Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight

sammy

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but he held the last Q&A and is yet to provide an update which was promised for January 2018. 

No wonder these things are so poorly attended when anything raised falls on deaf ears. 

Nonetheless, the McKinnon saga is clearly the Chairman's to handle. It's been Crawford who's been in the papers talking about three year plans, strategies etc so it seems he sees himself as the figurehead, so on that evidence I'd really be expecting any kind of statements about direction etc to be from him rather than Hawke.

AWMSC

Thanks for your input, but I must have missed the part where I said he was?

He did however, within his role, take responsibility for the last Q&A, promise an update and didn't deliver.

People seem to have this weird idea of what Hawke does. It's largely always been the case that any statements etc come from the Chairman, hence why he has a column in the programme etc (admittedly, this might have changed). I don't really expect regular commentary from him as he goes about the day-to-day running of the club; again, I'd see that as the role of the Chairman.

AWMSC

Anybody hear Mark McGhee’s comments on being linked to the Morton job on Sportsound?

He described it as one he “didn’t pursue”. We should of course look at this as a blessing, but quite why mouth breathers like he and John Hughes think they are above such an esteemed position is an absolute mystery to me.

If there’s any truth in what he said (which, given it was Mark McGhee, I very much doubt), there’s a bullet well and truly dodged.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45573933

Just read that yesterday where it just says there was nothing in it and going on at length about the way he was treated still making him feel sick and he shouldn't have been treated like that because he has over 1000 games as a manager. Poor wee soul.

If he did say there was an enquiry and he didn't follow it up it fits in with the 'entitled' mentality he seems to have.

People seem to have this weird idea of what Hawke does. It's largely always been the case that any statements etc come from the Chairman, hence why he has a column in the programme etc (admittedly, this might have changed). I don't really expect regular commentary from him as he goes about the day-to-day running of the club; again, I'd see that as the role of the Chairman.

Regardless of how you see the roles, you seem to have missed the part where Warren has been the actual person giving updates and statements over the past few years (until this May when Crawford took charge).

The point remains about one that was promised, and not delivered.

Bigger picture, it ties in with the conversation on here the other day about desire for more regular news and updates from within the club.

Whilst Dougie was in his final years as chairman of Morton, Hawke took responsibility for correspondence and as such should be held accountable for everything that he rolled out during that particular tenure. Ie the Q&A and the promised updates from it. 

I accept your point about Crawford dealing with things of late and thus far he's provided just about adequate updates on things. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The more Falkirk comment on the affair the more they condemn themselves. Both Falkirk and McKinnon are liars and deserve each other. Hopefully relegation and the job centre are the end result.

Between Morton maintaining radio silence and Grangemouth making lots of information public at the moment, I've got a horrible feeling that Morton's legal counsel/Ed de Ball has informed them there's no grounds for legal action. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Whilst Dougie was in his final years as chairman of Morton, Hawke took responsibility for correspondence and as such should be held accountable for everything that he rolled out during that particular tenure. Ie the Q&A and the promised updates from it. 

I accept your point about Crawford dealing with things of late and thus far he's provided just about adequate updates on things. 

Suspect that was partially due to necessity, given the circumstances. Didn't seem like Dougie was in a position to be doing it himself, sadly.

It's reasonable enough to say the club should be more forthcoming with regular updates - I've suggested a regular website feature from the Chairman further up this thread - but at the same time there seems to be this idea from some quarters that Hawke should be a public spokesman and relay his every doing which I don't think is accurate or realistic. That should lie with the Chairman's office.

AWMSC

Suspect that was partially due to necessity, given the circumstances. Didn't seem like Dougie was in a position to be doing it himself, sadly.

It's reasonable enough to say the club should be more forthcoming with regular updates - I've suggested a regular website feature from the Chairman further up this thread - but at the same time there seems to be this idea from some quarters that Hawke should be a public spokesman and relay his every doing which I don't think is accurate or realistic. That should lie with the Chairman's office.

There is a regular chairman's update in the programme though. For £3 a copy they need to keep something for it.

There is a regular chairman's update in the programme though. For £3 a copy they need to keep something for it.

I reckon programmes are bought more habitually than due to interest in the content. It strikes me that people who always buy a programme at the football will always buy one, and the people who never buy one never will. 

While I agree that the programme needs good content, I don't think the digital vs print debate really applies here. The older generation of Morton fan will read what Crawford says weekly in the programme, and the younger fans will read it on the website. 

I reckon programmes are bought more habitually than due to interest in the content. It strikes me that people who always buy a programme at the football will always buy one, and the people who never buy one never will. 

While I agree that the programme needs good content, I don't think the digital vs print debate really applies here. The older generation of Morton fan will read what Crawford says weekly in the programme, and the younger fans will read it on the website. 

Could be wrong, but I'd guess that the Chairman could mention that Chris Norris is Cappie the Cat in the middle of his notes and it'd take about a week for the word to spread.

Unless programme notes have changed a lot, it's usually just vague "welcome along to Cappielows" and the like rather than getting into any serious details. There's plenty of stuff to keep the programme filled, but in 2018 a club's website should be the main conduit for club's the communicate with their customers. 

AWMSC

Between Morton maintaining radio silence and Grangemouth making lots of information public at the moment, I've got a horrible feeling that Morton's legal counsel/Ed de Ball has informed them there's no grounds for legal action. 

I will be amazed if it gets anywhere near a court. It needs to go via the league first.

EOho8Pw.png

I will be amazed if it gets anywhere near a court. It needs to go via the league first.

According to today's Tele, the SPFL are investigating it at Morton's behest. Both Morton and the league refused to comment: if memory serves, Morton said they "can't", which suggests there's other stuff going on.

AWMSC

I want a point deduction, THEN we can drag them to court. Paying two managers, two assistants and two fitness coaches while also paying reparations to The Famous. 

I might be super naïve here, but why are they allowed to work at the moment? Legally.

Not super naive at all. Normally in these situations they can't while their contract is still running down. It will be interesting to see what the SPFL makes of it all.

Imagine if you substitute the names McKinnon, Morton and Falkirk with McInnes, Aberdeen and Rangers. What would have happened had it gone in the same way?

It shouldn't matter who the clubs are the principles and regulations are the same.

That's what pisses me off about the situation more than McKinnon leaving in the first place!  If this had involved any of the big 3 or 4 clubs it'd be all over the back pages but because it's plucky little Morton it'll more thank likely be swept under the carpet!

Its actually baffling why there's no media outside Greenock asking serious questions about this whole situation! 

Edited for pish typing!

here today, gone to hell

Its actually baffling why there's no media outside Greenock asking serious questions about this whole situation! 

It's not really. There''s precious few serious journalists that are aware that there are more than 2 clubs in Scotland, or care.

I think it's more a case that they're chortling behind their desks saying 'well you shouldn't have sacked Duffy'.

The longer Duffy is away the more I dislike his attitude to Morton as a club.

He did such a good job of convincing everyone Morton are a Brechin at this level that people thought finishing in the middle or bottom half of the table was an excellent achievement. 

We are so well rid of him an his lack of ambition.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived