Monti Off - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Monti Off

Madton

Possible re-sign? Maybe not as Moore is looking for players who can cover more than one position which McKinlay can't

Don't think he will re-sign but he can cover LB and LM.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Moore or McKinley will want to work together again soon. Kinda left on a bad note with Kev saying Moore 'should have been a man about it' and told him he was leaving.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Like others I'm not sure what his best position is or indeed if one exists. Not the worst player I've seen but I won't be greetin in the pillow at the prospect of him not being here next season.

Hope he finds someone to take him on but I doubt too many will be fighting for his signature.

The bigger issue is that we are looking at wholesale changes for the start of next season and that's likely to be a bit of a lottery. Pre-season is looking to be quite important.

I wonder if any other team in Scotland will be willing to offer Monti a full-time contract?

I'd be surprised, but then I'd never have thought Graham would have got a 2 year deal anywhere.

No big loss... not good enough for a decent First Division team.

Im obviously in the minority on this one but I thought Monti could have became a very good player for us. He was never ever a left back though, hes a centre mid, or at a push on the left of a narrow midfield 4.

With Jenks heading, and the deafening silence from Fred I thought Monti might have got a run in the middle of the park this season and possibly surprised a few people, ah well.

The squad is getting a bit silly now, although i suppose we are not the only ones. The first division is gonna be a lucky dip at the moment.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Im obviously in the minority on this one but I thought Monti could have became a very good player for us. He was never ever a left back though, hes a centre mid, or at a push on the left of a narrow midfield 4.

With Jenks heading, and the deafening silence from Fred I thought Monti might have got a run in the middle of the park this season and possibly surprised a few people, ah well.

The squad is getting a bit silly now, although i suppose we are not the only ones. The first division is gonna be a lucky dip at the moment.

Agree with that

Morton offer Lemonade bottles.

I know money is tight and i agree with the principle of reigning in wages but when a part time Irish outfit can offer better terms and then we offer less then match last years to Monti its clear we are continuing our recent history of fuddery when it comes to contracts.

In the main I trust Moore and I think some of the flak outgoing players have fired off have aimed at the wrong man.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

To be honest I dont have an issue with monti going, I thought he was a liability and could be very lazy. I do honestly feel he never gave his best at morton so bye carlo.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Morton offer Lemonade bottles.

I know money is tight and i agree with the principle of reigning in wages but when a part time Irish outfit can offer better terms and then we offer less then match last years to Monti its clear we are continuing our recent history of fuddery when it comes to contracts.

In the main I trust Moore and I think some of the flak outgoing players have fired off have aimed at the wrong man.

Not sure how we go about cutting the wage bill without cutting the wage bill and if some Irish club wants to chance their arm that's their business.

I have no idea what wage Monti/Jenkins were on nor what they were offered but i do know that last season we again spent significantly more than we earned and that has got to be addressed.

If Monti thought he was going to get an improved from us offer in those circumstances then he's daft.

Not sure how we go about cutting the wage bill without cutting the wage bill and if some Irish club wants to chance their arm that's their business.

I have no idea what wage Monti/Jenkins were on nor what they were offered but i do know that last season we again spent significantly more than we earned and that has got to be addressed.

If Monti thought he was going to get an improved from us offer in those circumstances then he's daft.

I agree its difficult, I just hope we are not using austerity as an excuse to reduce it beyond reasonable levels..

There is a danger we will end up a Stirling Albion and resign ourselves to mediocrity forever more.

It will not inspire the stay away fans to come back.

Away from the finances of players wages I do hope the new appointment to the board has some good ideas around how to cement Morton as part of this community and promote the club in a good light.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

There is a danger we will end up a Stirling Albion and resign ourselves to mediocrity forever more.

i kinda think we're already there. these past 20 odd years must be the worst in the club's history. have we ever been out of the top flight for so long? we now feel like a yo-yo club betwixt first and second divisions :angry:

Away from the finances of players wages I do hope the new appointment to the board has some good ideas around how to cement Morton as part of this community and promote the club in a good light.

who ?

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

One is Gillian Donaldson who attended board meetings anyway as she is chief executive so that will not make much of a change.

The other girl is a lawyer who helped the club when pursuing Mr Donaldson and I don't see her being much more than a passive board member offering advice when they face a legal issue.

Archived