League Cup Group Stage Week 1 Ayr V Morton - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

League Cup Group Stage Week 1 Ayr V Morton

gmfc23

Worried we'll be starting this game without a recognised right winger and right back. Anyone up against Kilday with pace at RB gives me the fear. Then we've got 'finish Bob' who'll be leading the line for 90 mins. Hope we have enough in midfield alone to win this. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't McLean our signed winger for the season?

Key is not to get too worried about this time of year; we're still a good few players short of the finished article and the management seem to know that. 

Still several weeks away from the real business. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Key is not to get too worried about this time of year; we're still a good few players short of the finished article and the management seem to know that. 

Yeah on the left but we need more than 1 wide player. I get it's early doors and the season doesn't properly begin until August, but a run in the League Cup can make a massive impact to funds. 

This.

While getting through the group should be the target, if we don't progress,  i hope we are not too critical as McKinnon is still building his squad and that was always going to take a bit of time to get it right.  As it stands, we only have 12 first team players available tomorrow( assuming those 12 are fit) and a few youths to make up the bench. We should have enough about us to get a result but Ayr are pretty settled and will have that promotion bounce mentality so won't be an easy game!

The good thing is Partick are in a similar situation to us so not exactly a strong favourite for the group.

Yeah on the left but we need more than 1 wide player. I get it's early doors and the season doesn't properly begin until August, but a run in the League Cup can make a massive impact to funds.

If Duffy was still in charge I'd be concerned that he'd shoehorn players into positions rather than go out and sign someone. I don't get that feeling from McKinnon. I'm confident that he knows where our weaknesses lie and will try to address these.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Astonished that the time honoured policy of 'let's wait and see until I'm getting hounded in the middle of September before signing players' is no longer in place. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Given we don't have many wide options and McKinnon's mention of trying a new system, I wouldn't be surprised to see us line up in a 3-5-2 like this:

Scully (for tomorrow at least)

Kilday Buchanan Waddell

McAlister Millar Tidser Telfer Iredale

Oliver McHugh

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Given we don't have many wide options and McKinnon's mention of trying a new system, I wouldn't be surprised to see us line up in a 3-5-2 like this:

Kilday Buchanan Waddell

Oliver McHugh

Better team than last season, IMO

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Kilday Buchanan Waddell

Oliver McHugh

Would be happy enough with that. 

I am still bemused why we have gave Kilday another contract. Not just because he is injury prone but he is absolutely vash as well.

I am heading down tomorrow hopefully to see us getting a decent result and performance

forever optimistic

Curious to see how we'll line up. I would guess something like this

Scully

Kilday - Buchanan - Waddell - Iredale

Millar - McAlister

Telfer - Tidser - MacLean

Oliver

Still don't really see a huge amount of goals in that team, but we've got plenty of creativity in midfield.

Edit - no idea why I had Russell up front...

Archived