How Sad - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

How Sad

para

The funny thing is though, you seem to be of the idea that you offer something positive to the board. You don't, you're just as old and boring as every other deluded w*nker on here that seems to think this board was once a heaven for good clean footballing debate.

Fantastic illustration of what is being alluded to on this thread. I rest my case!

I disagree.

I certainly don't always agree with Tonsilitis, but he invaribaly makes his points politely and civilly and he doesn't resort to personal insults.

I think he's one of the best posters on the board.

Blush!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All very true. I just think most folk can't really be arsed any more even trying.

I think the difference was ~10-15 years ago this and Eddie's and Andy's boards before it were really the only sites available for Ton related info, so folk made the effort as there wasn't really any decent alternatives. Now there are many other ways to get information on Facebook and Twitter and whatnot, so folk have gradually drifted away from here. For example, on most match days now there are probably 3 or 4 decent live Twitter feeds to keep up with the latest. And they have the added attraction of not deliberately giving false scores for a 'laugh'.

So there's no need any more to even bother trying on here as there are now many other better ways of getting information, without the risk of being labelled a w*nker or a moron for having an opinion.

Nothing lasts forever, and this board has had its day I think.

I think this is it

also 10 -15 years ago we were in the mists of the scot years fans were being band we didn’t have Facebook. The paper was band we were marching on parliament the chairmen was offering square go’s to planning officials in Clyde sq we had a lot happening.

We had to pull together for the good of the club we might not have always agreed but we could say that’s your opinion I think your taking s*** but I respect you for it moon for a pint.

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

Definite downward turn.

Back when it was the old board the WUMs were visiting skunks ("Magarry's sister" being a favourite of mine).

Now it's home grown tossers which is less funny.

Spreading to P&B but its a bit more diluted on there.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

He's perhaps the most persistent offender but he's not the only one who does it. Even one 'mature' poster is doing it now and seems to find it hilarious. It's annoying too that the mods don't seem to think it's a problem, judging by their apparent unwillingness to stamp it out.

I'm loathed to criticise the mods as they have a thankless and difficult job for sure and they do it for nothing but grief and hastle, but part of the problem lies with them IMO. Most of the issues we currently have could be easily resolved if it was better run and managed.

ONCE I did that. Amazed you're still upset about it weeks later tbh. :blink:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I think people simply need to up their game.

Spot on! My rose coloured glasses allow me dreamy recollections of hours spent photoshopping Morton tops onto Britney Spiers and Kylie pictures for the Just-One-Cornetto guys...

I find it DISGRACEFUL that this forum has yet to see a picture of Miley Cyrus twerking in a Morton top on Dougie Imrie!! Youngsters today! Phhhahh :angry:

:D

Spot on! My rose coloured glasses allow me dreamy recollections of hours spent photoshopping Morton tops onto Britney Spiers and Kylie pictures for the Just-One-Cornetto guys...

I find it DISGRACEFUL that this forum has yet to see a picture of Miley Cyrus twerking in a Morton top on Dougie Imrie!! Youngsters today! Phhhahh :angry:

You think Davie Mc will know what twerking is? :ph34r:

Isn't it a lovely day.....

Definite downward turn.

Back when it was the old board the WUMs were visiting skunks ("Magarry's sister" being a favourite of mine).

Mortonjag

NewTon

Think we can safely file the two claims above in the bulging "nostalgic claptrap" folder.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You think Davie Mc will know what twerking is? :ph34r:

I have no idea. I can only imagine. :blush:

MARTY OUT!!!!!

ONCE I did that. Amazed you're still upset about it weeks later tbh. :blink:

I think you did it a few times on that match thread - you even claimed you were actually at the game to make it more believable, when you weren't.

Nomatter, I'm not upset about it, nor was I at the time. It was at worst mildly irritating but I didn't lose any sleep over it. I just mentioned it because I had always thought you were one of the best posters on here, so I used that as an illistration of how much the quality of the board had deteriorated, IMO.

But I forgive you. :wub:

The board evolves and will continue to do so. Can't really say I've noticed a dramatic downturn - it was never the rainbows and unicorns land that some seem to remember. On any given day it will be populated by idiots, drama queens, poets and honest folk and that's what it should be.

The quality of debate is lacking at times but it's not the Oxford Union ffs. It's occasionally amusing but normally a disappointment - much like the club we're welded to.

ps When I think back to the halcyon days of MJ/Newton/etta rhubarb mess things don't seem bad at all ^_^

Nothing lasts forever, and this board has had its day I think.

Don't let the internet cookies hit your arse on the way out then. ^_^

The board evolves and will continue to do so. Can't really say I've noticed a dramatic downturn - it was never the rainbows and unicorns land that some seem to remember. On any given day it will be populated by idiots, drama queens, poets and honest folk and that's what it should be.

The quality of debate is lacking at times but it's not the Oxford Union ffs. It's occasionally amusing but normally a disappointment - much like the club we're welded to.

ps When I think back to the halcyon days of MJ/Newton/etta rhubarb mess things don't seem bad at all ^_^

Exactly. Especially in the aftermath of the night of the stars of the number between 78 and 80. Constantly underhanded comments on every thread relating to it, by far the worst period on this board that I've seen. Thankfully the worst offenders have since vacated the forum.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I agree with some of this. I've been around since the topica days, and the level of debate has never been much above mediocre, although I remember watching some interesting drunken meandering from 8 hours ahead.

However, the problem I have now (which is probably down to my age) is that the current set of wallopers aren't as amusing as previous sets. And they take themselves so seriously - opinions are not facts. And opinions are like arses - fill in the rest......

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

I think you did it a few times on that match thread - you even claimed you were actually at the game to make it more believable, when you weren't.

Nomatter, I'm not upset about it, nor was I at the time. It was at worst mildly irritating but I didn't lose any sleep over it. I just mentioned it because I had always thought you were one of the best posters on here, so I used that as an illistration of how much the quality of the board had deteriorated, IMO.

But I forgive you. :wub:

Does the last decade count for nothing in that I'm flung in the bin with NewTon and posters of that ilk after one irritating afternoon? :crying:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Guest David Edwards
I disagree.

I certainly don't always agree with Tonsilitis, but he invaribaly makes his points politely and civilly and he doesn't resort to personal insults.

I think he's one of the best posters on the board.

Seconded. I too almost invariably disagree with Mr Robinson, certainly on most matters political, but what the feck, on the important matter of Morton we've much in common. He's a personable intelligent man with a heart in the right place.

Too bad about his taste in music though. :P

I'm interested to know who's at fault for this. It would appear that for the first time in a while, most folk are in agreement, but the only person I've seen implicated for the decline of this board is BluebirdTon. Surely he himself can't be completely responsible for ruining the board for all these so called good posters?

Who else is responsible? Is anyone going to put their hand up and accept responsibility themselves or pin the blame on any other parties? I'll hazard a guess that myself, vikingTON and ThornTON would be the first to take any blame but as it seems to be something that's upsetting so many, I can't understand why nobody's been named and shamed.

Anybody going to actually name and shame themselves or any others?

Archived