Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

Obviously put up by our new social media volunteer. It's the sort of ambulance chasing that you expect from a Liverpool or Celtic fan (oh wait...) which doesn't actually mean anything. But as I said, the boy has absolutely no self awareness, so it's little surprise that this is the sort of gimmick that he thinks will get folk onside with him.

Of course though, it's a hot topic, so anyone who has the temerity to criticise him for this sort of stuff will be rounded on for not caring enough by the Facebook maws of this world.

Yeah, agreed. I didn’t know anything about this earlier and noticed a few things about the GMFC account liking a few different things about this and that and wondered what it was about....at the risk of sounding callous or cynical, a business account shouldn’t really be used for that, and especially not when the guy paid to run it has been punted for the duration. The badge thing just seems contrived, especially when it’s not even the NHS Scotland logo.

AWMSC

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, agreed. I didn’t know anything about this earlier and noticed a few things about the GMFC account liking a few different things about this and that and wondered what it was about....at the risk of sounding callous or cynical, a business account shouldn’t really be used for that, and especially not when the guy paid to run it has been punted for the duration. The badge thing just seems contrived, especially when it’s not even the NHS Scotland logo.

I will add however that I can't exactly complain about being rounded on by the Facebook maws for not caring enough when my mates and I have rounded on this boy.

You'll be glad to know though that he's addressed your concerns and is now chasing a Scottish ambulance instead of an English one.

I will add however that I can't exactly complain about being rounded on by the Facebook maws for not caring enough when my mates and I have rounded on this boy.

You'll be glad to know though that he's addressed your concerns and is now chasing a Scottish ambulance instead of an English one.

Nobody has exactly 'rounded on this boy' just merely expressing our disquiet that he is acting like a 'scummer'.

For what it's worth, here is a wee bit of info regarding the term 'Scummer' and it's origins:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/news/16115/great-pompey-myths-debunked--no-1-the-origin-of-scummers/page:1/

*insert signature here*

Out of interest, does he have the clubs permission to replace the badge with the NHS Scotland logo?

I'm not in the habit of checking the clubs social media platforms but I checked this one and it looks pretty naff.

*insert signature here*

Out of interest, does he have the clubs permission to replace the badge with the NHS Scotland logo?

I'm not in the habit of checking the clubs social media platforms but I checked this one and it looks pretty naff.

I doubt the club really care. They dealt with the criticism in January after blocking folk but I doubt that social media is that high on the agenda even still.

I do see that today we're getting videos of lads and dads playing keepie ups in their gardens and a message from Jim McAlister, so the job application is going into overdrive.

Any suggestions for the next video? What about one of the furloughed staff sitting in their houses doing fuck all whilst that vulture takes over their work?

On the furlough thing, do we know if the club are paying the 20% of wages? Or is everybody just getting the government chunk? It doesn’t seem clear from MacKinnon’s letter. Funny that he thanks the club’s owners for covering wages though. They fuckin should be.

Also, over-seeing essential social media stuff is one thing; staking your claim to the role and trying to stamp your own style on it is another.

AWMSC

On the furlough thing, do we know if the club are paying the 20% of wages? Or is everybody just getting the government chunk? It doesn’t seem clear from MacKinnon’s letter. Funny that he thanks the club’s owners for covering wages though. They fuckin should be.

Also, over-seeing essential social media stuff is one thing; staking your claim to the role and trying to stamp your own style on it is another.

With regards to the Furlough, there is a time delay between the players getting paid and the government funds arriving with the club/company, so what DMcK is effectively doing is thanking the clubs owners by paying the players by putting the money up front in the interim. The Rae Family will recoup this money when the Government Furlough payments come through. They are merely doing what owners should be doing, by taking responsibility.

*insert signature here*

They're putting (at least some of) the money in from GC on behalf of the club though, which has had pretty much hee-haw income for a month now. They're obviously not doing this out of the sheer goodness of their hearts - if GMFC goes tits up, so do their IOU piles - but being able to draw on GC to assist with cashflow in this or any other stoppage is something that we shouldn't take for granted. It's the only major benefit of the current ownership model, though not one that balances out two decades of ever incompetent and increasingly detached stewardship in my book.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Back to the subject of our social media content, on a day the the SPFL have put forward their proposals on how to the leagues move forward, this would be an appropriate time for Morton to use their social media channels to provide a clear, concise statement on where they stand on the matter. You know, important information that has to be relayed to the support.

