Who Exactly Is Allowed In The New Forum? - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Exactly Is Allowed In The New Forum?

port-ton

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're far too kind.

I think you're right. A "Special Forum" reeks of school when the social inadequates who feel the need to feel important and have control. "You're in ma gang" :D Social bullying and as you say Delicate Flowers no one will be able to say insensitive things so's not to hurt. Let's go hide from the bad guys. Sounds more like it should be for the under 18's YAWN

DONT ABUSE YOUR FRIENDS AND EXPECT THEM TO CONSIDER IT CRITICISM

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RACES ON THIS PLANET - THE INTELLIGENT AND THE STUPID

i thought it was for over 18's? is it only for a set few " likeable " people? who are the mods?

so many questions, so little time.

What new forum?

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." ---Unknown

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

It'll generally be open to most, it's a work in progress at the moment. If it's to be somewhere with fairly unrestricted content - in a forum with the club's name attached - then we need to careful about who can get in.

Details about gaining access will be available soon. TonInDublin and Boozehound will be the guys on the door...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

I think you're right. A "Special Forum" reeks of school when the social inadequates who feel the need to feel important and have control. "You're in ma gang" :D Social bullying and as you say Delicate Flowers no one will be able to say insensitive things so's not to hurt. Let's go hide from the bad guys. Sounds more like it should be for the under 18's YAWN

It depends very much on your definition of 'social inadequacy'.

I'd suggest that one of the reasons the new forum was mooted was 'social inadequacy' on the part of several contributors to the normal board.

Just my opinion mind.

Rule Gillania.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

It depends very much on your definition of 'social inadequacy'.

I'd suggest that one of the reasons the new forum was mooted was 'social inadequacy' on the part of several contributors to the normal board.

Just my opinion mind.

Rule Gillania.

I would say so:mellow:

DONT ABUSE YOUR FRIENDS AND EXPECT THEM TO CONSIDER IT CRITICISM

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RACES ON THIS PLANET - THE INTELLIGENT AND THE STUPID

WTF? :blink:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Again I think you're being far too kind.

You could have added slack jawed, half-witted, fight in an empty house bores.

Definitely for the under 18s.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

It'll generally be open to most, it's a work in progress at the moment. If it's to be somewhere with fairly unrestricted content - in a forum with the club's name attached - then we need to careful about who can get in.

Details about gaining access will be available soon. TonInDublin and Boozehound will be the guys on the door...

excellent! the place should bve a good laugh then :D

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

excellent! the place should bve a good laugh then :D

:blink:

Power corrupts-I can see them banning folk right left and centre for being too polite.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Look lads, all of this is at the early planning stages, so stay with us as Edinton tries to work it out.

The intent of the forum would be for like minded people who don't get too uptight about the odd sweary or more pointed banter or personal slagging - especially for those amongst us who use the boards at night and over the weekends who might have a few sherbets or remember the days when you could have a cut at someone without having a big 30 pager about being reported to mods or being guilty of slander or being subjected to threats or whatever - that is NOT aimed at the last couple of days by the way - a good few of us have been requesting this type of forum for a while.

But to clarify -

1) if it goes ahead it won't be a clique - anyone is free to join - but the very fact you apply to join will mean that you accept what you're signing up for, so forearmed is forewarned - as above there might be a few more swearies, a lot more slagging and a lot less rigid rules.

2) it will be members only and you'll need to request to sign up - it will be password protected - so you can't stumble across it and be offended by accident

3) it won't be a free for all. We'll have some obvious rules, which we'll stick to. But I'd like to think they'll be VERY simple, VERY well understood and VERY few ! But you can guess there's certain behaviour that won't be accepted - and again you'll be agreeing to that if you sign up.

4) For anyone knocking it before we even get started - you have a choice. There will only be two outcomes of this board. It'll be poorly used, get out of control or be completely s***e .... if so, we'll stop and at least say "well we tried".

Or ...... it could have a great membership, some great banter and be a roaring success. If that's the case then happy days.

5) It is not intended to be an alternative to either Cappielow Chat or General Nonsense - ideally most things in the new forum will be complete and utter abject nonsense - but keeping it separate means that we don't píss off the folks who don't want to be subjected to some of the more risque and scurrilous patter, whilst facilitating those of us who enjoyed the bad old days gone by of Eddies Board, Andys board, the nightshift forum and others that have gone before it. Edinton and Tontastic deserve a huge deal of praise for even entertaining the idea - and as I said - it'll either work or it won't.

So it's not a clique, it will be a bit wilder than anywhere else on here, and that is aimed to please everyone - if you want to come out and play you'll be welcome, if you want to stay where you are you're equally being served by the board. So people will choose where they go and play - and that might depend on whether they're at work, on the beer, who's online etc etc.

Simple stuff really - which still might not transpire - but the lads are working on it and fair play to them.

Stay tuned.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

You're not allowed to be called leyTON. Unlucky.

:lol: and with that i'd like to submit my application to join!!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I'm just f*cking awesome. And I look 18.

And I'm sitting eating a pack of Mentos while listening to Run DMC.

Let me in?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived