Last Match You Went To? - Page 40 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hounded 3-1 again yesterday.

1282014053.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Bump. Hounded 3-1 midweek and most recently drubbed 5 (five)-0 by titans of the game... erm, Harrogate Town. No doubt FCUMs shower of gormless, bearded hipster tossers are slithering off in their droves, and that much-vaunted 'supportive atmosphere' around the club and management has disappeared like snow off a dike as well. That's a wee shame.

Nah not really.

tapatalk_1453482388436.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

OH Leuven 4-1 KV Oostende, attendance 7,500 (reduced capacity due to ground reconstruction)

If you think being a Ton fan is frustrating, spare a though for the poor old OHL fans. In their last three away games they've been winning going into the last 20 minutes, and ended up with a grand total of 2 points*. Their away form is absolutely abysmal which explains why going into this game they propped up the whole league. So this comprehensive gubbing of high flying KV Oostende was as precious as it was unexpected, and it lifted them up to the heady heights of third bottom. Their next two games are against Gent (champions and currently 2nd in the league) and Club Brugge (currently top of the league), so don't think they'll stay there very long, 

Here are the goals, the third and fourth are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWWqCiDySGc

* Edit to add: They threw away yet another lead late in the game last night, admittedly this time at champions Gent. That's just 3 points from their last 4 away games they've taken despite leading them all going into the final 20 minutes. Must be frustrating as hell being an OHL fan. 

• 3 weeks later...

OH Leuven 0-1 Club Brugge, attendance 7,500

It was always going to be a tall order for OHL against the league leaders, and so it proved. A draw would have been enough to keep them up, but the narrow defeat saw them finish bottom of the league before it splits meaning it's the end of their season and they're relegated to the Proximus league. Bit hard on them because by general consensus they were one of the better teams battling it out at the arse end of the league against relegation, but their terrible away form proved to be their ultimate undoing. They were winning their last four away matches going into the final 20 minutes and ended up with only three points from them. Just one more point would have seen them safe. 

Felt pretty sorry for their fans at the end, they deserve better.

Anyway, the game was pretty tense given the occasion and there wasn't really anything between the teams in terms of procession and chances, which made the defeat all the more disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5aIzKYr_Y

OH Leuven 0-1 Club Brugge, attendance 7,500

It was always going to be a tall order for OHL against the league leaders, and so it proved. A draw would have been enough to keep them up, but the narrow defeat saw them finish bottom of the league before it splits meaning it's the end of their season and they're relegated to the Proximus league. Bit hard on them because by general consensus they were one of the better teams battling it out at the arse end of the league against relegation, but their terrible away form proved to be their ultimate undoing. They were winning their last four away matches going into the final 20 minutes and ended up with only three points from them. Just one more point would have seen them safe. 

Anyway, the game was pretty tense given the occasion and there wasn't really anything between the teams in terms of procession and chances, which made the defeat all the more disappointing.

Lol, wut, idiot found ^^^^^

Vikington watched a couple of Gypsy weans playing Kerby in Bucharest yesterday, it attracted a far bigger crowd than that.

Verge of tears. Thanks for playing etc.

*insert signature here*

Bit hard on them because by general consensus they were one of the better teams battling it out at the arse end of the league against relegation, but their terrible away form proved to be their ultimate undoing. They were winning their last four away matches going into the final 20 minutes and ended up with only three points from them. Just one more point would have seen them safe.

The "general consensus" is quite clearly a load of deluded, self-serving horseshit, given that your team finished bottom of the league with fewer points than any other side. Take your relegation with some dignity, thanks.

Fans of your Belgian club 'deserve' absolutely nothing, no more or less than any other team in your bin of a country. Their Partick Thistle-esque, unwarranted sense of entitlement has been duly noted.

Lol, wut, idiot found ^^^^^

Vikington watched a couple of Gypsy weans playing Kerby in Bucharest yesterday, it attracted a far bigger crowd than that.

Verge of tears. Thanks for playing etc.

I'm glad you highlighted that crowd actually. CHC's Belgian no-marks - who we should all be accepting as the role-model for Scottish clubs, commercial policy, marketing etc., couldn't muster more than 7,500 for an absolutely crucial top-flight match against one of the biggest sides in the country. 2,000 under their ground's capacity, and considerably less than The Famous drew to a fourth-tier match back in 2003. What an absolute ringer for everyone involved.

Needless to say that they'll attract an even smaller fraction of their sprawling, half a million catchment area to watch them against the Belgian equivalent of Dumbarton next season. That's a wee shame.*

* Nah, not really.

