Last Match You Went To? - Page 37 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agree - Dallas did stroll it but without looking anything special and if they had a star on the pitch he did not stand out - but did not need to as home side were so poor for most of the game. Heard in his post match the Orlando manager say it will be Dallas's easiest 3pts on the road all season without trying hard. They did force the Orlando keeper to one good save - one save more than the Dallas keeper had to make.

Watched it on TV? You're as bad as the Belgian. For shame.

The etiquette of the thread is this:

One may only INITIATE discussion of a fixture if they were physically present at it.

One can then CONTINUE discussion of a fixture if they watched a broadcast of it, or if they had watched one of the teams involved previously in the flesh (there's a 'obscurity qualifier' here, so for example someone who's been to a St. Johnstone game in the past should probably pipe down, but someone else who's been to the same French 3rd division team as you can contribute), or finally if they've been to the ground in question.

Those are the rules. Those who flaunt them will be ejected by Tayside Police (RIP.)

EOho8Pw.png

agree - Dallas did stroll it but without looking anything special and if they had a star on the pitch he did not stand out - but did not need to as home side were so poor for most of the game. Heard in his post match the Orlando manager say it will be Dallas's easiest 3pts on the road all season without trying hard. They did force the Orlando keeper to one good save - one save more than the Dallas keeper had to make.

Yep, that's fair enough.

EOho8Pw.png

The etiquette of the thread is this:

One may only INITIATE discussion of a fixture if they were physically present at it.

One can then CONTINUE discussion of a fixture if they watched a broadcast of it, or if they had watched one of the teams involved previously in the flesh (there's a 'obscurity qualifier' here, so for example someone who's been to a St. Johnstone game in the past should probably pipe down, but someone else who's been to the same French 3rd division team as you can contribute), or finally if they've been to the ground in question.

Those are the rules. Those who flaunt them will be ejected by Tayside Police (RIP.)

What happened to the Tayside Police? :eek:  

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Guest David Edwards

They were swallowed whole by Police Scotland.

I'm not informed enough to say one way or the other. My instinct is that it's better, but then again I know there are huge problems with the non-emergency call center right now, and I'm not sure how much those are connected.

EOho8Pw.png

They were swallowed whole by Police Scotland.

I see. So Scotland has one police force?

Yep.

Is that better or worse?

I'm not informed enough to say one way or the other. My instinct is that it's better, but then again I know there are huge problems with the non-emergency call center right now, and I'm not sure how much those are connected.

To answer your question, much worse. I can understand some of the background behind the reason of a single police authority, however when they get reports of major RTAs, they're not logged, they're not attended to and two people needlessly die as a result, then something has gone far wrong.

If this were England, the media and the public would expect heads to roll, starting with the Chief Constable and also the Justice Secretary, however -this is Scotland - Ein party rules the roost.

Edit to add: nobody will point the finger at the SNP run Scottish Government, those bastards are responsible here.

*insert signature here*

Most of them are quite happy outside a pyramid. They like their derbies and low travel time, and they like not having to upgrade their grounds, and letting folk in with carry-outs.

EOho8Pw.png

Hearts 1 v 3 Everton.

Tynecastle really is one of the best grounds in Scotland to watch football. This genuinely was men against boys. Hearts took the lead with a header from a corner against the run of play, but Everton were always in control. A dubious penalty decision by Willie Collum allowed Lukaku to equalise from the spot, however it was only a matter of time before big Rom made it 2-1. Everton's passing and distribution of the ball was a class above Hearts and when Everton got a second penalty it was no surprise given their domination. Pen was duly dispatched by Lukaku for his hat-trick.

Would just like to add that Jamie Walker and Morgano Gomis were outstanding for Hearts and even though Everton were dominant throughout, Hearts will definitely finish in the top half of the Premiership this season.

ETA, I think Kone might have scored the goal that wasn't a pen? He didn't. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Slovan Bratislava 3 FC Krasmodar 3 (3-5 agg)

Slovan went 2-0 down and 0-4 down on aggregate in the first ten minutes with some truly horrendous defending, particularly from two hilariously poor full-backs. For the rest of the first half Krasnodar were the better side and should have had a few more, though Slovan should have got on the scoresheet as well.

In the second half Slovan got an early goal back through returning, previous World Cup forward Robert Vittek, then got another two from Vittek during the second half to bring an almost ridiculous turnaround into a realistic chance. Krasnodar were Hibsing all over the place, but Slovan missed a few good chances and hit the bar with a free-kick as time began to run out. In injury time the Slovak left-back capped the comedy duo performance by conceding a second penalty in the game, which levelled the game with the last kick of the ball.

For €8 entrance and €1.50 a pint it was surprisingly good entertainment in the end. The official crowd was announced as, 2800 , but they were clearly using Celtic's Seville calculator as there wasn't more than half that figure in the ground.

The ultra section of the fans (100/1000 or so), incidentally, jeered their own manager when he came onto the pitch at the start and were joined by other howls of derision at the obvious clown in the dugout as the match went on. Which was of course astonishing, because everyone who has ever went to a Morton game knows that we are the only fanbase to berate a piss-poor manager and have earned the club an unspoken place on the respectable players/management blacklist.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Nope, probably best to make the most of it before it returns to Mother Russia though. And I'm sure they'll make the Morton defence look tremendous by comparison. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You ever been to Tallinn VT? Over next week and Levadia Tallinn are at home when I'm there so hoping to take that in.

I'm almost certain one of our mutual Facebook friends has been to a Levadia game. Ask Mick M. about it.

EOho8Pw.png

• 3 weeks later...

Barca v Bilbao game in the Spanish Super Cup last Monday. First time at the Nou Camp and I have to say what an impressive arena to watch football. Easy enough to buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centres or by registering online. Relatively straightforward to get to from the city centre and despite the numbers attending no problem getting in once you find your gate.

The game itself was interesting without being epic. Barcelona were clearly the 'better' side but failed to convert chances - what a forward line they have even without Neymar on the pitch. Messi goal was outstanding but no more than you expect from him. Game though was effectively over when Pique got himself needlessly sent of for abusing the linesman after Bilbao equalised - he might have been better having a word with his team mates about their woeful defending.

Overall a great occasion but I would still chose Cappielow and all its shortcomings :1eye:.

Slovan 2 Spartak Trnava 0 on Tuesday. A fairly comfortable win for Slovan who got an early goal and then largely huffed and puffed their way to the win. I had been told that this was the closest you'd get to a derby in the Slovak league - the match in Bratislava, at least was nothing of the sort. The crowd was laughably announced as 1800 but there was probably about 1200 actually inside the ground. 

4 Euros entrance and 1.50 a pint though.

Spartak are playing right now on the TV in their brand new home ground and their fans (the largest fanbase in the country, ie, about 4000 average attendance last season) are making a fair racket, flares and smoke bombs being set off. Looks like I might have to pay a visit there. Their ground is both covered and set up like a British football ground, as opposed to Slovan's enormous, Central Park esque bowl.

Not sure where Scotland will end up playing their fixture here, but the Slovakia-Ukraine match this week is being held in Zilina, which looks to be a proper ground as well. It could be that they'll shuffle their fixtures between a few grounds, though Zilina is centrally located so makes most sense for home fans travelling to the game. 

Archived