Sign in to follow this  
capitanus

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

Auchinleck Talbot have been named league winners despite only being 3rd in the table.

They sit 12 points behind Kilwinning but with NINE games in hand. :lol: 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

What sort of league has a team with 9 games in hand?

That isn't even Sunday Welfare or Saturday Churches league level.

9 games in hand?

And declared winners when 12 points behind?

How does that work?

They were actually pretty well run before King Power took over a couple years back. They've invested a relatively huge amount of money (their stadium, infrastructure and supporter base are comparable to any mid-table club in the top division), without so far gaining promotion. They claim they're in it for the long run, but I'm not entirely convinced.

Football is of course replete with clubs who were being so well run and on the level until one bad group of people took over and ruined everything - Dundee; Livingston; Rangers; Livingston and Dundee again - so this argument definitely seems legit.

And I've debunked your catchment area pish before, nice try though. :) The population of greater Leuven is ~100,000 (around 30,000 of whom are students with no previous connections to the city or team), which is not substantially more that the population of greater Greenock.

That's not the limit of their catchment area though, in the same way that Ross County's catchment area isn't restricted to Dingwall but rather incorporates a huge swathe of northern Scotland as well. As we have shown before, your bin town lies within an immediate catchment area of nearly half a million people - which would be the equivalent of Dunfermline Athetic being the only professional club for the entire bumpkin 'kingdom of Fife'. Greater Greenock's catchment area on the other hand is firmly bounded by Smackville and the two largest clubs in the country being half an hour's drive up the motorway and so your comparison is invalid.

Also loving the idea that having 30,000 young adults in town with nothing else to do with their time - Belgium being a total fucking bin - is somehow a terrible burden that your pointless local club has to overcome.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

To update this one;

• Uses the club's official Twitter profile to retweet and promote his own podcast interview with Janne Lindberg, "dedicating" it to a guy he'd never previously met- a shameless display of ambulance chasing for his own gain which he expects nobody to challenge in light of his opportunistic claims to the moral high ground after his altercation with Gerry Irvine the previous night.
  • When challenged about his behaviour after laughably having the temerity to criticise someone else's, and then pointing out the "class" Kelty and Bonnyrigg acted with in light of the Lowland League's decision to award Kelty the title, the tactic changes from "feeling like he's the worst person in the world" as per his appalling statement from last week, to mockery in the form of shite GIFs. When challenged on that, he greets it with silence. Does he think that this sort of reaction to pertinent questions from fans of the club he is representing is appropriate?
More to come over the next few days, I suspect.

It is *THE ONLY* place... I’d ever... want... TO BEEEEE!

• Upvote 1

Football is of course replete with clubs who were being so well run and on the level until one bad group of people took over and ruined everything - Dundee; Livingston; Rangers; Livingston and Dundee again - so this argument definitely seems legit.

That's not the limit of their catchment area though, in the same way that Ross County's catchment area isn't restricted to Dingwall but rather incorporates a huge swathe of northern Scotland as well. As we have shown before, your bin town lies within an immediate catchment area of nearly half a million people - which would be the equivalent of Dunfermline Athetic being the only professional club for the entire bumpkin 'kingdom of Fife'. Greater Greenock's catchment area on the other hand is firmly bounded by Smackville and the two largest clubs in the country being half an hour's drive up the motorway and so your comparison is invalid.

Also loving the idea that having 30,000 young adults in town with nothing else to do with their time - Belgium being a total fucking bin - is somehow a terrible burden that your pointless local club has to overcome.

Trust me, OHL's support base is limited to the city and immediate environs, i.e., ~100,000 people. But hey, I bow to your superior knowledge of the city and region I've lived and worked in for 13 years.  :lol:  :lol:

And if you think Leuven is a 'bin' town, you've obviously never visited it. It's actually a really nice city, full of architecturally stunning gothic and brabantine buildings. And being a student city it has a cracking nightlife, for those much younger then me, obviously, ha! Deego will back me up on that. :) Have a look at my Instagram account, you might be pleasantly surprised.

https://www.instagram.com/georgebrycephotography/

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

I wouldn't waste my time viewing an Instagram feed of Dunfermline never mind the Dunfermline of fucking Belgium. Thanks for playing anyway.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I wouldn't waste my time viewing an Instagram feed of Dunfermline never mind the Dunfermline of fucking Belgium. Thanks for playing anyway.

Hahaha, fair enough,  :D  :D

Leicester is getting locked down again due to this Chinese disease.  Here's hoping that it doesn't spread to other places.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

13 minutes ago, Woody66 said:

Wishful thinking.

No, that was Go West.

Which is what the people of Hong Kong will be doing very soon, with their British Overseas Passports.

57 minutes ago, capitanus said:

No, that was Go West.

You are confusing your hits of the 80s. 

53 minutes ago, Woody66 said:

You are confusing your hits of the 80s. 

As the man in the orthopaedic shoe said:

I stand corrected.

:D

• Upvote 1

King of Wishful Thinking by Go West is actually from 1990.

Another one of those, same time tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

So it's definitely something that we will need to think about going forward, and all clubs will need to factor into budgeting a contingency plan for emergency testing, should an outbreak at the club arise. I would be surprised if this is an isolated incident over the next couple of months.

Was talking to someone high up in the Glasgow police the other day (wife's pal) and asked if she knew when fans would be back to the game. She mentioned that the notion of "season ticket holders only" initially was being mooted. After asking how places like Ibrox would cope (a row each maybe, given the likes of the subway loyal) I then said that her home team, Stranraer, could easily have their normal crowds in, even with social distancing. Her reply was "only if none of them need to use the toilet".

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Oh right because that won't be a problem at all in the virus-breeding sheds known as public schools or indeed the supermarkets, pubs etc. that they're perfectly okay with having open already. I'm sure that the weans and teachers will also have to fork out for regular testing when the schools go back as well just like SPFL clubs to do their job.

It's time for Plod and that Jason Leitch cunt above them in particular to wind their neck in rather than setting unique hurdles for Scottish football to clear that no other sector of the economy has to deal with.

Arbitration is finished, Hearts and Thistle lose their case which finally cements their relegations with no £10million either :lol:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, so72 said:

Arbitration is finished, Hearts and Thistle lose their case which finally cements their relegations with no £10million either :lol:

Ooh the banter!!!

hqdefault (1).jpg

• Upvote 1

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get a frothing mess statement from Budge after 90 minutes of shame game level content aimed squarely at her. Better than three points IMO.