Commercial Activity - Page 102 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

12 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Yikes that’s a bit steep. Heard last years event was a great success, however feel this year the price will put a lot of people off, myself included. Especially given the fact we face Inverness away the night before too.

Doesn’t seem great value for money either considering it’s a paid bar at the event too.

The pricing is out-with the reach of most 'ordinary' fans especially for those that require to hire for a black tie event. Fair enough if you are targeting a 'commercial' market but an end of year awards event should be for all.

16 minutes ago, Toby said:

I saw someone saying the price has doubled this year! 

Individual £50, table of 10 £450.

Individual £99 plus VAT, table of 10 £990 plus VAT.

That sounds outrageous. Firstly, they should be stating the price inclusive of VAT as most folk won’t be VAT-registered and so won’t be able to recover the VAT.   Secondly unless the event has been seriously upgraded since last year, a price increase of around 140% is indefensible. I know they want to make a profit but at those prices I can’t see many takers.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

8 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Looks like they've made a quick adjustment already. £99 plus VAT changed to £99 inc VAT.

A step in the right direction but still tone deaf to many fans in Inverclyde who are experiencing a cost of living crisis. I remain to be convinced this is the right message to be sending out for a fan owned club.

Just seen the event is now no longer black tie. I can only assume the pushback to the original proposal has required a response.

Edited by HamCam

Two climb downs in 24 hours - first the dinner is reduced from £99 plus VAT to £99 including VAT, and now changed from black tie to formal. 

Add that to the “unforeseen circumstances” for delaying the AGM and things don’t appear to be going too well at Cappielow.

Does nobody check things before they go public?

I wonder if the unforeseen circumstances surrounding the rescheduling of the AGM were that the notice was provided to shareholders on 19th March, which is less than the required 14 days notice required for a 28th March meeting.

I may be wrong, as my knowledge of company law is somewhat limited, but I believe the new date of the AGM now falls out with the required ten month timescale from the date of the accounts, which would have been 31st May 2023.

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Honestly I don't think black tie was unreasonable for the club's 150th anniversay.

It's not the 150th anniversary Gala Dinner though.

That's pencilled in for October.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

It's not the 150th anniversary Gala Dinner though.

That's pencilled in for October.

Fair point. I'd completely forgotten that, in fact.

That should be black tie imvho.

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Honestly I don't think black tie was unreasonable for the club's 150th anniversay.

6 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Fair point. I'd completely forgotten that, in fact.

That should be black tie imvho.

The average Morton supporter would normally only wear a black tie for a funeral though.

Smart dress should be sufficient for these kind of things.

*insert signature here*

4 hours ago, capitanus said:

The average Morton supporter would normally only wear a black tie for a funeral though.

It's 150 years, rent one if you have to or nip to Tesco, I'm sure they do them for well under a hundred.

EOho8Pw.png

On 3/21/2024 at 10:20 AM, TRVMP said:

Just ordered a sack full of tat. International shipping is a flat rate of 20 quid so I loaded in more stuff to make it 'worth it'. Had I not seen this I wouldn't have done it. I have personally funded the George Oakley extension.

A mere six days later everything is here.

I will say the polo shirt is acceptable but not the best quality. The badge is reverse-sewn and the FC bit looks slightly dodgy as others have pointed out. It's thin material and feels very artificial. However, if you want to support the club, there's nothing wrong with it. Just don't expect bespoke craftsmanship.

The rest of the tat is fine, if clearly high-margin (for example the actual magnet on the fridge magnet is tiny and I reckon a stiff breeze would knock if off the fridge) and again if your aim is to support the club I recommend it, but if you're looking for top-quality items to last a lifetime, this isn't it.

EOho8Pw.png

12 hours ago, TRVMP said:

It's 150 years, rent one if you have to or nip to Tesco, I'm sure they do them for well under a hundred.

Is that what we have to reduce ourselves to if we are having a 150 year knees-up?  Sitting about in Tesco clobber?  :lol:

Seriously, Fuck that.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

17 hours ago, capitanus said:

Dressing smart pisses me right off. On that basis Hitler would be welcomed with open arms whilst Jesus would be told to bolt! Same shit at hospitality....what is wrong with society??

12 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Oh aye.....100 bucs for the night plus bevvy and you want people to pay another 100 to dress "smart". What a pile of shit.

• Upvote 1