Jim Mcalister - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jim Mcalister

Tooth & Nail

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In other irrelevant news....... MR A Williams has scored a double for Stenny against Threave. 1- 4 the last I looked.

Hey, dont we need a goal scorer ? (that's for the titillation of Ayrshire Ton)

Well, let's not get Jim - he'll be suspended now.

:lol: says the guy with an ex player as his avatar.

Don't knock it. :rolleyes:

BBC will have them online at some point.

They are online already. Quality viewing. Even better is the clip of the away manager realising that his late winner is not going to count. There's a link somewhere on P&B.

Jimbo used to do a specific tackle where he flew in from behind and cleanly won the ball, leaving the player on the deck. Last night's was nothing like that though.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Disgraceful tackle ! If that had happened to one of our players, we'd be raging. Felt a bit sorry for Mensing though...I don't think he could get out of the way, and he wasn't last man. There were a couple of players in the incident, so I'm not sure it was a goal scoring opportunity either.

never red, jim must be hard as hell, took him out wi his baws, well done :lol:

:lol: you're joking, right? Nowhere near the ball, halfed the man, straight red. Good as it was to watch, he can have no complaints.

felt a bit sorry for Mensing tho. And well done the linesman for spotting the ball went out from the corner kick leading to the "winner".

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Always does amaze me when something happens to an ex player, always ends up here and not the general football section!

You must be really easily amazed then...

I dont really see the problem - it is obviously Morton related so why shouldnt it be here?

It was an ordering off, he can have no complaints. Appeared more misplaced enthusiasm to me given his lack of football this season, but it was high and late. A referee can't take things like that into consideration when applying the rules.

He might find that his best chance of getting first team football at Accies will come when the purse strings are tightened after relegation, which I don't think was in the script for him.

[quote name='stuart' date='Jan 12 2011, 09:50 PM'

I'm surprised Hamilton didn't try complaining to the referee so much that he changed his mind though.

How could they, when the worlds professional complainer was in the other dugout!

Forgot to add.....well done Jim

Guess who the asst ref is on Tuesday night that wee dwarf Ross Haswell the cnut that nearly s*** himself when he got surrounded at New Douglas Park.

:lol: you're joking, right? Nowhere near the ball, halfed the man, straight red. Good as it was to watch, he can have no complaints.

felt a bit sorry for Mensing tho. And well done the linesman for spotting the ball went out from the corner kick leading to the "winner".

Of course im jokin it was a sending off everyday of the week, good to see hamilton have actually added to jims abilities, crazy tackle.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

What does a red card in a Hamilton v Celtic game have to do with Morton? Does it affect us in any way?

He played for us, and it was funny. Stop your whinging.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

A pair of horrible tackles. How either of them had the gall to look shocked when they were sent off is beyond me.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Red cards are issued with gay (in its proper sense) abandon nowadays. In the 60s and even right through to the 80s, a red card was a rarity. I don't think the Celtic player's tackle merited a red - he was a bit late and the ball was away but it wasn't exactly a Roy Kean leg-breaker. Similarly Jim's was a yellow card offence, especially as it was about his first touch of the ball. over officious refereeing IMHO. When you probably get booked for parting your hair on the wrong side, football has gone a bit too politically correct.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Red cards are issued with gay (in its proper sense) abandon nowadays. In the 60s and even right through to the 80s, a red card was a rarity. I don't think the Celtic player's tackle merited a red - he was a bit late and the ball was away but it wasn't exactly a Roy Kean leg-breaker. Similarly Jim's was a yellow card offence, especially as it was about his first touch of the ball. over officious refereeing IMHO. When you probably get booked for parting your hair on the wrong side, football has gone a bit too politically correct.

Sort of agree, Forrests was never a sending off. However although there was no malice in Jim's tackle, it was 30 seconds late (not bad considering he was only on the park for 35 seconds) and it could have done a fair bit of damage.

A sending off every day of the week whether in was in the 60's or ten years from now.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Archived