alloa v morton - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

alloa v morton

beetee

I don't think there's anything about our squad which justifies a toys-out-the-pram reaction here. We're a mediocre side getting mediocre results (league record 7/7/7) and can't expect to be able to batter any team in this league.

If you'd offered me 6 points from Alloa, County and Partick I'd have taken it.

Bollocks. There's two things a manager can be judged on: either he gets the best from his team and makes it more than the sum of its parts, or he wildly exceeds expectations by hook or by crook.

Johansson is making a monstrous cunt of it on both fronts. No excuses. I've said it before, but if Morton have notions of being a credible title challenger at any point ever, this abiding acceptance of absolute shiteness needs binned. If we're tolerating decades of failure so lightly, we'd be as well just going part-time and charging £10 a whip in the seaside leagues rather than wasting everybody's money every week.

AWMSC

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would Cammy Bell have done?

A: Far better than the absolute dud we signed in the summer, who shelled 9/10 kicks out of play, anchored himself to the line at almost every cross ball, should have given away a penalty with a misplaced punch that landed on an Alloa player and then came off his line at a glacial pace to give away the penalty, And then fucked it up at the winning goal. Among many poor performances, his was simply disgraceful.

Bryn Halliwell would have done better, never mind Bell.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Bollocks. There's two things a manager can be judged on: either he gets the best from his team and makes it more than the sum of its parts, or he wildly exceeds expectations by hook or by crook.

Johansson is making a monstrous **** of it on both fronts. No excuses. I've said it before, but if Morton have notions of being a credible title challenger at any point ever, this abiding acceptance of absolute s***eness needs binned. If we're tolerating decades of failure so lightly, we'd be as well just going part-time and charging £10 a whip in the seaside leagues rather than wasting everybody's money every week.

Correct. We’re just as turgid now as we were at Falkirk a month ago. Our attacking play has no plan to it whatsoever - it’s based entirely on improvisation, with forwards who aren’t good enough to fashion chances on their own. For a former international forward that is a damning indictment after four months in the job: he quite simply isn’t a competent coach. The sooner that the club cuts its losses then the better; he’s not going to sign his way out of being a dung manager with us at this level.

There’ll be the occasional respite of a decent result but there is no chance of this succeeding in the long term.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The absolute stick the manager gets whilst individuals make ridiculous mistakes, week in - week out; laughable.

This. We have some of the worst forwards in the league, error-prone fullbacks and both of our keepers can't find a man even 50% of the time. Folk are hounding the manager because we're not playing Dortmund football - it's nonsense.

The absolute stick the manager gets whilst individuals make ridiculous mistakes, week in - week out; laughable.

Out of his depth. If Dylan Dykes is the calibre of player we're looking at, we're absolutely fucked going into the summer window ahead of next season.

He's brought absolutely no style our identity of his own to the equation

TIME FOR CHANGE!

What’s laughable is that once again we mustered one meaningful shot on target in the entire game under the manager’s shan footballing philosophy. Against Alloa. We also had one last week, two against Partick Thistle and one against Falkirk last month.

That’s a failure of coaching that no amount of individual errors should gloss over.

What’s laughable is that once again we mustered one meaningful shot on target in the entire game under the manager’s shan footballing philosophy. Against Alloa. We also had one last week, two against Partick Thistle and one against Falkirk last month.

That’s a failure of coaching that no amount of individual errors should gloss over.

Sure it is, Guardiola.

Sit down.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

A: Far better than the absolute dud we signed in the summer, who shelled 9/10 kicks out of play, anchored himself to the line at almost every cross ball, should have given away a penalty with a misplaced punch that landed on an Alloa player and then came off his line at a glacial pace to give away the penalty, And then ****ed it up at the winning goal. Among many poor performances, his was simply disgraceful.

Bryn Halliwell would have done better, never mind Bell.

Lol

I agree,There appears an agenda that goes beyond any balanced tactical observations.Considering JJ is the 3rd Manager in 9 months,with no evident budget, the vitriol is verging on just sheer blind ignorance.But some people are fickle and will never change regardless.

One decision The Manager should have made earlier today was that Michael Tidser appeared well off the pace from the off.Huge fan of Tids but he was pretty pedestrian against a high energy Alloa Team.

Archived