Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton

Admin

Ayr 2-0 up at ICT.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Wilson. Could do with Oliver on for him now, we need a bit more composure in possession.

Aye, if you're a defensive midfielder your job is composure and he just didn't have it. Granted he looked gutted with himself but still, need to do better. Get Oliver oan.

That was a penalty, simple as that. It would have been ridiculous to give away from Accies but that doesn't change the fact that Lawson had his arm out in an unnatural position and the ball struck it in the box.

EOho8Pw.png

Co commentator is harmless enough but he has talked so much pish all game. Just accused gozie of running down the clock with an injury 😂

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

ICT 1-2 Ayr

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

10 minutes ago, Scapaflow said:

Wilson might be great in future but wtf he is well off the pace shouldnhave been off before Blues or Lyon

Not at the game today, but reports of 'questionable' changes during the  game doesn't surprise me given the caretaker spell after McPherson. It was like they were sitting in the blind toaster room instead of watching the match at times..

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, dunning1874 said:

The only explanation for the subs today is Andy Millen trying to give MacPherson a more favourable record in comparison to Imrie.

Saw a coach on the stream talking in to a device so I'd imagine Dougie decided every single change that was made. Couple of digs at Millen now on the thread for no reason.

Imrie got it wrong today but he played the team we've been crying out for past couple of games and a lot of the players had poor games. 

We were always going to lose and it was a nothing game with one lapse I concentration costing us. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Just now, TheGoon said:

If that is us without Imrie’s presence in the dugout, we are in all sorts of bother again.

This is a worrying thing. It’s evident that Imrie’s presence and personality are a big part of his job, and it’s a little troubling how much we looked more like Gus’ team without him on the sidelines. It’s only one game and it’s be a stretch to read too much into that, but we need a reaction next time out.

AWMSC

32 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Care to tell me where?......you do understand he's curtailed ?

He was with the squad all week and until 75 minutes before kick off, sat in the stands communicating with the bench telling them changes he wanted made. 

Barring a rousing any given Sunday half time team talk and/or barking instructions at players mid match theres nothing that changed. To blame any of the coaching staff for standing in the sidelines is way off the mark in my opinion and Imrie despite being our Lord and saviour isn't above criticism (not that I even think there was much he could have done differently given the performance of the players just that the direction of criticism from some if its deserved is almost entirely misplaced) 

32.gif

Archived