Thread About Ex Player - Page 87 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Surprised he is still in the juniors. Certainly has the talent for a lower league SPFL club.

Evidently he doesn't.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Carlo ****in Monti. If we ever feel too down about any of our current squad, we can at least be grateful that we don't have him creeping about.

There does seem to be an admirably low 'bam quotient' at Cappielow these days. Monti wasn't even the worst of the lot back then, on or off the pitch.

EOho8Pw.png

There does seem to be an admirably low 'bam quotient' at Cappielow these days. Monti wasn't even the worst of the lot back then, on or off the pitch.

Indeed. The debate on Pie and Bovril at the moment's surrounding Dominic Shimmin ffs.

Yep, saw that. It's not even one of those "what a shame, he could have been amazing" situations. I couldn't give a fuck about his potential or his undoubted talent, he's a failure. I gather he made nothing of himself in music, either.

EOho8Pw.png

Carlo ****in Monti. If we ever feel too down about any of our current squad, we can at least be grateful that we don't have him creeping about.

Disagree

He was a pretty good player for us good with free and penalty kicks and always tried and never hid unlike many others eg McDuffie

Was he a Rangers or Cellic supporter hence the criticism etc etc

Disagree

He was a pretty good player for us good with free and penalty kicks and always tried and never hid unlike many others eg McDuffie

That's a bizarre accusation. Half of Scottish football supports Rangers or Celtic. Monti's issue was he was far too big for his boots and wasn't even that good.

EOho8Pw.png

Disagree

He was a Celtic fan (and ex-Celtic player), but I think what left a bad taste in the mouth was that he felt he could do a lot better than Morton when his contract expired, and there was a sense of shadenfreude amongst a lot of us on here (myself included) when it didn't work out for him.

Pretty sure there was also a story about him knocking someone about (possibly with a weapon) in his youth which was the basis for him being branded a wee ned, although I can't remember, nor be bothered, googling the exact details.

I've now heard the term "he never hid" to describe utter snakes like Scott Mclaughlin and Carlo Monti on this cesspool in a few weeks.

It's just a meaningless term used by happy-clappers to defend their gormless, bizarre heroes, isn't it?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ryan McGuffie, incidentally, was a far better player than dross like Monti. Which is why McGuffie made a moderately successful career for himself, whereas Monti has traipsed from one humiliating failure to another.

This is the level of base stupidity we have to combat here on a daily fucking basis.

Ryan McGuffie, incidentally, was a far better player than dross like Monti. Which is why McGuffie made a moderately successful career for himself, whereas Monti has traipsed from one humiliating failure to another.

This is the level of base stupidity we have to combat here on a daily ****ing basis.

Your last sentence is typical of your dismissive attitude to reasonable comment and debate

McG/Duffie was a complete waster for Morton who did nothing and I mean nothing for us apart from his goal against Stirling I think on his debut

I think I watched every game he played in a Morton shirt and imo we were playing with ten men when he pulled on a Morton shirt

A bit like Miller just now but unlike Miller I think the Duff had some talent but he never showed it when playing with us

That would be why McGuffie regularly played in the Irons side that slapped the rest of the league about for fifteen months. Off the back of a successful spell up through the leagues with Gretna, and going on to stroll this level again at Queen of the South.

Whereas your idol Monti slithered on the fringes of a wretched side managed by the failed successors to Irons. Since then he has slinked off to a parade of pub teams, being taken on and dumped again by Dundee in no time. And yet one player 'never hid' - whatever that means - and that was apparently the one who hilariously failed at every club outside the juniors.

Is this seriously what you're going to claim, or will you backtrack now that your clueless opinions have hit a solid wall of fact-based analysis?

Edited by vikingTON

I've now heard the term "he never hid" to describe utter snakes like Scott Mclaughlin and Carlo Monti on this cesspool in a few weeks.

It's just a meaningless term used by happy-clappers to defend their gormless, bizarre heroes, isn't it?

It does seem to be the new "he could do a job at this level" or "good squad player", yes.

EOho8Pw.png

That would be why McGuffie regularly played in the Irons side that slapped the rest of the league about for fifteen months. Off the back of a successful spell up through the leagues with Gretna, and going in to stroll this level again at Queen of the South.

Whereas your idol Monti slithered on the fringes of a wretched side managed by the failed successors to Irons. Since then he has slinked off to a parade of pub teams, being taken on and dumped again by Dundee in no time. And yet one player 'never hid' - whatever that means - and that was apparently the one who didn't hilariously fail at every club outside the juniors.

Is this seriously what you're going to claim, or will you backtrack now that your clueless opinions have hit a solid wall of fact-based analysis?

Fact based analysis😀you're having a laugh. Based on what?

Monti was not my idol😉but he was a tryer unlike the Duff who never tried his erse for Morton

Imo the Duff was very fortunate to make any kind of a living being a professional footballer. Monti (not my idol) on the other hand had more talent than the duff and with some guidance could have made it in the professional ranks