Chairman's Comments Today - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chairman's Comments Today

AyrshireTon

In the middle column of his page today, DDFR questions our inability to make corner kicks count. He then ask the outright question as to why Peter isn't taking the free-kicks, hinting that he nearly always scored with them (didn't his last one hit a wall and get finished off by DVZ?).

This looks to me like he is questioning Moore's tactics, but in the pages of the programme. Bit of a kick in the teeth for him that Peter was dropped to the bench and that we scored twice whilst he was there.

Maybe Moore is making a point.

Anyone else notice this?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

In the middle column of his page today, DDFR questions our inability to make corner kicks count. He then ask the outright question as to why Peter isn't taking the free-kicks, hinting that he nearly always scored with them (didn't his last one hit a wall and get finished off by DVZ?).

This looks to me like he is questioning Moore's tactics, but in the pages of the programme. Bit of a kick in the teeth for him that Peter was dropped to the bench and that we scored twice whilst he was there.

Anyone else notice this?

well, tbh I read the chairman's column as I always do. Maybe I'm naive but I didn't see any alterior or cloak and dagger motives in his views, the bit about our inability to make corner kicks count for example, I'm sure Mr Moore would thoroughly agree with him. Mr Rae just like any supporter is going to have his opinion on who should take free-kicks, he's more than entitled to share his opinion in the matchday programme. I'm sure he'd not be shy in giving the manager his opinions directly aswell.

well, tbh I read the chairman's column as I always do. Maybe I'm naive but I didn't see any alterior or cloak and dagger motives in his views, the bit about our inability to make corner kicks count for example, I'm sure Mr Moore would thoroughly agree with him. Mr Rae just like any supporter is going to have his opinion on who should take free-kicks, he's more than entitled to share his opinion in the matchday programme. I'm sure he'd not be shy in giving the manager his opinions directly aswell.

I agree about him being a supporter (I said as much in the "shouting at Peter" thread), but why not ask Moore himself about the free-kicks rather than print the question in the programme?

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I agree about him being a supporter (I said as much in the "shouting at Peter" thread), but why not ask Moore himself about the free-kicks rather than print the question in the programme?

Because you want him to stay out of team affairs? ^_^

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

So...wait...I'm confused. Dougie wants Peter to takes the free-kicks, therefore I assume he wants him in the team...but he was on the bench today. So does that mean Dougie didn't get to pick the team today? :o

An absolute disgrace if true :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyone else notice this?

Where will this end??? Weatherson doesn't take free-kicks because he is awful at them, simple as that. OK, he has scored a few 4 or 5 years ago, but I suppose I'd expect any centre-forward to be able to find the top corner now and again if they were allowed a silly amount of free shots at goal.

Frankly, the fact that Rae still wants to make up things about Weatherson's ability says an awful lot about what is wrong at Morton these days.

AWMSC

if i was more id be considering my position after reading the latest dribblings by Rae. nothing short of a disgrace but he'll continue to get away with it as long as fans inexplicably keep defending it. criticism of the manager should be kept behind closed doors, not printed for all to see in the matchday programme. he couldn't undermine moore any more if he tried.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Regardless of the interference and sniping at the manager worry that often comes from reading the programme, he's just plain wrong. Peter Weatherson doesn't have a clue how to take a free-kick. He just hammers it without any attempt at placement whatsoever, and nine times out of ten hits the wall.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Didn't read the programme so I can't be sure, but isn't there the chance that Rae meant the comments as an observing fan himself? Just because he says 'I wish we had Peter taking the free kicks' doesn't mean he's going to head into the dressing room after the game and have and have a word with Moore about it.

Didn't read the programme so I can't be sure, but isn't there the chance that Rae meant the comments as an observing fan himself? Just because he says 'I wish we had Peter taking the free kicks' doesn't mean he's going to head into the dressing room after the game and have and have a word with Moore about it.

Nah, your right, he already did that weeks ago.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Not what he said.

Here is the exact wording.

"Peter used to be quite brilliant at scoring from free-kicks. He hit shots that were 'howitzers' that flew past players and into the net. Walls in front of Peter never bothered him as he either 'killed off' a player or scored. Those were the days. Why is Peter no longer shooting the free-kicks? When we previously were awarded a free kick from 25 yards or nearer, expectation was immediately roused in the belief that Peter would score another goal. In those days Peter gave encouragement to the fans. I am sure that he could yet re-engage the fans through his fantastic shooting abilities."

BTW (not aimed at the above poster)- the point of this thread was not to dig at Weatherson.

Not what he said.

"Peter used to be quite brilliant at scoring from free-kicks. He hit shots that were 'howitzers' that flew past players and into the net. Walls in front of Peter never bothered him as he either 'killed off' a player or scored. Those were the days. Why is Peter no longer shooting the free-kicks? When we previously were awarded a free kick from 25 yards or nearer, expectation was immediately roused in the belief that Peter would score another goal. In those days Peter gave encouragement to the fans. I am sure that he could yet re-engage the fans through his fantastic shooting abilities."

BTW (not aimed at the above poster)- the point of this thread was not to dig at Weatherson.

Seems from that DDF is having a dig at Peter, not Moore.

With his recent shouts of Peter going through the motions, maybe he see's his investment not paying dividends and is publicly having a pop. My opinion of Peter is well known, but DDF really should refrain from publicly having a pop, he is entitled to his opinion but he is using the privilege of his position and the fact he has a section in the programme dedicated to himself. It s not fair on any player.

Its interesting to read the part about engaging the fans though. Does DDF read this forum after all??? :rolleyes:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Seems from that DDF is having a dig at Peter, not Moore.

With his recent shouts of Peter going through the motions, maybe he see's his investment not paying dividends and is publicly having a pop. My opinion of Peter is well known, but DDF really should refrain from publicly having a pop, he is entitled to his opinion but he is using the privilege of his position and the fact he has a section in the programme dedicated to himself. It s not fair on any player.

Its interesting to read the part about engaging the fans though. Does DDF read this forum after all??? :rolleyes:

That was my reading as well.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Not what he said.

And at bedtime he used to bring me my night time Cocoa. We'd then snuggle up and read chapters of harry potter to each other.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

And at bedtime he used to bring me my night time Cocoa. We'd then snuggle up and read chapters of harry potter to each other.

:lol: :lol:

Archived