League Cup 2nd Round - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

League Cup 2nd Round

Draw is on Tuesday at Dingwall - around 2pm I think. Due to the seeding, we can only get one of the following-

Motherwell

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St. Johnstone

Aberdeen

Hibernian

St. Mirren

Hamilton Academical

Dunfermline Athletic

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Queen of the South

Aberdeen at home please.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be good to get quite far in the cups this season, so I would take Queen of the South at home. They would probably present our best chance of progression.

We'll probably end up with Caley Thistle away. Can't have us missing out on our regular midweek jaunt to the Highlands now, can we.

QoS at Palmerston. Or Hibs at Easter Road.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Really hope it's a home tie, if it is then I'll be at Cappielow for the first time in ages :)

Last home game was a 1-1 draw with Livvy, Colin Stewart was in goal for them that day.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Unless we get St Mirren I think any draw is going to be met with apathy. They should abandon the seeding in this competition.

I think that's true with the exception of Aberdeen. We haven't played them much and it's been a long time since we got a trip to Pittodrie. How many people could/would make that trip midweek is debatable but I reckon we'd get a decent turnout at home.

wl545_the_shining_c_aaa.jpg

Of course I'm happy

Aberdeen at home would be good, be nice to see us play them at Pittodrie, but let's save that for the Scottish Cup! :)

If we want to have the best chance of advancing beyond to the third round, Queens at Palmerston please.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

I hope we don't end up with ICT or St Johnstone away. Uninspiring and poor chances of a win.

I'd like any team, just at home, please?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Pointless speculation as the SFL hot ball system will ensure we're away to Inverness.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Should be an all in draw with no seeding right from the start I know this is done supposedly to help teams in europe but as they basically play their reserves anyway it should be dropped.

In the meantime I don't really care who we get as long as its a home draw for a change!!!

SNP - STRONGER FOR SCOTLAND

Archived