Instead, we've found out MacKinnon's stance through Christopher Dodds from the Tele's Twitter account whilst our media volunteer is asking Aidan Nesbitt his five favourite songs, as if anyone actually give a flying fuck.

Back to the subject of our social media content, on a day the the SPFL have put forward their proposals on how to the leagues move forward, this would be an appropriate time for Morton to use their social media channels to provide a clear, concise statement on where they stand on the matter. You know, important information that has to be relayed to the support.

Instead, we've found out MacKinnon's stance through Christopher Dodds from the Tele's Twitter account whilst our media volunteer is asking Aidan Nesbitt his five favourite songs, as if anyone actually give a flying fuck.

Dreams by Fleetwood Mac

Born to Run, Springsteen!

Oasis, Rocking Chair... a B side no less!

Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil (an evil idiot!)

Bob ‘Bob’ Dylan, Like a Rolling Stone!

Daniel Rogers disagrees with those choices, by the way.

Dreams by Fleetwood Mac

Born to Run, Springsteen!

Oasis, Rocking Chair... a B side no less!

Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil (an evil idiot!)

Bob ‘Bob’ Dylan, Like a Rolling Stone!

Daniel Rogers disagrees with those choices, by the way.

No, it was Aiden Nesbitt, so it was:

The Fields of Athenry

The Merry Ploughboy

The Wearing of the Green

Dirty old Tims

The Fields of Athenry (Charlie & The Bhoys remix)

*insert signature here*

You do realise that in his next outburst, our Volunteer will somehow manage to twist it around so that you are in the wrong for pointing this out to the rest of us.

*insert signature here*

I doubt the club really care. They dealt with the criticism in January after blocking folk but I doubt that social media is that high on the agenda even still.

I do see that today we're getting videos of lads and dads playing keepie ups in their gardens and a message from Jim McAlister, so the job application is going into overdrive.

Any suggestions for the next video? What about one of the furloughed staff sitting in their houses doing fuck all whilst that vulture takes over their work?

Vulture, scab etc seem a bit unfair to me. There’s a world of difference between work that undermines a strike, say, and work which is reallocated according to this scheme (which the scheme expressly allows for - I don’t really agree that it’s against the spirit of the scheme per se), which is designed to save jobs at the end of it rather than to undermine or cut them. Obviously there’s a different argument about what should be put out etc, but some it is a bit unfair and a bit over the top, I think.*

* I’m sure what I think matters not a jot!

Vulture, scab etc seem a bit unfair to me. There’s a world of difference between work that undermines a strike, say, and work which is reallocated according to this scheme (which the scheme expressly allows for - I don’t really agree that it’s against the spirit of the scheme per se), which is designed to save jobs at the end of it rather than to undermine or cut them. Obviously there’s a different argument about what should be put out etc, but some it is a bit unfair and a bit over the top, I think.*

The bit in bold is the only bit I agree with.

*insert signature here*

Your reading of the situation, per se, will be scant comfort to the young lad who has been dumped on furlough when he sees an arrogant, self aggrandising, narcissistic young guy who doesn't even support Morton doing his job for free only to further his own ends.

*insert signature here*

You may well have had a point 48 hours ago, but I think it's clear to see from Morton's output today that the boy is now doing a very public audition for the role- right in front of the guy he's seeking to replace's face. "Vulture" is about as appropriate a description as there is for this lad.

Incidentally, still no official update from Morton on the club's views of the SPFL's proposals on how to conclude the season. Not to worry though, we might find out Cameron Salkeld's favourite Spice Girl tomorrow.

Time will tell how this pans out, but I suspect that in a few months time, I'll be telling you I told you so. The boy's absolutely shameless.

You may well have had a point 48 hours ago, but I think it's clear to see from Morton's output today that the boy is now doing a very public audition for the role- right in front of the guy he's seeking to replace's face. "Vulture" is about as appropriate a description as there is for this lad.

Time will tell how this pans out, but I suspect that in a few months time, I'll be telling you I told you so. The boy's absolutely shameless.

I'm not a fan of the boy, I actually can't stand him on Twitter but is he really going to give up a secure job for life in teaching to become a media guy for Morton probably on peanuts compared to his teaching salary??

I'm not a fan of the boy, I actually can't stand him on Twitter but is he really going to give up a secure job for life in teaching to become a media guy for Morton probably on peanuts compared to his teaching salary??

No, I think he'll take it up on a voluntary basis in order to boost his CV. And Morton will bite his hand off for the opportunity to save a few quid. I've already suggested something along those lines earlier in the thread.

Archived