Rae Admits That Shiels Future Is In Doubt - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rae Admits That Shiels Future Is In Doubt

Scott

Think you're being a bit harsh there I have to say. Sheils was a popular choice as manager. I would say he was the over-whelming choice of the fans on this forum. 

Just because it hasn't worked out we all blame Dougie now?

That's the way it seems to work on here. As much as I think Dougie has reached his 'sell by' date (literally) He gave us the manager most of us wanted.

Sheils was the highest profile candidate and evidently gave the best interview (you could imagine that he would come across well ?) So , in this respect I cannot fault Dougie.

Show Racism the Red Card

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the way it seems to work on here. As much as I think Dougie has reached his 'sell by' date (literally) He gave us the manager most of us wanted.

Sheils was the highest profile candidate and evidently gave the best interview (you could imagine that he would come across well ?) So , in this respect I cannot fault Dougie.

Totally agree with that!

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Fails to be remotely frank and open about long term planning for the future of the club, which absolutely needs to be made public.

Is entirely frank and open on how he thinks the manager is doing, a thing which should absolutely not be made public.

Good work again from the esteemed Chairman.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I'd prefer Shiels to stay. As much as he bullshits sometimes, I believe he will be good in the long term of the club. We need stability and can't keep changing our manager every so often.

Rae needs to give Shiels a plan for the next 3/4 years with the long term aim of getting to the Premiership with a couple of good cup runs.

As much as he has been a failure, I think it will be best for him to stay.

Guest Andy Brady

One of the craziest things read on this site.

I'd prefer Shiels to stay. As much as he bulls***s sometimes, I believe he will be good in the long term of the club. We need stability and can't keep changing our manager every so often.

Rae needs to give Shiels a plan for the next 3/4 years with the long term aim of getting to the Premiership with a couple of good cup runs.

We keep changing managers because they've been shite! Sheils has been shite also.

The reason we're in this mess is because he WOULDN'T sack the last manager!

After a conveyor belt of managers who talk a good game but utterly fail on the park, it's time to be more ruthless with these charlatans.  

Next season will be crucial to get Morton back into this league. Would you trust a manager who has won just ONE game? That's a deplorable record for anyone.

Sheils will probably be given the nod for next season, but he needs to produce results on the park very quickish next season or he can have no complaints when he's gone in September

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

To be honest I'd be very surprised if Shiels stayed after Dougie's interview. Either Dougie wants him to resign or he thinks that he's just delivered a motivational speech.

No self respecting manager would accept being described as a negative idiot by the club owner.

Bollocks. Any self respecting person will already have the bosses door battered in and have him by the scruff of the neck, just before telling him to shove his job where the sun don't shine.

He was on a hiding to nothing though when he came in and was always unlikely to keep us up. He's been a major disappointment though but he took a gamble of changing the squad fully that never paid off so I'm still not sure we can judge him until next season.

Has someone re-defined 'Candid and Frank'.

No mentions of the reasons why we got into this position although maybe that's not surprising as Dougie can't believe it's happened. No thoughts on what could have been done better or taking even the smallest amount of responsibility for his involvement. Finally no mention of the fans and how they have been let down by incompetents at every level of the club.

As for the hypothetical jam tomorrow of the skunks coming down what a fckin insult to them and to us. Once again Dougie opens his mouth and proves beyond any reasonable doubt that he has nothing to offer Morton's future. 

Saw a snippet from the fans section of today's tele, sent in from a Rangers fan (yes, I know) claiming that the stadium is to blame and that a better stadium would equal more money, which would equal more success.

****ing speechless.

To be fair, the theory is not incorrect, but it's certainly not the reason for our current predicament.

To be fair, the theory is not incorrect, but it's certainly not the reason for our current predicament.

New stadium or not, if the product isn't right, the fans won't show in any greater numbers. That much we already know.

There's no certainty that renting out the stadium either would work.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Guest Andy Brady

From Today's Tele

"IN part one of a wide-ranging interview with the Telegraph, Morton chairman Douglas Rae today reveals he'd be prepared to sell the crisis-hit club - but firmly believes no one would be willing to purchase it."

YEEEEEEEEES

Get it up for sale then you old fool!

YEEEEEEEEES

Get it up for sale then you old fool!

I was reading the other day that St Mirren - a club on a pretty sound financial footing, good stadium, their own training ground, the works - have been up for sale for 4 YEARS!

If they can't find a buyer, when they are in a much better position that we are, then it will be tough to find someone who wants to buy Morton.

Archived