New Catering - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Catering

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Groundhoppers" are absolute wrong 'uns, and the only pie-related innovation that should be extended their way involves broken glass.

Supporters of other clubs who may wish to take in a random game across the border etc. I've done it plenty of times myself over the years.

Good Food and Refreshments, A good pub with a decent pint nearby, train station nearby, A quality matchday programme, fair admission prices, ease of access, decent surroundings to watch the game etc. All make for a good matchday experience.

We tick the boxes in many respects - Cappielow is the quintessential pre-Hillsborough Football ground oozing with charm but there are so many things we've managed to fuck right up in recent times.

*insert signature here*

Supporters of other clubs who may wish to take in a random game across the border etc. I've done it plenty of times myself over the years.

Good Food and Refreshments, A good pub with a decent pint nearby, train station nearby, A quality matchday programme, fair admission prices, ease of access, decent surroundings to watch the game etc. All make for a good matchday experience.

We tick the boxes in many respects - Cappielow is the quintessential pre-Hillsborough Football ground oozing with charm but there are so many things we've managed to fuck right up in recent times.

A good matchday experience is something all fans want. Why would the club put any effort into keeping a tiny number of non-fan weirdos from the north of England happy?

Immaculate is stretching it a bit. Its just a white bench.

immaculate

/ɪˈmakjʊlət/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

perfectly clean, neat, or tidy.

"an immaculate white suit"

Similar:

clean

spotless

pristine

unsoiled

unstained

unsullied

speckless

ultra-clean

whiter than white

snowy white

lily white

shining

shiny

gleaming

neat

tidy

neat and tidy

spick and span

neat as a new pin

squeaky clean

as clean as a whistle

perfect

mint

as good as new

flawless

faultless

without blemish

unblemished

unimpaired

unspoiled

undamaged

unmarred

excellent

impeccable

prime

peak

tip-top

A1

Opposite:

dirty

grubby

bad

damaged

BOTANY•ZOOLOGY

uniformly coloured without spots or other marks.

Where was I wrong?

Had a steak pie yesterday.  It was excellent.  Still to try the Killie, sorry, Cappielow pie.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Are the steak pies from the new supplier, or the same one they had before?

From the new supplier. To be honest, they're a bit Meh, but the ordinary Scotch Pies are lovely. I would be really surprised if we didn't get a mention in the Football Pie awards this year.

The first game of the season I was a few minutes late going in and walked by the Pie Stall and there was nobody queueing so I asked for one of their new Pies. It's called a 'Cappielow Pie' the lassie proudly told me. 'Aye, okay one of them please' the she produced out of nowhere this immaculate looking pie and said '£2.50' 'WHIT!?!' It was so fucking exorbitant that I thought I'd boarded a McGill's Bus.

Anyway, they fucking seen me coming that day. ETA: The Pie is the Pie, and the Steak Pie is the Steak Pie. None of this 'It's called the Cappielow Pie' nonsense to fleece the unsuspecting punters. We're still recovering from them not being £1.50 anymore.

*insert signature here*

A good matchday experience is something all fans want. Why would the club put any effort into keeping a tiny number of non-fan weirdos from the north of England happy?

It would be a good advert for the club overall. These are the type of folk who speak to others and tell of their experiences and if word spreads around that Cappielow is a good place to visit then more people will come. If it attracts an extra few hundred folk per season through the turnstile then it's well worth the effort.

*insert signature here*

It would be a good advert for the club overall. These are the type of folk who speak to others and tell of their experiences and if word spreads around that Cappielow is a good place to visit then more people will come. If it attracts an extra few hundred folk per season through the turnstile then it's well worth the effort.

We'd be lucky if it attracted 50 odd over a season.

We'd be lucky if it attracted 50 odd over a season.

okay then, let's not bother our arse doing anything or suggest anything that will improve the match day experience for regular or occasional attendees. Let's just fleece and piss off our captive audience and everyone else can go fuck themselves.

Oh, and bring a friend.

*insert signature here*

okay then, let's not bother our arse doing anything or suggest anything that will improve the match day experience for regular or occasional attendees. Let's just fleece and piss off our captive audience and everyone else can go fuck themselves.

Oh, and bring a friend.

The first thing should be making the main audience happy instead of the single figure extra tourists a pie will get to come to games.

The first thing should be making the main audience happy instead of the single figure extra tourists a pie will get to come to games.

The mantra of the past twenty years has been 'bring a friend', making the place a good value proposition would be the first part of that.

You're singling out the Pies - the catering forms part of the bigger picture - as are various other components for the perfect day out. Kilmarnock enjoyed the reputation of being a good away day in the eyes of many for almost two decades as a result of 'the Killie Pie'. That pie is ours now, we just need to put pressure on the makers to rebrand it properly and drop the Kilmarnock crap.

Also, I think that you're seriously underestimating the football day trip audience, even locally, when supporters of other teams aren't playing (inc. the obvious two) then there is a small but not insignificant uplift in crowds of other teams. Even if it meant an increase of 1500 extra over the course of the season (which isn't unrealistic) then it's the equivalent of an extra league game in revenue, which mean extra funds for players etc.

It's not a futile exercise - if people enjoy it they'll come back and also tell others.

*insert signature here*

The mantra of the past twenty years has been 'bring a friend', making the place a good value proposition would be the first part of that.

You're singling out the Pies - the catering forms part of the bigger picture - as are various other components for the perfect day out. Kilmarnock enjoyed the reputation of being a good away day in the eyes of many for almost two decades as a result of 'the Killie Pie'. That pie is ours now, we just need to put pressure on the makers to rebrand it properly and drop the Kilmarnock crap.

Also, I think that you're seriously underestimating the football day trip audience, even locally, when supporters of other teams aren't playing (inc. the obvious two) then there is a small but not insignificant uplift in crowds of other teams. Even if it meant an increase of 1500 extra over the course of the season (which isn't unrealistic) then it's the equivalent of an extra league game in revenue, which mean extra funds for players etc.

It's not a futile exercise - if people enjoy it they'll come back and also tell others.

There's no way a team in our league will get 1500 'tourists'.

I hightly doubt that whatever we do get would be changed much if we had better facilities or if was easier to get a ticket either.

It's not impossible to get a windfall if you get featured on a big Facebook group, or even in the print magazines which some countries have about the hobby (I know the UK and Germany both have them; others probably do as well.) But it's a fool's errand to treat this as an end in itself. The lifeblood of Morton is its local community and its week-in, week-out fans. Make something good for them and the benefits may well ripple outwards, but trying to catch the groundhopping lightning in a bottle is a waste of time.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived