What if we died? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What if we died?

TheGoon

Because you say you don't want MCT to fail, that doesn't mean I believe you- it'll take a bit more than that to convince me. Something along the lines of identifying who you are in order that I can compare your noble sentiments to your actions.

You do however give off the impression that you were involved with the Trust in. Can you confirm that one way or another, since I don't expect you to have the courage to actually identify yourself? And if MCT is, as you put it, "the only show in town" what happens to the Trust's shareholding in the club? Do they still own the shares or have they transferred them to MCT? It's fans' money after all,, if there is no purpose in the Trust then perhaps the new fans body should inherit their stake in the club.

TheGoon and HousTON have already addressed your points about contingency plans, which to my uneducated eye just come across as mud slinging because your ego has been dented by the Trust's failings in the last decade or so,resulting in a new body taking the bull by the horns and gaining more faith from the support than the Trust had.

We're not hearing a lot from the club or MCT because we're not hearing a lot from anybody at any club. Nobody knows how football will come out of this, knocking them for perceived inactivity is a pretty shitty stick to be beating them with given the amount of potential scenarios. I am of course saying this from the position of not being an MCT contributor and being unconvinced that their purpose is anything beyond "getting the Raes their money back".

It strikes me that your own agenda and ego is the motivation behind everything you have to say about Morton, it's ownership and the role of others in protecting and moving the club forward. It would certainly appear you're desperate to say you told folk so.

You and I will just have to disagree.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You and I will just have to disagree.

Perhaps not. Perhaps if you were to reveal your identity, rather than hiding behind an alias, I’d have a better idea as to the history of your involvement with Morton and be better placed to judge your intentions.

We may actually agree, but you’re too cowardly to do that.

Perhaps not. Perhaps if you were to reveal your identity, rather than hiding behind an alias, I’d have a better idea as to the history of your involvement with Morton and be better placed to judge your intentions.

We may actually agree, but you’re too cowardly to do that.

Sticks and stones.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Because you say you don't want MCT to fail, that doesn't mean I believe you- it'll take a bit more than that to convince me. Something along the lines of identifying who you are in order that I can compare your noble sentiments to your actions.

You do however give off the impression that you were involved with the Trust in. Can you confirm that one way or another, since I don't expect you to have the courage to actually identify yourself? And if MCT is, as you put it, "the only show in town" what happens to the Trust's shareholding in the club? Do they still own the shares or have they transferred them to MCT? It's fans' money after all,, if there is no purpose in the Trust then perhaps the new fans body should inherit their stake in the club.

TheGoon and HousTON have already addressed your points about contingency plans, which to my uneducated eye just come across as mud slinging because your ego has been dented by the Trust's failings in the last decade or so,resulting in a new body taking the bull by the horns and gaining more faith from the support than the Trust had.

We're not hearing a lot from the club or MCT because we're not hearing a lot from anybody at any club. Nobody knows how football will come out of this, knocking them for perceived inactivity is a pretty shitty stick to be beating them with given the amount of potential scenarios. I am of course saying this from the position of not being an MCT contributor and being unconvinced that their purpose is anything beyond "getting the Raes their money back".

It strikes me that your own agenda and ego is the motivation behind everything you have to say about Morton, it's ownership and the role of others in protecting and moving the club forward. It would certainly appear you're desperate to say you told folk so.

Last time I checked, the kitty is up to £21,000!

I keep the money in a bucket in the boot of the Lexus.

What are you so afraid of? I dont get it.

I only know one person on this board and I'm happy to keep it that way. I'm not interested in who's who and I'm happy to keep my identity private.

What are you so afraid of? I dont get it.

He's afraid of losing his self-appointed standing in the support. Save the Ton was almost two decades ago, the Trust is gone and his mate's incompetence got found out when he was tasked with running the club. It's a long way down when you're placed yourself on a pedestal as the morale compass of the whole Morton support.   

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Last time I checked, the kitty is up to £21,000!

I keep the money in a bucket in the boot of the Lexus.

If a Lexus is the Japanese Mercedes, what is a Honda? A Honda Jazz to be specific.

*insert signature here*

My nearest senior club is Queen’s Park, don’t think I’d go to watch them. Nearest non league clubs are Rutherglen Glencairn and Castlemilk Amateurs. Strangely enough I’d probably watch either of those before Queen’s Park, although if Morton went down I’m not sure any of those clubs would survive.

Excellent question.

I would have to say... it’s the Japanese Vauxhall Insignia!

It's like a cheese grater with wheels. It's nothing like a Vauxhall Insignia, which is like an English Mazda 626.

*insert signature here*

The principle of both bodies however is to work on behalf of the fans as a whole though and to give us a united voice in the running of the club, unless I missed something over the last 20 years.

Surely it’s in the best interests of the support as a whole to hand on those shares to the body that has inherited that principle and responsibility in order to strengthen their position in acting on our behalf?

I certainly don’t recall when I joined the Trust, before they stopped accepting my membership fees that individuals getting a shareholding would be part of the deal.

If the Trust were to donate the shareholding to MCT, then that would give MCT a stronger hand in the running of the club and hasten any chances they have of getting a majority shareholding, instead of providing folk with share certificates that don't actually mean an awful lot beyond getting a copy of the accounts and getting to put their hand up to speak once a year, assuming a meeting isn’t conveniently scheduled to clash with a major sporting event.

I have no idea what the trust’s constitution says, but I suspect that the trust doesn’t actually own the shares, but just holds them on behalf of the trust members and loan note holders. That is why they are being distributed to the people concerned. Whether or not people then wanted to donate them to the MCT is a separate matter. I for one will be keeping my shares although will probably novate my voting rights to MCT unless they start screwing things up.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Even if all the Trust, MCT and other minor shareholders put their shares together it's not enough to have any influence legallly.

All it does is put some weight behind their argument.

I'm not sure if it actually happened but MCT were being given 15% and the shares the Trust paid for ended up being around 3% after being diluted over the years.

I have no idea what the trust’s constitution says, but I suspect that the trust doesn’t actually own the shares, but just holds them on behalf of the trust members and loan note holders. That is why they are being distributed to the people concerned. Whether or not people then wanted to donate them to the MCT is a separate matter. I for one will be keeping my shares although will probably novate my voting rights to MCT unless they start screwing things up.

The Trust and members is pretty much the same thing. Some members didn't support MCT so shares went to individuals who can choose to donate or lend to MCT.

He's afraid of losing his self-appointed standing in the support. Save the Ton was almost two decades ago, the Trust is gone and his mate's incompetence got found out when he was tasked with running the club. It's a long way down when you're placed yourself on a pedestal as the morale compass of the whole Morton support.   

Firstly I'd like to thank you for elevating me to a position I've never held. That has made me feel good about myself this morning. You shall bow down at my alter instead of me at yours your Highness. :angel:

None of my mates ,as far as I'm aware, have ever been "tasked with running the club." I'm sure they would all find that slightly amusing as do I.

Now that I've been elevated, by you, I'm away to check Amazon to see if they sell moral compass pedestals. I quite fancy one of those. :thumbup2:

Archived