TheMortonForum.com
Sign in to follow this  
capitanus

Favourite messageboard moments

This is my favourite memory of all messageboards ever:

https://community.screwfix.com/threads/ive-been-mugged.85680/

Ernie tries to put down the Thunderbird to do some off the books plumbing work to get his hole off of a gullible neighbour, only to get sued by her for making an absolute cunt of the job. Then he takes his sense of injustice to a professional builders forum and gets knocked around senseless on there as well.

source.gif

Had a good laugh reading that back again!

• Upvote 1

When the good people of Scotland said "No Thanks" to Independence in 2014

Darkest days in the history of our nation thread for this pish.

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

What's he up to these days.

• Upvote 2

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

I enjoyed the contributions of:

Lord Volvic

Etta Crouton

He was better known as Lord Vulva - a bit of a fanny.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Who was the Partick fan that used to come on here before a game against them? Every post would contain some reference about the Gourock train stopping at "every hole in the hedge"

Who was the Partick fan that used to come on here before a game against them? Every post would contain some reference about the Gourock train stopping at "every hole in the hedge"

Don’t know if it’s the same guy but remember partickthistlelad? Used to come on here and try and sell hospitality to us for games against those bastards at Firhill and acting all sporting and pally with us.

He got chased after they won the league and has never been seen on here since. I hated that prick.

Edited by Toby
  • Upvote 1

Don’t know if it’s the same guy but remember partickthistlelad? Used to come on here and try and sell hospitality to us for games against those bastards at Firhill and acting all sporting and pally with us.

He got chased after they won the league and has never been seen on here since. I hated that prick.

I thought he was chased before then. He also used to try and get us interested in exhibitions about that other failed Glasgow outfit, Third Lanark.

• Upvote 2

I thought he was chased before then. He also used to try and get us interested in exhibitions about that other failed Glasgow outfit, Third Lanark.

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40622&page=1

This was the thread. He didn't quite get the hounding I thought, but certainly his patronising "hard luck, chaps" routine wasn't well received by most. The thread descended into a bun fight about whether or not Partick are a horrible mob or not.

You don't really get these sorts of things these days. We're all pretty much unanimous on clubs like Partick and Falkirk. Good to see standards have risen.

• Upvote 1

http://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40622&page=1

This was the thread. He didn't quite get the hounding I thought, but certainly his patronising "hard luck, chaps" routine wasn't well received by most. The thread descended into a bun fight about whether or not Partick are a horrible mob or not.

You don't really get these sorts of things these days. We're all pretty much unanimous on clubs like Partick and Falkirk. Good to see standards have risen.

Reading that thread again and seeing several folk who no longer post on here, like 'Etta Crouton' polluting threads with his own unique brand of incessant shite, I think that him getting banned has to be one of the greatest moments in the history of Morton messageboards.

Falkirk aye, but I reckon that there are still some on here with Partick sympathies.

Falkirk aye, but I reckon that there are still some on here with Partick sympathies.

I dont mind Thistle. Think I've said on here before I'd probably support them had I not been a Morton fan.

• Downvote 2

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I don’t quite know what it is about Thistle I dislike so much. The title race years ago doesn’t even bother me, there’s just something so unlikeable about them as a football club. They kind of have the sickly “a club like no other” stuff that Celtic do, but without actually winning things or being a big club.

• Upvote 1

I dont mind Thistle. Think I've said on here before I'd probably support them had I not been a Morton fan.

If I wasn't a Morton supporter I would probably be a St. Mirren supporter. They may be a shower of cunts who follow a horrible club from a horrible town but I have more in common with them and hold them in far higher regard than 'the great Glasgow alternative'.

As I've lived in Glasgow for decades & I've Thistle supporting friends who I sometimes tagged along with I seriously considered supporting Thistle when Morton seemed to be heading down the toilet under Scott & Peden. The more I thought about it the more I knew I could never make that switch.

I've never met a Partick Thistle fan who isn't completely up their own arse. They have an unbearable fanbase with some serious delusions of grandeur. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

As I've lived in Glasgow for decades & I've Thistle supporting friends who I sometimes tagged along with I seriously considered supporting Thistle when Morton seemed to be heading down the toilet under Scott & Peden. The more I thought about it the more I knew I could never make that switch.

I’d forgotten about the bold Mike. Did we ever peg down exactly what the script was with him?

I've never met a Partick Thistle fan who isn't completely up their own arse. They have an unbearable fanbase with some serious delusions of grandeur.

Au contraire every Thistle fan i've ever met bar none have been brand new.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I’d forgotten about the bold Mike. Did we ever peg down exactly what the script was with him?

If I recall correctly he came here after getting Darlington into heavy debt over a new stand and handing them over to a nutter who relocated them away from the part redeveloped ground to a 20,000 seater new stadium (1500 fans - that ended well). By this time Scott was trying to get away and Peden agreed a deal with him. He then presented himself as the new owner and showed off some new signings. Over the following months IIRC payment of wages went erratic, it turned out he hadn't paid Scott to complete their deal & I think the new players weren't directly contracted to the club but to him or one of his companies. Morton then staggered into administration after Scott had to step back in. It also emerged he'd never actually completed the takeover at Darlington either. Edited by Ton in Shawlands

It’s not so much the Thistle fans for me as the “media darlings” rubbish. “Firhill for Thrills”, “The Maryhill Magyars” etc. are phrases that don’t marry up with the actual product on the pitch. They’re no different from a Raith Rovers or an Ayr United, and yet they seem to get publicised as some sort of paragons of football virtue. This causes me to greatly dislike them and take a perverse pleasure in them losing games or being relegated, but I certainly wouldn’t want them to go out of business.

• Downvote 2