Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Bewilderedbeast

Season Tickets

Recommended Posts

I managed to get through the process easily and simply this time. 

I can't say that I'm completely confident that it will all work smoothly the first time I try to stream a match or gain entry to Cappielow, but at least the website worked this time. 

It's unbelievably poor, surely there's a open goal of a market there for someone who actually knows what they're doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I managed to get through the process easily and simply this time. 

I can't say that I'm completely confident that it will all work smoothly the first time I try to stream a match or gain entry to Cappielow, but at least the website worked this time. 

It's unbelievably poor, surely there's a open goal of a market there for someone who actually knows what they're doing?

The thought did cross my mind early on for me to pull some software devs together with me to do it but I figured Interstadia might have got their act together by the time any new software could be created. Yet here we are... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deego said:

The thought did cross my mind early on for me to pull some software devs together with me to do it but I figured Interstadia might have got their act together by the time any new software could be created. Yet here we are... 

So this is your fault.


 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 


onsP5NR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streaming update.

https://gmfc.net/2020/07/27/streaming-live-games-for-season-ticket-holders/

 

 

 

The SPFL have allowed clubs to stream live games within the UK territory for season 20/21 whilst access for fans is restricted. This will be reviewed by the SPFL as to future Government directives.

Games will be streamed live using the Pixellot S camera system, and will have full club commentary and interviews and features.
https://www.pixellot.tv/s-series/

Here are some Typical Questions and Answers

Do you get to see all home games via the stream when you purchase a season ticket?

A live stream link will be given to all season ticket holders for all games played under fan access restrictions. It is likely that any closed door friendlies will be streamed as stream test events.

Can I share the live stream link?
No. The link will be programmed for 1 view per IP listed address, and cannot be viewed on multiple devices.

Are all home games streamed?

All home games are planned to be streamed live, but may be restricted by the SPFL within the UK once full fan access restrictions are lifted. If this is the case then fans will use their season ticket for access to live games.

Can you still see these streams when some or all fans are allowed in?

At the moment the SPFL will allow live streaming of games till full fan access to games is permitted. If some restrictions are still in place, i.e. limited % of capacity access, or age/health restrictions, then it is likely that live streaming will still be able to be viewed in the UK territory.

If there is a limited % of capacity in place, then season ticket holders will get priority access.

Will games be streamed live to overseas fans?

Yes. If the SPFL decide to stop UK streaming permissions due to full fans restrictions having full access to stadia, then live streaming will only be able to be viewed by our overseas fans as part of the club’s TV platform.

Can the match stream be watched after the match, i.e. not just live?

Not at the moment but it is intended to cut highlights packages for viewing on the club’s new TV platform. Further news to come.

 Is it just league games, or are cup games included?
Only league games and any behind closed door friendlies are included for season ticket holders. Additionally for season 20/21, season ticket holders will get free access to the new club TV platform. It is anticipated that home cup games will be streamed under pay per view.

Can fans pay to view live streaming on a match to match basis?

This is still to be confirmed, but it is likely that this will be sanctioned by the SPFL pre the league start.

Can it be viewed via an app?
This is being worked on.

Further details in the next few weeks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not hopeful for the streaming to be a success considering the Morton website can’t handle the traffic when they post a statement etc, hoping they’ve got a new separate server 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Livi charging £20 for their PPV streaming effort, don't be surprised when ours is a similar price when the time comes to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EdinTon said:

Livi charging £20 for their PPV streaming effort, don't be surprised when ours is a similar price when the time comes to it

Thats fucking scandalous. 


There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TorontoTon said:

Two of us in Toronto, Canada have bought season tickets for the first time ever, as the above streaming services will now be available.  

No doubt there will be technical issues but even having the option is a very big deal from an overseas supporter perspective.

Happy to support the club and MCT.  

Yup, sure is! My first season ticket since season 94-95. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Surely the streaming will be the cheaper option rather than getting a season ticket

That would make sense. 


There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that the streaming will at least for a little while replace gate receipts, I expect clubs to charge a comparatively huge amount for it. This isn't like Sky selling subscriptions - this is purely for the "captive" audience of club supporters. They don't need to charge to compete with other streaming services. They just need to charge not so much that people boycott.


Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.


Do you like Abba?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Renfrew said:

Im not hopeful for the streaming to be a success considering the Morton website can’t handle the traffic when they post a statement etc, hoping they’ve got a new separate server 🤞

It was mentioned by MacKinnon in one of the weekly update videos that a new website was going to be in place, although I don't remember seeing any update on it since then. 


You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deego said:

The thought did cross my mind early on for me to pull some software devs together with me to do it but I figured Interstadia might have got their act together by the time any new software could be created. Yet here we are... 

There must be - no exaggeration - hundreds of ticketing companies who have a tried and tested product better than this. I had a quick look and the website doesn't look too bad, until it tells me I have to tell it what browser I'm using to I can see the seating plan!? Absolutely hopeless.


 

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've the 3rd cheapest adult season ticket at the minute. Arbroath will likely be cheaper when theirs come out too but it looks like we're about where we should be.

Hearts are going to take advantage of the bunker mentality of their moron support and absolutely rinse them for Championship football. Tiered pricing for £315-500.

Edited by GiGi

 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 


onsP5NR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Given that the streaming will at least for a little while replace gate receipts, I expect clubs to charge a comparatively huge amount for it. This isn't like Sky selling subscriptions - this is purely for the "captive" audience of club supporters. They don't need to charge to compete with other streaming services. They just need to charge not so much that people boycott.

Yeah, and I think even if clubs were adopting the logic of wanting to charge less for streams, in the Premiership at least they can't really do that now as where clubs have set the season tickets at a normal price they would then be ripping off their season ticket holders if they were only charging a fiver or similar for a stream. Pretty much every club has painted themselves into a corner on that, with the exceptions of Motherwell and Kilmarnock who have said the season tickets will cover 19 games from whenever fans are allowed back in grounds even if that means half of next season is already paid for.


Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Yeah, and I think even if clubs were adopting the logic of wanting to charge less for streams, in the Premiership at least they can't really do that now as where clubs have set the season tickets at a normal price they would then be ripping off their season ticket holders if they were only charging a fiver or similar for a stream. Pretty much every club has painted themselves into a corner on that, with the exceptions of Motherwell and Kilmarnock who have said the season tickets will cover 19 games from whenever fans are allowed back in grounds even if that means half of next season is already paid for.

Clubs are taking season ticket holders for granted and ripping them off by setting normal prices and not allowing for the fact that the experience of a streamed game is far lower value than attending in person.

Fair play to Motherwell and Killie for their approach, definitely acting with fans in mind rather than just thinking about the money.

I know Killie weren't going to release season tickets at all until they found the solution they went for, Hamilton still aren't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

It was mentioned by MacKinnon in one of the weekly update videos that a new website was going to be in place, although I don't remember seeing any update on it since then. 

He sounded like he thought the new site would fix every issue the club had 🤣

The streaming thing seems to be a standalone system though built for this kind of thing and looks to be a lot more professional that other service providers we use (that's you interstadia). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Given that the streaming will at least for a little while replace gate receipts, I expect clubs to charge a comparatively huge amount for it. This isn't like Sky selling subscriptions - this is purely for the "captive" audience of club supporters. They don't need to charge to compete with other streaming services. They just need to charge not so much that people boycott.

Aye, theres a lot of uncertainty in the whole thing so it's a difficult one for clubs. 

Not sure if the best thing to do is payg and pay more to MCT or go for the season ticket (or if it will make a difference!). Still a bit unsure about the transition period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...