You Down'. Even though he ripped it off from Eric Von Schmidt (who 'adapted' it from Rev Gary Davis who 'took' it from Blind Boy Fuller) Dylan's version sounds like an original. The guitar and harp intro is a lesson in itself, just sublime, and then the lyric delivery is something else altogether.

'I'll do anything in this god-almighty world if you just let me follow you down'. Superb.

That's an album that I just can't keep from playing, if only to hear Dylan at his country blues best on 'Baby Let Me Follow You Down'. Even though he ripped it off from Eric Von Schmidt (who 'adapted' it from Rev Gary Davis who 'took' it from Blind Boy Fuller) Dylan's version sounds like an original. The guitar and harp intro is a lesson in itself, just sublime, and then the lyric delivery is something else altogether.

'I'll do anything in this god-almighty world if you just let me follow you down'. Superb.

Classic song.

It's the opener that hits you right between the eyes: 'You're No Good'. In 1 min 38 seconds, Dylan says everything he needs to say and still has time to blow a few notes on the harp. 'You're the kind of woman that drives a man insaaaane.' Genius.

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started with some vino..............

Brother Ali - Forest Whitiker

Goblin - Connexion

Rodriguez - Sugar Man

Bob Dylan - Tell Me, Momma

Finished off and ready for seconds...

head's spinning

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

The Twang - love it when i feel like this.

I downloaded this about 3 years ago & for some reason never listened to it, I put it on my phone about 3 days ago & i've been listening to it pretty much non stop & i have to say it's a belter.

It's a pleasant surprise when you stumble upon an album you really like but annoying that i've had it for so long without realising.

The future just ain't what it used to be

The Twang - love it when i feel like this.

I downloaded this about 3 years ago & for some reason never listened to it, I put it on my phone about 3 days ago & i've been listening to it pretty much non stop & i have to say it's a belter.

It's a pleasant surprise when you stumble upon an album you really like but annoying that i've had it for so long without realising.

The Twang are outstanding. Their second album is also really good.

lsG_6KJTt40&feature=related

The Twang are outstanding. Their second album is also really good.

lsG_6KJTt40&feature=related

I'll be checking that album out on spotify over the next few days.

My favorite new album is the vaccines - come of age, another cracker.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be checking that album out on spotify over the next few days.

My favorite new album is the vaccines - come of age, another cracker.

Is that any good? Really liked the first album, and saw them on tour. But haven't been that impressed by the new stuff I've heard.

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Is that any good? Really liked the first album, and saw them on tour. But haven't been that impressed by the new stuff I've heard.

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks

I'm presuming you mean the vaccines ?

My opinion is that come of age is better than the 1st one, but what i will say is that it was a 'grower', took me a few listens to really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...