Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (6th January) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (6th January)

Mullen's firmly established as our number one now down to being better at the basics of goalkeeping, but the distribution is so useful for us as well. Having the option to use your goalkeeper to start attacks with passes like that makes such a difference.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Looking at the highlights, I was struck by how successfully we are using Mullen's kicking ability.  The first goal was an assist from Garrity but he initially got the ball from a long kick out by Mullen; the third goal was the very definition of route 1, with Mullen launching a superb clearance that Oakley made the most of.  Mullen seems to be able to launch the ball in a low flat trajectory that makes it more difficult for defenders to deal with than is the case with a high looping clearance.  The defenders don't have time to position themselves for a header.  Seems to be a fairly effective tactic for us.

It’s a refreshing change after watching Schwake struggle to routinely hit the half way line last season. 

Mullen has been great since he returned from injury and has been pivotal to our recent good form. 

• Upvote 1

I assume this is EBITDA? They've made a 2.8m loss just off regular club business, that being mitigated by a one-off of "disposal of player registrations" (a posh way of saying transfer fees)?

That's utterly incredible. Premiership TV rights, annually, wouldn't plug that gap. And remember, even 12th in the Premiership gets prize money of well over 1m. 

Honestly, given that the prize money for 1st in our division is about half of that of 12th in the league above, teams can be forgiven for cutting their cloth in the top flight.

Or they can just do what "thuh Urubs" do and spend millions on absolute dross and gamble on going back up. Also an option!

EOho8Pw.png

22 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Mullen's firmly established as our number one now 

Is Jamie MacDonald injured again? On the bench for the last 3 games in December then disappeared again for the last 2 games.

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Is Jamie MacDonald injured again? On the bench for the last 3 games in December then disappeared again for the last 2 games.

I'd be fully in favour of trying to get MacDonald off the books and bringing in a player on a lesser wage to deputise for Mullen for the rest of the season. I'd imagine MacDonald is quite a high earner so if we can use it to benefit us in other positions I'd be all for it. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!