1282014053.png

I'm glad you highlighted that crowd actually. CHC's Belgian no-marks - who we should all be accepting as the role-model for Scottish clubs, commercial policy, marketing etc., couldn't muster more than 7,500 for an absolutely crucial top-flight match against one of the biggest sides in the country. 2,000 under their ground's capacity

Haha! Wrong, yet again! This is becoming a very worrying habit of yours VT. :P

The current ground capacity is reduced to 7,500 due to reconstruction (you can see in the video a whole side the length of the pitch is a building site), so it was in fact a complete sell-out. In fact all tickets for this match were sold several weeks ago due to the reduced capacity, status of the opposition, and the probability it would be a relegation decider. The game would have easily filled the old capacity of 9,500, and more. I'm pretty sure it would have sold out the capacity of the new stadium when completed, 13,500, such was the interest.

Thanks for playing anyway, champ. :)

Needless to say that they'll attract an even smaller fraction of their sprawling, half a million catchment area to watch them against the Belgian equivalent of Dumbarton next season.  

Well we're not exactly in uncharted territory here as they were relegated two seasons ago in similar circumstances, and in fact their attendances held up very well in the Proximus League. At the start of the season they were getting around 5,000-7,000 and towards the end of the season as the promotion race was hotting up they were getting between 7,000 and 9,500 sell-outs. 

So as long as they're there or thereabouts in the promotion race I think they'll be fine. Not so sure how it will go if they're not challenging for the title though.

The "general consensus" is quite clearly a load of deluded, self-serving horses***, given that your team finished bottom of the league with fewer points than any other side. Take your relegation with some dignity, thanks.

The 'general consensus' was the Belgian sports press and media, champ, several of whom remarked as such. :)

And it's not 'my' team or 'my' relegation. I enjoy it when they win, sure, and when they lose I'm mildly disappointed for about 30 seconds. Maybe for a few minutes on Sunday when they were relegated as a result of it. But my enjoyment when they win and disappointment when they lose is nowhere near strong enough for me to consider myself even close to being a 'fan' of them.

I go watch them quite regularly simply because I like football and their stadium is literally a 2 minute walk from my gaff. Wherever I've lived outside Scotland I've always gone to watch my local team (Maidstone Utd, NEC Nijmegen, Grenoble Foot 38 and now OH Leuven) and I have a soft spot for them all, but I'm certainly not a fan of any of them.

Fans of your Belgian club 'deserve' absolutely nothing, no more or less than any other team in your bin of a country. Their Partick Thistle-esque, unwarranted sense of entitlement has been duly noted.

Actually, I agree with you on this one, 'deserve' was not the right word to use.

They are passionate, noisy and create a great atmosphere at the games. But are they 'better' than any other team's fans? No, probably not.  

Still felt sorry for them though.

The 'general consensus' was the Belgian sports press and media, champ, several of whom remarked as such. :)

Not sure why the platitudes of the Billy Dodds and Des McKeowns would prove decisive in a discussion of 'which side is the worst in the league', given that we now have a perfectly straightforward league table to tell us the answer. Once again, separating their cuddly toy mentality from reality seems to be an issue with this outfit.

And it's not 'my' relegation.

Oh I think that it is.

I enjoy it when they win, sure, and when they lose I'm mildly disappointed for about 30 seconds. Maybe for a few minutes on Sunday when they were relegated as a result of it. But my enjoyment when they win and disappointment when they lose is nowhere near strong enough for me to consider myself even close to being a 'fan' of them.

I go watch them quite regularly simply because I like football and their stadium is literally a 2 minute walk from my gaff. Wherever I've lived outside Scotland I've always gone to watch my local team (Maidstone Utd, NEC Nijmegen, Grenoble Foot 38 and now OH Leuven) and I have an spot for them all, but I'm certainly not a fan of any of them.

Whatever helps you deal with the misery of supporting Leuven against other dross in the Belgian second tier; a level with substantially lower average attendances than the Scottish equivalent, naturally enough.

Whatever helps you deal with the misery of supporting Leuven...

Once again, I don't 'support' them, I just like watching live football, that's all. I've also been to Anderlecht, Gent, Genk and Standard Liege, but I don't support any of them either. Of course I go to watch OH Leuven a lot more often because they're almost literally on my doorstep, and when you watch a team regularly you do build a certain amount of affinity for them. But that doesn't make me a fan. Not even close.

Firstly you claimed to know the industry that I've worked 30-odd years in better than me. Then you claimed to know the city I've worked in for 9 years, and currently live in, better than me. Now you claim you know ME better than me.  :lol:

You're some man right enough VT. :)

You've been posting fanboy posts about them on here for ages - much like Davie McArthur and his struggling, English dog and duck league non-entities, you don't get to disavow your support for them just when they start doing s***.

Needless to say that news of their relegation and your disappointment has proven to be a pleasing development for the thread.

much like Davie McArthur and his struggling, English dog and duck league non-entities, you don't get to disavow your support for them just when they start doing s***.

Needless to say that news of their relegation and your disappointment has proven to be a pleasing development for the thread.

Davie has never hidden the fact he's a FCUM fan, I've never claimed to be a OH Leuven fan because, eh, I'm not.

And if you're really pleased that a team is relegated to spite me because you think I'm a fan, then you're just a petty, immature f*nny. :)

Still, at least as a barely concerned observer you're taking it well.

Archived